¿what is the good and bad of each guild?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
besides i would like to know which guilds are strong and weak against other guilds (for example, Selesnya is strong against Dimir and Azorius but weak against Simic and Rakdos)

Thanks

Good and bad in game play or from an in-universe perspective? For an in-universe example, the Boros put their lives on the line to protect the people, but at their worst can start acting like military dictators.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

i mean to the game play
Boros and Rakdos are both highly aggro with a lot of removal available. They have very little in the way of good late or mid game options, as both focus on making sure that there is no such things as a late or mid game.

Selesnya is vulnerable early, and the reliance on token creatures means that bounce effects hurt them more than others. The ability to make large numbers of large creatures is scary, though.

Orzhov is vulnerable early, but not as strong late game as Selesnya. They shine in the mid game, using multiple small to mid size cards and Extorting the hell out of them.

Azorious can do ok overall by using white weenies and following it up late game with blue control. The problem is that like any aggro-control hybrid it is difficult to reliably do both.

Izzet has a lot of tricks and removal, the difficult part of Izzet is that it can often turn into all flash and no substance.

Gruul is pretty straight up creature-based beats and ramp, and is vulnerable to game changing effects (sweepers, cards that change attacking and blocking conditions, etc.).

Simic has a lot of good creatures and control elements available, but much like Azorious can suffer from trying to split archetypes.

Dimir seems to have a difficult time deciding between mill and damage, but if you put your deck together right you can reliably win with either. The key to keep in mind is that you are largely going to have a mid to late game deck, so finding good, early, defense is a must.

Golgari has a good range of creatures and removal, the big problem is that the Scavange mechanic rather puts them in an "all your eggs in one basket" situation.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Correction golgari rarely ever uses the scavenge mechanic in dgm.. They don't plan on having to use it they plan on having infinite hordes of zombies or large beast u cant deal with. They have amazing mid game, and with the right pulls like deadbridge chant ur unbeatable late game. but thats just like a limited god rare. They are prettty good aggro stoppers in general though.
interesting perspective of the guilds, now i want to make the same question but in universe perspective.
In terms of the game...

is about Permission
is about the Long Game
is about Suicide
is about the Curve
is about the Threat
is about the Answer
is about ?
is about Resources
is about Efficiency
is about Tempo
Sign In to post comments