So we have a new player joinging and my group is in desprate need of a healer. What are some decent or simple to play healers? And also, are there any good buffers/debuffers? sorry i have not really explored the classes aspect of dnd. Thanks for all

So we have a new player joinging and my group is in desprate need of a healer. What are some decent or simple to play healers? And also, are there any good buffers/debuffers? sorry i have not really explored the classes aspect of dnd. Thanks for all the help guys!
Cleric is your only option. The grognards have assured that to be the case.

Edit: I lied. An alternative option is a bag of holding filled with a king's ransom worth of healing potions. 
A druid would also work or a paladin as long as your more willing to take some more rests. Cleric might be the best opition(with the life giver god) but it is not the only opition.
There are no simple-to-play healers in the D&D Next playtest packet, at far as "simple" is defined as "simple compared to other classes". (Healer has never been a role that's been much represented amongst relatively simple classes.) There are some cleric options that are a hair simpler than others, but I wouldn't choose them over something that's a concept that the player is more interested in. The cleric isn't that complicated in the grand scheme of things, and it's a class that's reasonably conceptually flexible. The druid is a smidge more complex, but probably still managable. I'd just help the player put together a cleric with a concept they find interesting. That's the best that can be done at the moment.
Dwarves invented beer so they could toast to their axes. Dwarves invented axes to kill people and take their beer. Swanmay Syndrome: Despite the percentages given in the Monster Manual, in reality 100% of groups of swans contain a Swanmay, because otherwise the DM would not have put any swans in the game.
The Cleric is the defacto Healer so far for the playtest, though the Druid can work in a pinch. The Paladin who starts off with Healing Initiate feat can serve as a decent healer by preping Cure Wounds, having Lay on Hands, and minor cure at the ready.
yeah I'd say paladin with cure wounds, and lay on hands, set up would likely be the easiest to play.  They also get some decent buff spells like bless and shield of faith and prayer, but you will have to go over the concentration rules.  Though those are easy.  Also if you are higher than first level aura of protection is a nice buff as is aura of courage.  Also they will be able to tear it up in melee fairly well.
No simple healer at all. New players have to learn to include healing in their memorized spell management and devote actions to healing instead of casting fun stuff.

It's called a healing bot.
There are no simple healers.  The Cleric, Druid, and Paladin are all casters.  Choosing the right set of feats can let any character heal, a little, though.  

You might try to get by on HD. Be sure you have healer's kits. 

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Npc the healer. Let the player play what they want.

Yes the heros cannot be inspired to fight on inspite of these awesome must be physical injuries (which never impair you)

So take your magic pill its more DnD that way. 
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

No simple healer at all. New players have to learn to include healing in their memorized spell management and devote actions to healing instead of casting fun stuff.

except healing doesn't cost your entire action.
If you assume, that there does not need to be healing during combat, the game works a lot smoother. HP are going down eventually. If potions and spells would not increase hp immediately, but need a few rounds to work, everything would be better.

A wound track would also help. Whenever you are hit for a certain treshold, you get a wound. Each wound cannot be healed by martial means... but whatever... right now, assume healing kits and feats after combat, and potions are really emergency things. Let everyone play what they like.

except healing doesn't cost your entire action.

Is there something fun we can do with this action if you like being a spellcaster ?

Edit: I lied. An alternative option is a bag of holding filled with a king's ransom worth of healing potions. 

Except in a "grognard" game there is no need for any healer in the group. Everyone just plays with whatever character they want to play.
Healing is just an optional resource for the party like any other.

It's the "warcraft-nard's" game that imposes the need for healers, tankers, supporters and whatever other defined "MMO role". Or else the game just cannot function, isn't that right?

"Npc the healer. Let the player play what they want."

This. Never conflate "The party needs a healer." (arguably true) with "Someone has to play a healer."
I would also say that Paladin would be the easiest healer to play, and provides a newer player a class that requires less time to prepare spells. Made right, you can basically make your Paladin a "Hospitaler", a heavily armored healer who can hold up in a fight like a fighter but also provide people some good healing while you're doing it.

But I'll be honest: You don't 'need' a healer. Using Hit Dice as a post battle healing mechanism is perfectly fine, and not having a 'heal-bot' (which in this case just means a person who mostly focuses on healing, not someone who has to focus ALL actions on healing, thanks to swift action spells) isn't going to kill your party. Let them play what they want, they'll be fine. 
Except in a "grognard" game there is no need for any healer in the group. Everyone just plays with whatever character they want to play.
Healing is just an optional resource for the party like any other.

It's the "warcraft-nard's" game that imposes the need for healers, tankers, supporters and whatever other defined "MMO role". Or else the game just cannot function, isn't that right? 

That's not true in the least.

Magic (clerics) are very much needed in early editions.  Otherwise your stuck at piddling 1HP-3HP per day.  So it's weeks of bed rest, or 1 days with a cleric (2 if he already spent his spells).  Clerics speed up healing by a good 10x.

4e had alot of self healing and everyone recharged fully in 1 night, but a clerics could still roughly double your daily HP.

My hope for 5e, is that all healing is much more limited.  IMO, if a cleric uses all his healing spells on himself, he should end up with about as much daily HP as the barbarian.  So like heal for 1d4/day/level.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

There were several things which combined to make "A Cleric In Every Party" a long time motto.

• Excessively fragile characters (check)

• healing that worked too well.. from down to fully healed with a cure light wounds.. wow did I get taken out of the fight with a light wound? (looks like this is in again).

• Plus assumed amounts of hit point burning things in all sample adventure products.

• Excessively slow recovery that isnt magic.

Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

Magic (clerics) are very much needed in early editions.

No they're not.
Been playing "early" editions for decades and I've had many many groups where no one had any healing spell/ability. Never been the slightest problem at all.

Even 3ed, which I also played a lot, and was an edition who seemed to emphasize heavy magic usage much more, can very well be played with no healing, and/or no spellcasting-class at all.
Been there, done that. Several times.
Again, not the slightest problem. Game runs smooth and is just as entertaining as any other party configuration.

The only real mess appears when you make healing strong, and balance the entire game so that healing is assumed all the time, and becomes a necessity for a party. Then your game is screwed because either you'll have grave problems for not having a healer player, or you'll have to force someone to play a healer-robot the entire time (and about 1 in every 1000000000 players like to be that in a tabletop RPG).
MY first 3e game had no healer. We had to spend weeks healing up after every fight.

It. Was. The. Worst.
We've playtested with and without a cleric (or any healery type) and it works just fine. Are you blazing into every battle with full HP? Nope. Is that ok? Yep.

In fact, it has made the game better IMO. Players are still heroic, but they're not stupid. Even heroes need to understand risks and sometimes it's smarter to try to outthink your enemies, or to use traps and subterfuge to weaken/damage them before it comes to blows. It turns 5E into a much more dynamic game where combat is only one part, rather than the assumed method of conflict resolution.

In summation, let the players play what they want and make sure the DM understand how this impacts the way the game should play out. If nobody wants to play a healer, it likely means they dont' want to play a game where healing is important.
We've playtested with and without a cleric (or any healery type) and it works just fine. Are you blazing into every battle with full HP? Nope. Is that ok? Yep.

In fact, it has made the game better IMO. Players are still heroic, but they're not stupid. Even heroes need to understand risks and sometimes it's smarter to try to outthink your enemies, or to use traps and subterfuge to weaken/damage them before it comes to blows. It turns 5E into a much more dynamic game where combat is only one part, rather than the assumed method of conflict resolution.

In summation, let the players play what they want and make sure the DM understand how this impacts the way the game should play out. If nobody wants to play a healer, it likely means they dont' want to play a game where healing is important.

Yep, this. ESPECIALLY don't be afraid to not have full health before a fight begins. Being not at your absolute best also helps with the drama of a situation. The best games are the ones where you actually have that twinge of fear that you might lose, right?
Might as well give experience for gold and change the games motto back to.
Greed is Good .... Fighting evil is stupid.

I too vote "no healer", or just "Let him play whatever he wants."

Hell, it's a playtest.  It might not sound glamorous to be a guinea pig, but if your experience sans healer is terrible (or fantastic), that's actually valuable feedback.
Feedback Disclaimer
Yes, I am expressing my opinions (even complaints - le gasp!) about the current iteration of the play-test that we actually have in front of us. No, I'm not going to wait for you to tell me when it's okay to start expressing my concerns (unless you are WotC). (And no, my comments on this forum are not of the same tone or quality as my actual survey feedback.)
A Psion for Next (Playable Draft) A Barbarian for Next (Brainstorming Still)

Because "if it moves, kill it" is a much better motto. Yep. Sure is. Makes a great game it does.

I too vote "no healer", or just "Let him play whatever he wants."

Hell, it's a playtest.  It might not sound glamorous to be a guinea pig, but if your experience sans healer is terrible (or fantastic), that's actually valuable feedback.

+1

The designers need to see how difficult it is to play ina  game with no healer. If they expect 3-5 encounters per day (at 3-5 rounds each) the games math needs to support that. If it doesn't, that feedback will help them change how the game works.

Also, tell him to put only a 10 in Con.

But I'll be honest: You don't 'need' a healer. Using Hit Dice as a post battle healing mechanism is perfectly fine, and not having a 'heal-bot' (which in this case just means a person who mostly focuses on healing, not someone who has to focus ALL actions on healing, thanks to swift action spells) isn't going to kill your party. Let them play what they want, they'll be fine. 

If there isn't some sort of mechanic to limit or heal damage that needs to be utilized then combat becomes a very one-dimensional race to see if you do damage fast enough to kill the enemy before they kill you.

Since the DM doesn't want to kill the party off in some random fight they need to pad things to account for the randomness of the die rolls which results in most fights being won fairly handily.  Without a damage mitigation/recovery mechanic, the necessary padding results in no one even being threatened by unconsciousness, let alone death.

The possibility of characters dying is really what makes combat go from a fairly tedious mechanical process to an interesting challenge.  As the only consequence of damage is unconsciousness, and as the DM can't push characters to that point without healing in the party, a fight without healing becomes either one with no sense of danger, or one in which the party has a high chance of dying in due to a few bad die rolls.

Having a healer (NPC is fine) or being free with potions is highly recommended in the current incarnation of the rules, otherwise fights will tend to be either too boring or too dangerous.  If you really don't want to go with a healer then you might want to introduce house rules that add degrees of danger to the fight beyond unconsciousness such as movement and to-hit penalties at "bloodied" 50% and "half-bloodied" 25% HP.

@mikemearls don't quite understand the difference

I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down. - Eric Cartman

Enough chitchat!  Time is candy! - Pinky Pie

Magic (clerics) are very much needed in early editions.

No they're not.
Been playing "early" editions for decades and I've had many many groups where no one had any healing spell/ability. Never been the slightest problem at all.

Even 3ed, which I also played a lot, and was an edition who seemed to emphasize heavy magic usage much more, can very well be played with no healing, and/or no spellcasting-class at all.
Been there, done that. Several times.
Again, not the slightest problem. Game runs smooth and is just as entertaining as any other party configuration.

I've run an all striker 4e game.  Fast and deadly, the way 5e is now, so no problem.
I've run an all controller 4e game.  No problem, and probably my favorite.
I've run an all defender 4e game.  Minimal problems.  There was a bit of fighting over who got to mark.
I've run an all leader 4e game.  Extreamly slow, but otherwise no problem.

If you ran a 2e or 3e game without a healer, then how did you heal?

The only real mess appears when you make healing strong, and balance the entire game so that healing is assumed all the time, and becomes a necessity for a party. Then your game is screwed because either you'll have grave problems for not having a healer player, or you'll have to force someone to play a healer-robot the entire time (and about 1 in every 1000000000 players like to be that in a tabletop RPG).

Like it was in 2e and 3e?  You get 1 HP normally, and 1d8+1 with a level 1 cleric (not counting any wisdom bonus spells, or domain spells)

That's 500% more healing.  Minimum.  And it scales very quickly.
Compaired to say... 200% in 4e.  Max.

Though i agree that it is still too high.  It should be closer to say... 25% IMO.

guides
Power
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Use the NPC rules to higher one.

Those editions sort of assumed you were actively playing an RPG and would make sensible choices, so didn't need everything handed to you and all your options lit with flashing neon signs.

"We're going into a dungeon, we'll encounter danger, we should get some healing" rather than "we're going into a dungeon, the DM will make sure encounters won't kill us, lets go!"

I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down. - Eric Cartman

Use the NPC rules to higher one.

That's not without a cleric"  That's just "no one want's to play the cleric".

If i was going that route, i might as well hire a full adventuring party and send them in while i waited at the tavern.

guides
Power
my builds

If i was going that route, i might as well hire a full adventuring party and send them in while i waited at the tavern.

There are better rule systems for that sort of play.

There are better rule systems for that sort of play.

Sure.

And there are better rules then forcing a group to have a cleric (NPC or otherwise).

guides
Power
my builds

As the DM it is not my place to force a player to play a healer. That is up to the party to figure out. I will provide options and advice but play what u want.
As the DM it is not my place to force a player to play a healer. That is up to the party to figure out. I will provide options and advice but play what u want.

Same here. You can play D&D fine without a healer. In any edition. As a DM, it's my job to challenge the party, regardless of makeup. If you have 10 healers, I'll have to design the campaign properly to challenge (assuming you want a challenge). Likewise, if you have no healers, I'll have to design the campaign accordingly (assuming you also want a challenge). I'm not sure why anyone would do it any other way. If you create your world without regard for the party makeup, you'll potentially have lots of problems.   Like if you design a LVL 20 world with LVL 1 Heroes.  I like a goldilocks world where some challenges are easy, some are hard and some are just right. And all 3 of those depend on party makeup.

And there are better rules then forcing a group to have a cleric (NPC or otherwise).

Only if you like boring one-dimensional combat.

Only if you like boring one-dimensional combat.

This is entirely false. You do not need to have in combat healing to make combat interesting. Also, I do noth think you understand how 5e works if you even make this statement.

In 5e HP is a daily resource to be attritioned down over the course of many fights. This means an individual fight should have no chance of causing a TPK if balanced correctly. With an expected 4 combats per day, and with HD healing ~ equal to total HP, a typical fight should cause 200%/4 = 50% max HP damage. In such a scenario in combat healing is not needed at all as the PCs are only expected to lose 50% of their max HP per fight. The only time healing would be needed in combat is if PCs are expected to lose 100% max HP per fight. By the very design goals of 5e for HP as a daily resource this will only happen rarely (usually the last few rounds of combat for the day).

In fact 5e combats are less dynamic because in theory a healer isn't needed at all in combat and all wounds can be healed up after combat. In fact, compare inflict wounds to cure wounds and you will see that inflict does 2x as much damage as cure wounds heals. A much better strategy than healing in combat is to kill the enemy faster (which reduces damage taken by significantly more than you would cure).

The issue is that balance is completely out of whack so the stated goal of HP as a daily resource and 15 rounds of combat per day cannot be achieved unless you have a healing battery available to your party. Without healing the typical party can maybe get through 7 or 7 of those expected 15 rounds of daily combat.
You might have noticed, Fapopolis - healing is a contentious issue around here. Laughing

Unlike certain other games, you don't need a healer in D&D Next. Your party will slaughter just as many monsters per day with a healer as they would with anyone else. (In theory, at least. It's still a playtest.) If your player wants to play a healer, even though they don't have to, there are several ways to do it.

Best: Class options are cleric, paladin, and druid. The cleric healer hits stuff with a weapon while healing, the paladin does the same but with less healing and more hitting, and the druid turns into a bear.

Good: For other classes, there's the Healing Initiate feat for useful healing cantrip, the Herbalism feat to get a discount on healing potions, the Magical Rejuvenation feat for a once-per-day healing spell, and the Restore Life feat for emergency resurrections. All good ways to say, this character is not a doctor, but knows first aid.

Average: The character can carry a healer's kit. Actually, everyone carries a healer's kit, since it's part of the adventurer's kit listed in the recommended equipment for every class except the barbarian.

Bad: If for some reason your "healer" isn't a healing class, didn't take a healing feat, ididn't buy a $5 healing kit, and threw away the adventurer's kit that everyone except barbarians start with, there's also the Administer First Aid skill. Yes, it actually takes a deliberate effort to not be a healer before Administer First Aid becomes useful.

Because "if it moves, kill it" is a much better motto. Yep. Sure is. Makes a great game it does.

But that is why they put god stats in the Demigods and Deities book right?

You might have noticed, Fapopolis - healing is a contentious issue around here. 

Unlike certain other games, you don't need a healer in D&D Next. Your party will slaughter just as many monsters per day with a healer as they would with anyone else. (In theory, at least. It's still a playtest.)

Its a nice goal - but I am unconvinced the math at all pans out or will ... I will need to see the duelling statitician posts about it.

@FFSAA: Huh, if the typical fight isn't designed to drop you from 100% to 0%, why would healers be needed in combat. Healers would only be needed after combat. Combine that with the fact that the cleric is more useful to the group by casting inflict wounds in combat instead of cure wounds.

I mean sure if the game was designed around encounter based HP like 4e where each fight had a significant chance to drop you from 100% - 0% in combat healing would make fights more dynamic, but right now all healing can simply be done after the fight. Healing isn't necessary as long as the designers stick to their goal of daily HP.

I don't really agree with their premise at all and I would prefer a return to a encounter based HP model because the fights are more dynamic, but right now that isn't the goal of 5e.
  Likewise, if you have no healers, I'll have to design the campaign accordingly (assuming you also want a challenge). I'm not sure why anyone would do it any other way. 

Premade adventures... most folk rely on them as inspiration (which is really sad but its a reason) and guidelines like the ones the 4e dmgs actually had with regards to party composition and which I dont recall the likes of in 1e, although he did talk about the role of the fighter in defending his less robust allies and similar elements.