Wide BETA: Application validation did not succeed. Unable to continue

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi

After scouring the internet in search of a solution to this, alot of the forums state this is a clickonce manifest error.

Details of the error:

Show

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.296
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : mtgoclientdepot.onlinegaming.wizards.com...
Server : Apache
Application url : mtgoclientdepot.onlinegaming.wizards.com...
Server : Apache

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : MTGO.application, Version=3.4.73.293, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1ad988e60282d0d8, processorArchitecture=msil
Application Identity : MTGO.exe, Version=3.4.73.293, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1ad988e60282d0d8, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of mtgoclientdepot.onlinegaming.wizards.com... resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ File, DefaultArt.jpg, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [26-Apr-13 11:45:52 PM] : Activation of mtgoclientdepot.onlinegaming.wizards.com... has started.
* [26-Apr-13 11:45:57 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [26-Apr-13 11:45:57 PM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [26-Apr-13 11:45:58 PM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [26-Apr-13 11:46:03 PM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [26-Apr-13 11:46:03 PM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [26-Apr-13 11:54:40 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
- File, DefaultArt.jpg, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, Hash hash)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, HashCollection hashCollection)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.FileComponent.Verify()
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyComponents()
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

I have tried all the "Fixes" that were recommended with no success.
Even went as far as disabling firewalls and anti-virus software, still does not work.

There does not appear to be some kind of answer to this other than to regenrate the manifest using mageui and the like.

Have any other users experience the above instlalation error, and if you got it to work, could you give me the steps that you did to make it work?

FYI: Running Windows 7 and an updated .Net Framwork 4.0. The old client still work's fine which might mean my connection to the server is ok (though i could be mistaken, am playing a match while typing this)
2 day old thread, does nobody have a solution?
It seems DefaultArt.jpg got corrupted. I would try uninstalling the Wide Beta and deleting the folder it was installed to. The folder should be in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\. Then download it again here.
I have the exact same problem with the exact same report. The solution posted here dosn't work. 
Contacted customer support, they also are unable to help. Still got the error last night. Hoping the final software version does not have this problem.
Ye but tbecause of :"Starting after the downtime on Wednesday, June 12, the current client will be disabled and only players using the Wide Beta client will be able to log in to Magic Online. Players will have access to the current client starting at 10:00 AM PDT on Thursday, June 13." this we will not have fun playing Magic online until tomorow. 
..which is making my day off a pool of joy. Yell
oh well. 
same issue, guess they lose a customer where I'm concerned, they have posted nothing, replied with nothing to address this issue. This is customer service at its worst, this is how you eventually drive a company into the ground and lose your jobs is by failing to provide prompt solutions for your customers. Enjoy the unemployment line when it catches up with you forum mods, and tech support.
same issue, guess they lose a customer where I'm concerned, they have posted nothing, replied with nothing to address this issue. This is customer service at its worst, this is how you eventually drive a company into the ground and lose your jobs is by failing to provide prompt solutions for your customers. Enjoy the unemployment line when it catches up with you forum mods, and tech support.

This would be a valid way to fight them if they cared a bit about anything. Just the way their curent client looks in 2013 tells you volumes about how much they care for mtgo. 
I think I have figured this out. I had the same error since March (check my post in this forum) and have tried EVERYTHING I could find or think of to get the client to install. My internet connection at home is wireless hotspot off my cell phone. I have used this connection for about two and a half years.

On a whim I took my laptop to work today, plugged in the wired connection and.... BAM! it installed without a hitch. I didn't even reboot the thing... just plugged in the cord and off it went.

SOOOOO.... I highly suggest you attempt to install the client from a different (or wired) connection and it will rid you of the "+ File, DefaultArt.jpg, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest." problem.

Hope this is more help than Wizards Support has ever been...

I am going to start a thread with this information.
To anyone who might read this, there is a hotfix that is installed when you run the wide beta installation (installed tonight). Wide beta can install now, problem fixed.

Hi!  I am having a similar issue now and been stuck with it for days.  Whenever I try to install the new client I get a message "Application Validation did not succeed" after it downloads. 

ERROR DETAILS
 Following errors were detected during this operation.
 * [7/14/2014 8:59:05 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
  - File, DefaultArt.jpg, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.

I've tried every suggestion on this forum but I'm still unable to get past it.  Please help me out.

I am using Windows 7 x64bit.  Updated .NET framework.  I've disabled my Anti-virus and Firewall.  I do have the old client working fine until it was taken offline.

Thanks in advance.