- I'd suggest: If a target takes their action to save - roll w/o disadvantage.
Wand of Magic Missile - for a wizard or cleric arcanist who knows the spell, it does too much damage - Magic Missile spell cast 3 times, with 3 missiles per cast = 9 missiles, i did 38 damage the first time I used it.
- I'd suggest: Casts magic missile a number of times equal to -1 the highest spell level level you know; IE: 4th level character - 1 cast of magic missile, 3 missiles, costs 3 charge to use.
Flaming Sphere - the aoe effect is mitigated by the lack of consequence for moving around it. Enemies just sideline it. The sphere requires two player characters to pin down the enemy before the aoe would be effective in most situations.
- I'd suggest: The AOE effect triggers if a target takes an action from a square adjacent, or ends their turn adjacent.
Second, the sphere's movement needs a broader/simpler description. The DM ruled the sphere lost movement over rubble (difficult terrian), yet it can hurdle 15 ft up or span a 30 ft chasm.
- I'd suggest: The sphere floats and can move 30 ft, ignoring physcial obstacles.
- or: The sphere rolls 30 ft, ignoring physcial obstacles, can hurdle 15 ft up or span a 30 ft chasm.
- or: The sphere floats and can move 30 ft, ignoring physical obstacles, and must end its movement on a solid horizontal surface.
- or: The sphere floats and can move 30 ft, ignoring physical obstacles, and must end its movement on a solid horizontal surface or in a liquid.