Intensity in Ten Cities: Ravnica

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Well, since I've 86'ed my other last deck idea it's time to setup a gameplan. I should say that first and foremost I like the idea of dual-colored commanders. It makes accruing cards a little easier on the wallet, and it seems to have a bit more focus on deckbuilding. I currently have 4 foil shocklands.(Breeding Pool, Overgrown Tomb, Temple Garden, and Godless Shrine) I should be getting a foil Stomping Ground this friday. So ideally the gameplan would've been to make 1 commander from each guild combination. However, I will not be taking apart my Karador, Ghost Chieftain deck as it's currently my favorite deck to play.  If you haven't had the opportunity to try him out yet, he's the very definition of rattlesnake. So with that little caveat I decided why not use one of the guild champions for my next build, but which one(s) are my favorite.

Exava, Rakdos Blood Witch- Easily my favorite legend, but she seems a lot better in 60 card builds. Maybe she could be used in some sort of weenie build. She's still cooking.

Melek, Izzet Paragon- Oracle of Mul Daya for instants and sorceries? Two words: Boo Yah? Seems really cool, but I'm not ready to wear that hat yet.

Tajic, Blade of the Legion seems like it could be really serious in a commander weenie build. Pick out a few of the other stronger Battalion cards and some good evasion. As much as I would like to make another weenie deck I'm just not ready for it.

Varolz, the Scar Striped-I'm not sure if Wizards has a habit of making super good Golgari legends or what but I'm fairly certain that they're all playable. Regardless, he may end up in my Karador deck at some point so I'm not commiting to it, not to mention Overgrown Tomb is already spoken for.

Ruric Thar, the Unbowed-This guy is a house, but he still has some downside. Attacking every turn is a bit scary, I may have to just walk into a situation I don't want to, and they can just hold their spell until then. Still I think that's what I'm going to go for, especially given that I should be getting that Stomping Ground this week.

So let's get this started; What does Ruric want to do?
Well he wants to smash face and cleave his opposition in twain. (Axe hand and all)

How should we go about accomplishing that?
I'd say we should play alot of strong threats. Ruric Thar is definitely going to do some damage on his own, but we may need other ways to take it home.

So should I play any non-creature spells?
The fun part is, you actually don't have to. Nearly all of the abilities you would want on spells are also available on creatures. But for my own enjoyment I'm going to have at least a few.

Smashing Face: Check!
Strong Threats: Check!
Utility Creatures: Check!

Ruric Thar, the Unbowed

Sakura-Tribe Elder
Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
Fauna Shaman
Viridian Zealot
Wood Elves
Yavimaya Elder
Viashino Heretic
Eternal Witness
Burning-Tree Shaman
Oracle of Mul Daya
Acidic Slime
Seedborn Muse
Kiki-Jiki Mirror Breaker
Urabrask the Hidden

To be continued...

My brother actually wanted me to make him one fo these decks earlier so here is my list:

Side note: it is a bit budget as it is for my 10 year old brother 
Sign In to post comments