A Detektor Blip: Wrath of Gaea

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wrath of Gaea
Instant
Until end of turn, everything has deathtouch.
[Man] trusted God was love indeed
And love Creation's final law—
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and claw
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed...
-Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam" 
This not working with new spells cast strikes me as pretty unintuitive. I think you would gain more by directing the ability towards the creatures dealt damage rather than the sources of damage. Or possibly, use source, but I'm not entirely sure on the specifics of that.

There is no difference between "Until end of turn, X" and "X until end of turn."

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Wait, so how does it have to be worded in order to affect new spells?

emblems

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Sets I Made: Fleets of Ossia (complete) | Wavebreak (in progress)

"If a spell or ability would deal damage to a creature this turn, destroy that creature"

Optional: "It can't be regenerate" 
Elegant but makes rules people sad: "Until end of turn, all damage is lethal."

Slightly different functionally: "Whenever a creature is dealt damage this turn, destroy it."

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

"Until end of turn, all damage is dealt to creatures as though its source had deathtouch. (Any amount of damage from a source with deathtouch is enough to destroy a creature.)"
Rules Advisor
Did you use this name just so Ephemeron would post?
Did you use this name just so Ephemeron would post?

Did he make a card with the same name at one point?
It's his favourite (and probably most famous) design.

Wrath of Gaea -
Sorcery
Each creature becomes a basic Forest land. (It is no longer a creature. This effect doesn't end at end of turn)

Interesting. I guess it's logical to swap "God" for "Gaea" when making a green mass-removal variant. Probably because we've become so used to calling that effect a "wrath" anyways.

Are any other users considered to have a most famous design?
That really isn't what I think of when I think of Ephemeron's cards.

likewise

Interesting. I guess it's logical to swap "God" for "Gaea" when making a green mass-removal variant. Probably because we've become so used to calling that effect a "wrath" anyways.

Razorborne's Eager Cadet.

Razorborne's Eager Cadet.

that's not funny. they burned my crops to cinders, man. to cinders.

Giving noncreatures deathtouch is hell of not green me ole son
I've been pondering lately if it's wrong to automatically relate American literature with nature. Even if those individuals hermitized themselves, it feels strange to automatically relate all American literature with green. Maybe it's just that this relativity is becoming cliché—but that itself would be due to the lack of moderation; as the saying goes, all good things in moderation.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/74/Spr_5b_645.png)

If the Title is "Wrath of Gaea", the effect should be "Destroy all artifacts"

You know who this effect would go well with?  Phage
So it confuses me that Ephemeron is so revered, and has so many of those enigmatic titles, and yet...has so few posts...HISTORY!!?
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
So it confuses me that Ephemeron is so revered, and has so many of those enigmatic titles, and yet...has so few posts...HISTORY!!?

most of Eph's posts got eaten in the forum transfer.

Do I have a most famous card? I would be surprised if any of you could name one i've made. (Du'durag doens't count... neither does the Chain... or an You Make The's.... aww man, I can't even think of one...)

Show
Upon the day that dragons were born, so to was the first white wig worn, by men who wished to make the world theirs, and in the process sorcery tears - the very fabric of space and time, dragging the dragons right into their prime, these monstrous beasts in philosophical mansions, stood right in the way of colonial expansions. To break these beasts a hero must be found, a hero of the future who can stand the sound - of centuries past and voices unfettered, and someone who'll carve dragon graves lettered - R, I, and P the three sacred symbols, that curse the dead to a land without gimbals. A land they'll never leave, because escape cannot conceive - itself, out of the grip of this mustachio'd hero, a Roosevelt who is comparable to zero. Family crest tattooed on his chest, the baddest m****rf****r this side of the West. And to the dismay of the colonial fools, their futuristic hero had to play by the rules, and the hero chosen by the dragons themselves, they summoned with a tome pulled from dusty shelves. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, or so they said, as their dragon tails were waggin'. And up from the depths, as the earth shook, the Oldest of Ones opened eyes for a look - at the battle that was about to be waged, the human champion that stood enraged - on the precipice between hither and yon, to battle this most eldritch scion. And with that, the tension was broken, the combat began, and each soul had spoken - its very last words, because as soon as time had started, so to had it ended, and sentience departed.
I've been around for......   317 posts! That's like, so much! (Im totally kidding like all the time by the way.) Yeah, I suppose know one really does know me... what shall I do? 

Show
Upon the day that dragons were born, so to was the first white wig worn, by men who wished to make the world theirs, and in the process sorcery tears - the very fabric of space and time, dragging the dragons right into their prime, these monstrous beasts in philosophical mansions, stood right in the way of colonial expansions. To break these beasts a hero must be found, a hero of the future who can stand the sound - of centuries past and voices unfettered, and someone who'll carve dragon graves lettered - R, I, and P the three sacred symbols, that curse the dead to a land without gimbals. A land they'll never leave, because escape cannot conceive - itself, out of the grip of this mustachio'd hero, a Roosevelt who is comparable to zero. Family crest tattooed on his chest, the baddest m****rf****r this side of the West. And to the dismay of the colonial fools, their futuristic hero had to play by the rules, and the hero chosen by the dragons themselves, they summoned with a tome pulled from dusty shelves. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, or so they said, as their dragon tails were waggin'. And up from the depths, as the earth shook, the Oldest of Ones opened eyes for a look - at the battle that was about to be waged, the human champion that stood enraged - on the precipice between hither and yon, to battle this most eldritch scion. And with that, the tension was broken, the combat began, and each soul had spoken - its very last words, because as soon as time had started, so to had it ended, and sentience departed.

What do you think of? I'm intrigued.
From nothing came teeth.
Qlippothic, maybe?  The precon deck contests you ran. There was the black mana is life enchantment.
IMAGE(http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/senex31337/554596-Apostatic-Ascension_zpsaf54793c.jpg)

This one? 
From nothing came teeth.
Less rage, more Phage

How come people went off bashing each other instead of politely discussing my suggestion that that be switched from green and Gaea to black and Phage? 

BTW, what the hell is Watanabi juice? 
Green gets deathtouch too, and it just doesn't feel black to me.
Qlippothic, maybe?  The precon deck contests you ran. There was the black mana is life enchantment.

Now I'm intrigued. What's Qlippothic?
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

Now I'm intrigued. What's Qlippothic?

"A deck with Qlippothic cards in it can't contain non-Qlippothic cards."
I should get into this whole gender/sex discussion thing.

Anyway, green gets deathtouch too, and it just doesn't feel black to me.

It doesn't feel GAEA to me.  Gaea doesn't feel like somebody who would give deathtouch.
I like to think of deathtouch as "this creature is so strong it kills anything by touching it". 

Okay, maybe not. 
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
It's interesting how the M10 rules changes made Death Pits of Rath weaker. Even though you know you would only need to assign 1 damage to each blocker to destroy them, the rules make you assign damage at least equal to their toughness before you can move on to the next guy in the conga line. But if it said "everything has deathtouch", it would work more like it used to (except as a static ability not triggered).
I remember I won a contest for a custom avatar and I was so ****in' psyched. Even though it was a thing for a lame internet forum for nerds!!
For a bunch of dorks Wizards sure don't give a toss about their online functionality! It's honestly kind of weird but what's even more weird is that we're all still here.
I remember I won a contest for a custom avatar and I was so ****in' psyched. Even though it was a thing for a lame internet forum for nerds!!

I remember I got a custom avatar but didn't want to change mine since nobody else used it anyway, so I MS Painted "custom avatar" on it in green.

I thought oranges' 'i swing 4 2' or w/e was sf cute.
I think I'm glad I haven't been here as long as you people.
I've removed content from this thread. Sexist comments are in violation of the Code of Conduct

You can review the Code of Conduct here: company.wizards.com/conduct

That took longer than usual.
That took longer than usual.

Careful, we're not allowed to talk about how broken and nonfunctional the moderation system is.

You know, part of me wants to blame our continued problems with the fact that organizing a real ruckus over the terrible software and moderation is like herding cats... but really it's no wonder it's impossible to get anything organized when discussing the terrible moderation policy is against the terrible moderation policy
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Make sure you save that before it is gone.
Shrug. It's got literally no use outside of these forums, and there's no sense in reposting it.

I suppose I could just copy it so I can paste it whenever this comes up. It's not like I'm saying anything new, ever. The problem stays the same, and the solution stays the same, and the pointless idiocy of having to fight Wizards to make their own damn community not suck stays the same. 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Sign In to post comments