Orzhov deck assistance

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've built a Orzhov deck based around the Orzhov Oppression deck. I added in a few more cards like Obzedat, Ghost Council , Souls of the Faultless and other :wbm: spells. The idea of my deck is to be a stall/bleeding deck with a bit of "penance" in it (by that I mean punishing my opponents for attacking, drawing, casting, ect). Basically I want to just build up my extort army and have creatures like Souls of the Faultless and High Priest of Penance to keep my opponents at bay. Sitting back, rarely ever attacking and grind them away. My win conditions include either just extort everybody or my combo of Vizkopa Guildmage and Exquisite Blood. Any tips?
Off the top of my head, you'll definitely want quite a bit of removal for this deck to work. You should be able to lock down the board to an extent, but Souls of the Faultless won't save you if your opponent drops a 9/9 trampler. One Thousand Lashes or its likely superior older cousin Pillory of the Sleepless act as removal, help you to finish off your opponent, and thematically fit the deck. Orzhov Charm is also pretty sweet, especially if you're running any auras in the deck. 

Bro, do you even Autocard?

Autocarding: [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

Showing somebody how to autocard: [c[b][/b]]Cryptic Command[/c] = [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

Off the top of my head, you'll definitely want quite a bit of removal for this deck to work. You should be able to lock down the board to an extent, but Souls of the Faultless won't save you if your opponent drops a 9/9 trampler. One Thousand Lashes or its likely superior older cousin Pillory of the Sleepless act as removal, help you to finish off your opponent, and thematically fit the deck. Orzhov Charm is also pretty sweet, especially if you're running any auras in the deck. 

Those are some good points. I have mixed feelings about Orzhov Charm because I rarely use auras and mostly use it for its removal ability. I generally run a lot of Doom Blade's but Pillory of the Sleepless would be a good idea too.

So any other cheap removal spells or spells that you think will help this deck out would be great.