Avacyn's Pilgrim

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
does 'Avacyn's Pilgrim' continue to stack mana or do you tap the creature like a land card? so in theory can i get one more white mana every turn if i tape this guy?
does 'Avacyn's Pilgrim' continue to stack mana or do you tap the creature like a land card? so in theory can i get one more white mana every turn if i tape this guy?

Avacyn's Pilgrim's ability is no different that that of any regular land: You may tap it to get one white mana, and then you must wait until it untaps somehow.

Mana vanishes from your mana pool at the end of each step and phase or when you spend it on spells or abilities. The Pilgrim gives you another mana, just like if you had tapped a Plains for mana. Its ability is is exactly the same as that of a Plains.

You likely have the common misconception, that mana and land are synonymous. That's not true. It's like calling milk a cow. Most lands can produce mana, but they themselves are not the mana. You don't get more lands from such abilities.
Check out these cards. All three of them have the same ability.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Check out these cards. All three of them have the same ability.

And actually, even Hallowed Fountain has the same ability to add white mana in its controller's mana pool.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

We must not forget that the lands can tap for mana the turn they come out, whereas the pilgrim has to wait till its been under its controller's control since the beginning of his or her most recent turn.
Teachable Level 1 Judge
Sign In to post comments