Curiosity - Modern Masters

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
As the title implies, I really can't wait for MM to come out. I'm just wondering if we'll get spoilers the week DGM/week after DGM comes out.

For any1 that knows, ty!
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Well, it comes out June 7th. Spoilers usually start 3-4 weeks before a set drops. I would guess we'll start getting spoilers for MMS once Dragon's Maze settles in. Probably after the first week of May. Hopefully sooner, but we'll see. We'll also start getting more M14 previews around then because of DotP2014.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
I thought your title implied that Curiosity was... ah, never mind.

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

Since it's technically just a reprint set I could see a short spoiler season, maybe just the last 2 weeks of may so they can avoid stepping on dgm's toes as much as possible.
Since it's not "for the masses," they might handle spoilers differently.  They may want to keep the hype up among the pros and away from casual players.
Since it's not "for the masses," they might handle spoilers differently.  They may want to keep the hype up among the pros and away from casual players.

Its for the masses, just not for people who are starting and only have an idea of standard.   Though from the sound of what the print run is and what stores are going to do because of it, it certainly will not be for the masses but a commander's arsenal that is also given out in mass to the top pros.  So they get to further seperate themselves from the rest.
Most stores dont have modern tournaments still. So it is not for the masses.
I mainly made this topic because if all goes as (I) planned, we'll have 3 months straight of spoilers, because M14 comes out in July.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Most stores dont have modern tournaments still. So it is not for the masses.

So you are saying you can't play this on the side or at home?  Also this product can't get you interested in it and thus ask your store to host some or find a store that does have them?

What I see the point of this product is to get people interested in modern and expand it more so they can move away from legacy and vintage and let them die off sooner.  So it would be for the masses, they just want the masses to be informed that this is not for your standard deck.
Mark Rosewater said Modern Masters previews start sometime in May...

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

May is in like 5 days. ;)

~ Tim   

I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)

May is in like 5 days. ;)

~ Tim   

I have a feeling it will be more at the end of the 31 days rather than the start of them. 
Probably toward the beginning, maybe in the middle. It won't be at the end of May; otherwise we'd have less than a week of spoilers.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin