Best class/race for tiny creature going inside robot

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm quite new to D&D, but have some experience with RPG's.
I want to make a new character that is some small weak creature that lives inside a robot/golem/warforged of his own making. I imagine him being an artificer, but maybe some other class would work too.

What would be the best way to fit this in d&d rules?
Any race could be flavored to be the suit, so the intent of the robot is more important than what race it is I would think. Is the robot suppose to be a physical battler, or a magical construct that is more capable and harnessing magic than the pilot itself is? Answering such questions will open up the doors to ideas. a small creature piloting a human robot that is meant to cast magic may play a human wizard, while a draconic robot that fights with sword and elemental chemicals might play a Dragonborn Fighter. Either one works, but only if the combination can be flavored to meet your story expectations.

Happy Gaming
Play a Warforged.  Reflavour the Warforged as a gnome or pixie in a robot suit.  Profit.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Thanks for the replies.
I was thinking of making the robot/warforged a fighter type, but was thinking since the creature inside is an artificer he would be having his own skills as well, especially out of combat.
How would that work?
Multiclassing or hybriding likely, but there's no need to show off the abilities of the pilot beyond the robot suit really. Some ideas work better as pure flavor than trying to tack any mechanical sense to them.
Indeed - doing this as refluffing is fine.  Trying to make it into two distinct characters both under your control, is less so.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.