Simic Fun

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just started MTGO and i needed a deck t start of with so i decided togo with a simic deck. Iam trying to make a simic deck competitive with out adding a third color as of yet b/c i cant aford it at the moment here is my simic deck please tell me what you think.

Creature (25)

• 2x [C]Deadbridge Goliath[/C]

• 3x [C]Elusive Krasis[/C]

• 4x [C]Experiment One[/C]

• 4x [C]Gyre Sage[/C]

• 4x [C]Strangleroot Geist[/C]

• 2x [C]Vorapede[/C]

• 3x [C]Young Wolf[/C]

• 3x [C]Zameck Guildmage[/c]

Land (23)

• 1x [C]Alchemist's Refuge[/C]

• 4x [C]Breeding Pool[/C]

• 11x [C]Forest[/C]

• 4x [C]Hinterland Harbor[/C]

• 3x [C]Island[/C]

Instant (10)

• 2x [C]Biomass Mutation[/c]

• 2x [C]Cyclonic Rift[/C]

• 4x [C]Rapid Hybridization[/C]

• 2x [C]Spell Rupture[/C]

Sorcery (2)

• 2x [C]Blessings of Nature[/C]

Simic Charm you need to run it it and Rapid Hybridization have awesome removal synergy
if you can get your hands on him, Master Biomancer. Thragtusk setting off your evolve creatures is nice too
cut the Blessings and add Increasing Savagery
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
ok what should i remove for charm,[C]master biomancer[/C], and [C]Thragtusk[/C] i will switch blessings for [C]Increasing Savagery[/C] my deck is more green focus so i was thinking of switching [C]Elusive Krasis[/C] for either [C]Wolfir Avenger[/C] witch i have 3 of or [C]Champion of Lambholt[/C] witch i have two of.
Keep the Krasis, you can dump the Increasing Savagery onto him. Honestly, you could lose the Biomass Mutation and maybe put it into your sideboard? There is two spots open, Simic Charm will fit nicely there. As for your creatures, you are correct that they are green heavy, Vorapede being would push him to a one of I think. I see what you are doing with the undying and Zameck, how well does that work for you, because if it does work well you can lose one guildmage. I love that you have Cyclonic Rift in here btw, since you run Breeding pool, any reason you don't have a Farseek or two?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
i probly made this deck worse i made a few changes this is what i have. i added [C]Ooze Flux[/C] to get rid of counters.

Creature (21)
2x [C]Deadbridge Goliath[/C]
4x [C]Experiment One[/C]
4x [C]Gyre Sage[/C]
4x [C]Strangleroot Geist[/C]
2x [C]Vorapede[/C]
3x [C]Young Wolf[/C]
2x [C]Zameck Guildmage[/C]
Land (23)
1x [C]Alchemist's Refuge[/C]
4x [C]Breeding Pool[/C]
11x [C]Forest[/C]
4x [C]Hinterland Harbor[/C]
3x [C]Island[/C]
Enchantment (2)
2x [C]Ooze Flux[/C]
Instant (10)
2x [C]Cyclonic Rift[/C]
4x [C]Rapid Hybridization[/C]
2x [C]Simic Charm[/C]
2x [C]Spell Rupture[/C]
Sorcery (4)
2x [C]Farseek[/C]
2x [C]Increasing Savagery[/C]
I hope that this runs well for you, I think it looks good so far. When you run it, let us know how it goes!
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
bump i feel that this deck is missing something most people tell me to add a third color but due to budget i cant afford it at the moment.
This seems like its trying to do to many things or have to many possible answers. Either way it is spread way to thin with that many 2 of's. What your missing is master biomancer he's what keeps you cookin with gas and makes evolve relevant especially with the release of renegade krasis in DGM. You wana break simic there the cards that will help you do it. What I would reccomend dumping to make room are:
-Farseek and increasing savagery. You're only Running 2 colors and most of it only requires 1 color, you shouldnt have too much trouble getting the number of lands/colors you need, especially with gyre sage. And if you want to put counters on things, spend 4 mana on a creature that will do it rather than a once shot spell.
- Ooze flux or Zamaeck guildmage. You really need to focus on wether or not you want to be more control or aggro, so you can dedicate slots to one source of counter removal. I would reccomend ooze flux as a 3-of as it is more resistant to removal and can let you recycle undying creatures as well as leeting your evolve creatures lose counters to get a creature, which in turn evolves everything else.
- Deadbridge Goliath. He's nice for 4 mana and scavenge is cool i guess but instead you could be playing an ooze flux or a master biomancer which would help a deck like this more than him by leaps and bounds. Or you could use one of him to add in a 3rd vorapede  which would be gravy.
+ simic charm and spell rupture. Those should really be 3 of's at least or maybe even a 4-of in the case of spell rupture. You have so many big creatures that unless you get hit with a board wipe it will be able to counter most things. And even then your undying will help survive that.

Those are my suggestions if you want to be more agressive with this deck which it appears is the idea based on your creatures. If you want more of a controlly build consider cards like Prime Speaker Zegana, Fathom Mage or keepin in zameck guildmage, and then focus on things like spell rupture more and add in some syncopate's. Also you might want to check out this thread community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758... if you haven'talready. hope that helps.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
If I add biomancer will it contradict with my undying creatures? Is there another draw engine i could use besides zameck?
Biomancer might bump with your undying creatures a bit mroe than you want to but that's where the beauty of teh ooze flux comes in or the guildmage. If you're looking for card draw engine here's what are the best card draw options are from top to bottom IMO:
Prime Speaker Zegana
Zameck Guildmage
Soul of the Harves
Triumph of Ferocity
Fathom Mage
Those are all great for card draw but some are better than others. with less focus on card draw you will be able to super evolve gyre sage wether it's a turn 2 play or a turn 6 play and dump her onto ooze flux to maximize your unding creatures as well as keep the evolve ball rolling (as a note ooze flux will remove counters from the undying creatures or yourr evolve cratures, and since it comes into play, biomance will give it extra token, which combined with the renegade krasis and all your other creatures you produce perposterous amounts of +1/+1 counters) hope that helps. 
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
i will add two biomancers as this is all i have at the moments. what should i remove
made changes this is what i have i also added a side deck

Creature (24)
4x [C]Cloudfin Raptor[/C]
2x [C]Deadbridge Goliath[/C]
4x [C]Gyre Sage[/C]
2x [C]Master Biomancer[/C]
4x [C]Strangleroot Geist[/C]
2x [C]Vorapede[/C]
1x [C]Wolfir Avenger[/C]
3x [C]Young Wolf[/C]
2x [C]Zameck Guildmage[/C]
Enchantment (2)
2x [C]Ooze Flux[/C]
Land (23)
1x [C]Alchemist's Refuge[/C]
4x [C}Breeding Pool[/C]
11x [C]Forest[/C]
4x [C]Hinterland Harbor[/C]
3x [C]Island[/C]
Instant (11)
2x [C]Cyclonic Rift[/C]
4x [C]Rapid Hybridization[/C]
3x [C]Simic Charm[/C]
2x [C]Spell Rupture[/C]
Sideboard (15)
2x [C]Clone[/C]
2x [C]Mystic Genesis[/C]
2x [C]Pithing Needle[/C]
3x [C]Scatter Arc[/C]
2x [C]Spell Rupture[/C]
2x [C]Syncopate[/C]
2x [C]Tormod's Crypt[/C]
Bump
You might want to look at the new Dragon's Maze cards, they look really fun, especially Plasm Capture
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
was thinking of adding [C]Renegade Krasis[/C]