Charge / Spring Attack Synergy

I've got a player who wants to Charge with his Pike then Spring back to set up Warding Polearm.  I'm inclined to allow it as long as there is Charge movement (action movement) remaining (ie Charge 20', Attack, Spring 10') and then no more movement even if there is normal movement remaining (because of the Charge limitation).  But I wanted to know what WotC thinks about it.  It wasn't the reason for choosing the feats, just something that has come up.
Technically, that wouldn't work. Charge and Spring Attack are both used as an action in themselves, rather than adding to another action, so you can't combine them.
Charge "you can not move any farther that turn" (off topic shouldnt that be further?). So even if he somehow was able to do 2actions per turn it still woulnt work.
Thanks Xaspian.   My first thougt was to disallow it, but after thinking about it, it didn't seem a rules abuse since he can do it with regular move; and even though charge specifically says you can't move for the rest of the turn, spring attack specifically says you can.  But, your right about each stating that they are each actions in and of themselves.  I didn't catch that when I read over them earlier.

Charge "you can not move any farther that turn" (off topic shouldnt that be further?). So even if he somehow was able to do 2actions per turn it still woulnt work.

Farther is correct.  You can be nearer or farther from a goal, and you can further a goal, but you cannot be 'further away' from that goal.
thanks English as second language here