Delve Character Optimization

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
So we are doing a 3 ecounter Delve. I made a chracter and just wanted to hear everyones thoughts. If there are any changes you recommened please list what book they are from so i can look and maybe change it up. Feels pretty solid to me besides gear really.

Edit: we are doing a lvl 6 delve.

So here are the rules for the Delve.

Show
You begin the adventure with a level-appropriate character. PHB 1, PHB 2, PHB 3 races and classes are allowed. No Essentials characters. You may use Arcane, Martial (1/2), Divine, Primal, Psionic Power + Dragon Magazine for your feats and powers. Starting Equipment: One magic item of your level One magic item of your level + 1 One magic item of your level - 1 Gold equal to the value of a magic item of your level - 1, which may be used to purchase additional items, including consumables. Ex. For level 10 scenario, you have 4,200gp. You may use it to purchase a single level 9 magic item, or a level 8 magic item and some potions, etc.

I made a Wild Sorc Halfling. 

Stats: 10, 13, 18, 10, 8, 20

Powers 
Lvl. 1 At-Will: Chaos Bolt, Energy Strope
Lvl. 1 Encounter: Pinning Bolt
Lvl. 1 Daily: Dazzling Ray
Lvl. 2 Utility: Focused Chaos
Lvl. 3 Ecounter: Spectral Claw
Lvl. 5 Daily: Moon of the Stars
Lvl. 6 Chaotic Defense 

Feats 

Dual Implement Spellcaster
Armor Proficiency: Leather
Implement Expertise (Staff)
Superior Implement Training (Accurate Staff) 

Inventory:

Magic Accurate Staff+2
Defensive Accurate Staff +2
Wintersnap Leather Armor +1
Amulet of Protection +1
Dust of Disappearance
Elixir of Defense (lvl8)
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
Potion of Regeneration (heroic tier)
Adventurer's kit (just in case...)
No Flame Spiral, no win.
Dual Implement Spellcaster isn't worth it before mid paragon.
Well Spectral Claw will take out a big melee guy out of the fight for at least a turn. If no melee i guess it isnt nearly as good. But Flame spiral i need to get close into the fight. But hitting up to 3 creatures is nice. Ill think more about it. And what else do you reccomend over Dual Implement? I have +12 attack +13 damage. Seems pretty nice with what im actually aloud to get, would be better if i could grab the heroes stuff.
If Team Monster hasn't a movement enabler and with the right setup, Flame Spiral is at least a triple tap on 3 enemies. The more allies you got that can apply forced movement or the more ways you or your group find to apply forced movement on enemy's turns the number of taps increases by that number.
It's the undisputed signature spell of any optimized sorcerer.
If you can choose dragonmarks, i'd rather pick Mark of Storm and pick a lightning dagger, since it's forced movement, what makes zone abuse possible.
Flame spiral's aura is 1/turn now

Yes. Initial hit. Tap from moving adjacent via force movement. Starting their turn next to you. That is 3. Add one tap for every ally who has the ability to force move enemies. Even at one/turn on the auto-damage, it is a Gold spell.

Ye, turns.

The more allies you got that can apply forced movement or the more ways you or your group find to apply forced movement on enemy's turns the number of taps increases by that number.

Read: The more creatures are on the field, the more turns there are per round. Depending on group setup it should be easy to ensure that Flame Spiral will procc at least on every one of Team Player's turns (which isn't even necessary, in most enemies cases). If you have ways for forced movement on enemy's turns (not as easy to obtain as the former, but possible), you get even more proccs.