[DGM-ICD] Weapon Surge

22 posts / 0 new
Last post

5u9o70q417_EN.jpg
Weapon Surge :R:
Instant | Common
Target creature you control gets +1/+0 and gains first strike until end of turn.
Overload :R:
And Niv-Mizzet looked upon Kindled Fury and said, "Let it be playable". And so it was.

Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Hehehehe... I love it! Feels very friendly for creature decks too. This belong to you Krenko, Mob Boss
This is a common surprise ender/wipe.  
Beats Dynacharge, in my opinion. And I did have 2 of those in my RDW for a little while.
Ooh, a new cheap overload for my UR deck? I like!

As a common plus only costing 1 colored mana even to overload, this is going to mess up combat for a ton of people in limited.
My UR Deck will love this!

...this and the new flying p/t switching weird ...
Might have to try a copy in my gruul super aggro deck.
Great card.
With the flier that switches power and toughness. Wait till the block and cast this. ot a bad play. Not as cobat tricky but if you over load it you can get that flier to a 6/1 and the cyclops to like a 5/4 both firstriking. Not bad.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Scary stuff. BRW token deck with this and rally the peasants?
For a 5-mana combat trick?  That's what [C]Vault of the Archangel[/C] is for. 

I get what you're saying though.  The card has some potential in aggro decks but usually your tokens aren't strong enough for first strike to really matter.  This makes the combat phase a crapshoot for your opponent and you can vastly effect the board for 2 mana.  It probably has some synergy with an Izzet deck too.  [C]Guttersnipe[/C] now blocks and kills a creature AND hits you in the face.  The cyclops and the Fluxcharger both become extremely dangerous as well with this for only 1-2 mana.  Izzet looks like it might actually be a thing now?
Wtf are you talking about. Nobody said play at the same time.
Really like this card. At first I was thinking it was a nice combat trick when attacking.  But I think it will be just as useful when blocking. I can easly see someone swing Rakdos, Lord of Riots into 3 1/1 spirit tokens and then bam! Rakdos dies, spirits lives.
Wtf are you talking about. Nobody said play at the same time.

Then why is [C]Rally the Peasants[/C] even part of the discussion?  It isn't seeing play now, so why would it see play with Weapon Surge? 
Rally the peasants sees play sometimes. Its just a similar anthem effect for all your tokens.
If I'm not mistaken, don't power and toughness boosts switch with the power and toughness themselves? Ah yes, here's the rulings for Twisted Image:

Effects that switch a creature's power and toughness are applied after every other effect that modifies that creature's power and toughness, no matter when they started to take effect. For example, if Twisted Image resolves targeting a 1/5 creature, then that creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn, it will be 5/3 that turn.

Fluxcharger would become a 5/2, not a 6/1.

GILBIC, very.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I like cheap, firstrike granting, power increasing and overloading cards. Lovely.
I play for fun
GILBIC, very.

I dunno, I think it could have some applications in a UR Kiln Fiend deck. It doesn't need to boost their power a great deal to begin with since they have excellent boosts built in and the first strike grants them a huge combat advantage. Cheap Overload adds to the value. Weapon Surge should also be good in Boros decks since you'll be swinging with multiple creatures anyway.

I dunno how many games I've won with Rally The Peasants. It's a lot though.
If I'm not mistaken, don't power and toughness boosts switch with the power and toughness themselves? Ah yes, here's the rulings for Twisted Image:

Effects that switch a creature's power and toughness are applied after every other effect that modifies that creature's power and toughness, no matter when they started to take effect. For example, if Twisted Image resolves targeting a 1/5 creature, then that creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn, it will be 5/3 that turn.

Fluxcharger would become a 5/2, not a 6/1.

Haven't thought about that ... but still a 5/2 flier with first strike. wich is not that bad.
... so ... [C] Mizzium Skin[/C] bossts the  [C]Fluxcharger[/C]'s attack by 1 and gives it Hexproof ...