Dyslexic Druidcraft

I'm running through the playtest packet working on a personal project and as I'm going over the Classes, It looks to me like the people writing the Druid class had a huge bout of Dyslexia... Am I just going crazy and missing the train of thought that's going on, or did they mix some things in and blend the Druid section... The Circles are in the middle of shapeshifting options instead of the options being in a separate section...

Just thought this should be posted for WOTC to know, or for others to tell me i'm crazy.
You are crazy. Dyslexia is a condition that hinders people in spelling, not design layouts or copy paste errors.
You are crazy. Dyslexia is a condition that hinders people in spelling, not design layouts or copy paste errors.

Dyslexia is specific to information processing, which impacts reading and spelling, yet is far more broad.

Things like design layouts are considered and addressed in ADA-compliant materials intended for use by dyslexics.

Danny

It's likely that they just didn't want the Animal Forms for the Order of the Moon to get mixed up with the standard Animal Forms; or even more likely that Order of the Moon was originally a seperate document that got pasted into Druid, as is, for the playtest release.

Dyslexia is specific to information processing, which impacts reading and spelling, yet is far more broad.

Things like design layouts are considered and addressed in ADA-compliant materials intended for use by dyslexics.

Is it your claim, like the OP that dyslexia caused the design layout of the druid? Do you think it was;
a) dyslexic people are all stupid so cant design propperly (like the OP)
or b) that the druid layout is aiming to br ADA-complient
or c) OP is an offensive troll (my view)
Menkis : Breathe deeply and read again!

Summation :
1) Regular animal forms that any druid can wild shape into, depending on level.
2) Description of 2 seperate druidic circles
2a) Circle of the Oak - Focuses on magic use and greatly enhances druidic spellcasting
2b) Circle of the Moon - Focuses on enhancing the available wild shape forms, giving access to other forms than the ones described in 1.

So please, remain calm, READ THE FRIGGIN' MANUAL and take a number.
Menkis : Breathe deeply and read again! Summation : 1) Regular animal forms that any druid can wild shape into, depending on level. 2) Description of 2 seperate druidic circles 2a) Circle of the Oak - Focuses on magic use and greatly enhances druidic spellcasting 2b) Circle of the Moon - Focuses on enhancing the available wild shape forms, giving access to other forms than the ones described in 1. So please, remain calm, READ THE FRIGGIN' MANUAL and take a number.

More specifically, the list of class features goes;
1) Default Spellcasting
2) Default Wild Shapes 
3) Druidic Circles
3a) Circle that focuses on Spellcasting
3b) Circle that focuses on Wild Shapes 

So no, it's written in exactly the order that makes the most sense. 
Ravenmancer :

If you take a gander at other classes, say the Cleric.

1. Default Spellcasting
2. Channel Divine with all possible channel uses
3. Deity :
3a. Deity #1 --> 3h. Deity #8

4. Abilities beyond lvl 1

And that is exactly how they did it with the druid aswell!

the all-inclusive class features, then the branching out depending on speciality (deity, druid circle, rogue scheme, ranger favored enemy, paladin "alignment"/type, monk monastic tradition, wizard tradition)..

I would think that listing ALL possible combinations of wildshapes and then telling the non-Circle of Moon druid : "Sry, you can only use these few" is more of a downer and gives room for more confusion.

Is it your claim, like the OP that dyslexia caused the design layout of the druid? Do you think it was;
a) dyslexic people are all stupid so cant design propperly (like the OP)
or b) that the druid layout is aiming to br ADA-complient
or c) OP is an offensive troll (my view)

I'm not attempting to troll, some attempted (and apparently failed) humor.

Menkis : Breathe deeply and read again! Summation : 1) Regular animal forms that any druid can wild shape into, depending on level. 2) Description of 2 seperate druidic circles 2a) Circle of the Oak - Focuses on magic use and greatly enhances druidic spellcasting 2b) Circle of the Moon - Focuses on enhancing the available wild shape forms, giving access to other forms than the ones described in 1. So please, remain calm, READ THE FRIGGIN' MANUAL and take a number.

But the Druid chart disagrees - The way it appears to be laid out makes it appear that shape of the Gargantuan is limited to the Cirlcle that precedes it, but if you look at the table it states that druids get it at level 1...

I'll go back over it again later, all i wanted was clarification. 

It CAN also cause issues with Syntax and trains of thought. I've worked with people who have mixed entire sentences - not just letters.

It CAN also cause issues with Syntax and trains of thought. I've worked with people who have mixed entire sentences - not just letters.

My better half is functionally illiterate due to dyslexia.

You can give him a phone number; as he's repeating it back to you, he's writing down completely different digits; as he's writing down the digits, he's recognizing that they aren't matching the words coming out of his mouth -- it's kind of enthralling to see in action.

Every time we play a game with guests that includes runs of numbers for books, straights, etc. (e.g. Rummikub), it never fails that someone says "what are you, dyslexic?" whenever he shows his hand or lays down his tiles (which are always complete, but never ordered sequentiallly).

Oddest thing is that he's lightning quick with math in his head.

Our friends find it endlessly amusing that one of us is a librarian and the other one can't read.

Danny

Wrost thraed hijakcing evre.

On topic: I've had to re-read much of the packet, in some cases repeatedly, before the rules sink in.  Sometimes the ordering does seem strange.  Like they are so focused on clustering "similar" topics that they end up separating complementary sub-topics.  Or sump'in.
"Therefore, you are the crapper, I'm merely the vessel through which you crap." -- akaddk
Elfcrusher : I've also done this. I think it's because some of the rules are very similar, but not quite - yet the brain thinks : Oh, that's the same, we'll just skim over that part quickly..
Elfcrusher : I've also done this. I think it's because some of the rules are very similar, but not quite - yet the brain thinks : Oh, that's the same, we'll just skim over that part quickly..

If you meant 'same as they were in older versions' then yeah.  I had to read "hit dice" a bunch of times before it sunk it, for example.

"Therefore, you are the crapper, I'm merely the vessel through which you crap." -- akaddk
Sign In to post comments