The Portal Game. Using Magic circles as portals and rules to do so.....

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I Have tested this out few times and it really makes for a fun variation of the D.C. try it out and give me some feed back.

Portals Rules:
1. magic circles are portals also,
2. you can move from one portal to any other portals, except start zone portals to start zone portals.  this stops start zone camping
3. To move thourgh a portal cost 3 movement,  1 to activate the portal, 2 to walk thourgh it and 3 to land on the other side. Any less, than it would be to OP
4. Large base creatures have fit entirely in to a portal to enter and land on the other side. If some one is blocking it on the other side can't go there. that simple
5. Once you leave a portal you cannot use the same portal again. you would have to make it to another portal. except for start zone portals, in this case you would have to go back to the start area to reactive the start zone portal.
6. When adjacent to an enemy you cannot move thourgh a portal because your movement is 1.

what you would need for a two player game, 4 tiles with Magic circles, 4 half tiles to make a board.     2 hero half tiles with Magic Circles and two start zone half tiles to make the starting area.

Your start zones is separate from the battle area but can be invaded but beware! It is harder to leave because you have to get to there start zone and back to the portal and escape.

I have done a four player portal game too. would love to see other peoples portal tile set ups..
That sounds like a really cool idea.  I'll give it a try once I get a better handle on the basic game.
Sounds a very interesting variant. I'm not too sure about some of the rule details, but I guess they're the result from playtesting. I suppose I'll give it a try as written and then apply some changes myself to see if it works better or worse.

Some changes I'd like to test:
2. You cannot teleport to a start area portal at all. They're one-way.
3. Moving through a portal cost only 1 move but always ends movement. I.e. after arriving at your target magic circle your remaining movement points are zero.
5. You cannot use portals on consecutive turns and no more than one portal per turn.

I see a lot of potential for this variant, particularly on large maps. Thanks for posting!
I Have tested this out few times and it really makes for a fun variation of the D.C. try it out and give me some feed back.

Portals Rules:
1. magic circles are portals also,
2. you can move from one portal to any other portals, except start zone portals to start zone portals.  this stops start zone camping
3. To move thourgh a portal cost 3 movement,  1 to activate the portal, 2 to walk thourgh it and 3 to land on the other side. Any less, than it would be to OP
4. Large base creatures have fit entirely in to a portal to enter and land on the other side. If some one is blocking it on the other side can't go there. that simple
5. Once you leave a portal you cannot use the same portal again. you would have to make it to another portal. except for start zone portals, in this case you would have to go back to the start area to reactive the start zone portal.
6. When adjacent to an enemy you cannot move thourgh a portal because your movement is 1.

what you would need for a two player game, 4 tiles with Magic circles, 4 half tiles to make a board.     2 hero half tiles with Magic Circles and two start zone half tiles to make the starting area.

Your start zones is separate from the battle area but can be invaded but beware! It is harder to leave because you have to get to there start zone and back to the portal and escape.

I have done a four player portal game too. would love to see other peoples portal tile set ups..

Nice Idea!!!

Sign In to post comments