Is This the Real Life...Izzet Just Fantasy?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Red/Blue aggro.

The inspiration for this deck is that I really like the art for Nivix Cyclops. Is there something I can replace Wee Dragonauts with? Because I really hate them, they never seem to be as effective as I wish they were.

I would replace guildgate with Sulfur Falls. They aren't that expensive and can speed up the game.
Still about 8 bucks for the falls...not exactly budget

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/12.jpg)

I'd just as soon drop Wee Dragonauts for Nivix Cyclops since it can take a Bolt. You might look at your win conditions as Nivix Cyclops and Fluxcharger with either Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius or Melek, Izzet Paragon at the top of your curve. Remand is really good stall for your deck, as it nets you a card. Fire // Ice is probably better than Into the Roil since you get to stall a creature with Ice and draw a card.

If you ran cards like Brainstorm, Ponder, and Preordain with Miracle cards like Temporal Mastery, Bonfire of the Damned. and Electrolyze with Melek, Izzet Paragon, you could have a lot of fun. This would require you to use Brainstorm, Ponder, and Preordain to get spells to stall the field while you build your mana for Melek. Or you can use them to set up your Miracle cards to get them cheap, which can also help you stall the field.

Drop Melek, Izzet Paragon and start ripping Bonfire/Mastery for their Miracle cost or Electrolyze AND start duplicating the spells via Melek. Since my Melek idea still runs utility spells, you can include Nivix Cyclops and Fluxcharger in the creature lineup. Ideally you'd run

4 Nivix Cyclops
3-4 Fluxcharger
3 Melek, Izzet Paragon

4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
1 Preordain or 1[CARD]Mystical Tutor[/card]
4 Remand
3 Electrolyze 
2-3 Temporal Mastery
2-3 Bonfire of the Damned                
Ah, thank you. I had initially ignored Fluxcharger because I didn't notice that it has flying, now I see that it definitely has a place in this deck. I'd like to stay Modern-legal, so Ponder and Preordain are out, but some of the other stuff looks snazzy.
For dig into miracles I would suggest scry cards like Serum Visions , Magma Jet . I would also run some DD in this deck as well this will help to clear the board for your beater to get through. My suggestion would be -4 dragonauts, -1 flameblast, -1 paragon ,+4 Lightning Bolt and +2 Pillar of Flame both are solid cards.
Sign In to post comments