What 4e race would be a stoner/Druggy?

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
im bulding a adventer for my gameing group and i want to add a npc. This npc i want to be an potion maker that is a complet stoner. So my question is whout would be the best race, my ideas would be human or drow, maybe halfling. Some ideas plz
I tend to use halflings for this. I'm actually preparing a D&D meets Cheech & Chong type scenario now, so it's funny I see this posted.

No amount of tips, tricks, or gimmicks will ever be better than simply talking directly to your fellow players to resolve your issues.
DMs: Don't Prep the Plot | Structure First, Story Last | Prep Tips | Spoilers Don't Spoil Anything | No Myth Roleplaying
Players: 11 Ways to Be a Better Roleplayer | You Are Not Your Character     Hilarious D&D Actual Play Podcast: Crit Juice!

FREE CONTENT: Encounters With Alternate Goals | Full-Contact Futbol  |  Pre-Gen D&D 5e PCs | Re-Imagining Phandelver | Three Pillars of Immersion | Seahorse Run

Follow me on Twitter: @is3rith

Gnome. Bonus points for going Alchemist as the theme and making his own 'special' concoctions. Class can pretty much be anything fitting.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
I would definitely go halfling or gnome.

I have a gnome illusionist named "Cane Happyleaf" that I'm probably going to pull out of the bag someday. 
My username should actually read: Lunar Savage (damn you WotC!) *Tips top hat, adjusts monocle, and walks away with cane* and yes, that IS Mr. Peanut laying unconscious on the curb. http://asylumjournals.tumblr.com/
I have a Halfling crafter, Tokaz Greenfield. He is a druid infusionist, who crafts pipes out of anything; bar stools, mugs of ale and even his friends battle axes into battle axe bongs.

Within; Without.

I'd go with a minotaur.

I'd go with a minotaur.

I think this guy wins...?

Within; Without.

Bullywug.

RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Don't bullywugs explode when they smoke?
you could make it work for any race really, you could have warforged intentionally loosening wires, bullywugs licking eachother, an elf could be a hippy obsessed with "nature's bounty"
im bulding a adventer for my gameing group and i want to add a npc. This npc i want to be an potion maker that is a complet stoner. So my question is whout would be the best race, my ideas would be human or drow, maybe halfling. Some ideas plz

Quite literally, any of them.  Races aren't clones; each member is an individual with their own personalities and quirks.
Yes, but for class, I would go druid.  A druid could literaly speak to the plants he's growing to make any psychotropic elements more potent.  Whether by asking what spevific nutrients they need, or by simply asking them to produce higher concentrations of those agents.

But as far as races, I would go with halflings mainly for the imagery evoked by the LotR movies that made hobbits kind of stoner-like.  Or gnomes.  Gnomes in 3.5e also get racial bonuses on Craft (alchemy) checks.
Or shaman - if you're seeing spirits, you're definitely high.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Do half orcs get an intelligence penalty? That might explain it...
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.
thxs all for the ideas i think i can have some fun with a gnome ^.^.
I can't believe no one suggested a shardmind.

I'd play him like the Rock Man from The Point. "Say, baby, ain't nothin' pointless about this gig."

[N]o difference is less easily overcome than the difference of opinion about semi-abstract questions. - L. Tolstoy

Yes, and his body is made entirely out of crystal meth.

No amount of tips, tricks, or gimmicks will ever be better than simply talking directly to your fellow players to resolve your issues.
DMs: Don't Prep the Plot | Structure First, Story Last | Prep Tips | Spoilers Don't Spoil Anything | No Myth Roleplaying
Players: 11 Ways to Be a Better Roleplayer | You Are Not Your Character     Hilarious D&D Actual Play Podcast: Crit Juice!

FREE CONTENT: Encounters With Alternate Goals | Full-Contact Futbol  |  Pre-Gen D&D 5e PCs | Re-Imagining Phandelver | Three Pillars of Immersion | Seahorse Run

Follow me on Twitter: @is3rith

I would like to sell you my "Moon Sugar Golem"...

Within; Without.

its not a race thing. id just describe a smell,  the speech patterns, and then introduce the character. looking stoned.

Troll king

Yes, and his body is made entirely out of crystal meth.

Doin dat shard
Myconid? Do they have myconids in 4e?. This guy IS a shroom. I'm not sure how much more stoner you could be... this creature literally IS a hallucinogenic mushroom!

Treant, lol.

Terrasque! This would explains the terrasque's ravenous appetite... he has the munchies.
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.
Myconid? Do they have myconids in 4e?. This guy IS a shroom. I'm not sure how much more stoner you could be... this creature literally IS a hallucinogenic mushroom!

Treant, lol.

Terrasque! This would explains the terrasque's ravenous appetite... he has the munchies.

There are myconids, but they aren't playable (someone made a playable one really early in 4e though, for free too).

The shroom or the bullywug who licks himself seems hilarious though.  

Hamadryad seems most appropriate.
Vryloka (or undead) seem most inappropriate... and thus a better choice ;)