Character Builder

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm creating a Invoker/Battlemind hybrid class in the character builder, I'm moving up to level 21 and alot of the abilities/feats/at-wills that I've chosen

from the PHBs that should be options, And I can't to seem to find them. Any help on what I've done wrong? Becasue alot of the powers I can't find are very important to the build.

I think I picked things out of order, this is the list of what I still need.

At-wills- Battlemind Demand, Blurred Step, and Mind Spike.

Encounters- Numerious Cascade.

Dailys- God Hammer, and Sunburst Bulwark.

Utilities- Memory of a thousand lifetimes, Preservers Rebuke, Speed of thought, Astral Step, Covenant of Endurance, Icon of Life, and Blinding ward.
as a hybrid don't you have to chose between blurred step or mind spike?

Also some options from later books are not availabel in the builder as hybrid options.

The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
a race that gets powers you don't have to choose between (like your Deva) will only see the racial power in the character sheet, not in the builder proper.  Same with powers like Preserver's Rebuke - if you don't have to pick between it and another or only one is granted by a class feature or feat or whatever, then they will only show up in the character sheet.

Also the CB is pretty good about not displaying powers you don't qualify for.  Happens a lot when you level from the top down instead of building up from 1st level, since it's easy to overlook a prerequisite skill or stat, or try to retrain a feat at the wrong tier.

or it could just be one of the broken parts of the CB and you'll have to work around it.

INSIDE SCOOP, GAMERS: In the new version of D&D, it will no longer be "Edition Wars." It will be "Edition Lair Assault." - dungeonbastard

a race that gets powers you don't have to choose between (like your Deva) will only see the racial power in the character sheet, not in the builder proper.  Same with powers like Preserver's Rebuke - if you don't have to pick between it and another or only one is granted by a class feature or feat or whatever, then they will only show up in the character sheet.

Also the CB is pretty good about not displaying powers you don't qualify for.  Happens a lot when you level from the top down instead of building up from 1st level, since it's easy to overlook a prerequisite skill or stat, or try to retrain a feat at the wrong tier.

or it could just be one of the broken parts of the CB and you'll have to work around it.

Honestly I have no idea, I jumped into the game late and I've always thought an Invoker/Battle mind would be a great combo, if I was able to pick the right powers, and I was just curious if it was somewhere I messed up on in the CB, it would suck so much if it was a broken component of it though.
I would make sure the powers show up on the character sheet before assuming anything is broken, and even then I would close the CB, clear the cache, and try again.

If you get something that doesn't require a choice or interaction, it usually just gets included in the character sheet without putting it on the Power tab.  

Easy to miss and forget about, happens all the time at the game store.  Mages forget they get Magic Missile, bards forget they have heals, etc, all because the power wasn't staring at them while they built it and they didn't look at the character sheet until they got to the table.

INSIDE SCOOP, GAMERS: In the new version of D&D, it will no longer be "Edition Wars." It will be "Edition Lair Assault." - dungeonbastard