Monster and PC tokens

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi

I know that most prefer miniatures, but since they are discontinud I thought that I would give the tokens a try, so was just wondering which D&D products that gives your monster and player tokens whit them and if you can buy the tokens loose.

I know that these products give you token sheet(s) whit them:
D&D RPG starter set AKA the red box - 1 sheet of tokens (about 12 PC token)
Dungeon master´s kit - 3 sheets of tokens (1 sheet of PC tokens)
Monster vault - 10 sheets of tokens
Monster vault: threats to the nentir vale - 8 sheets of tokens
The Shadowfell - 2 sheets of tokens

Can understand from videos on youtube, that there should be a box whit beholder tokens and think I heard talk about an upcomming dragon box?
But beside the 5 products above what are there where you get tokens whit it or buy them alone?

Thanks

AFAIK, the WotC tokens are not sold separately (I did not check lately though).
There are third-party tokens for sale, although I can't comment on their quality as I only seen the package and not its content.

There are also a couple of token sheets in Madness at Gardmore Abbey.

On the Beholder and Dragons, are you sure you're not mistaking them for the miniatures Collector's Sets?
On the Beholder and Dragons, are you sure you're not mistaking them for the miniatures Collector's Sets?

No iam not sure at all

Its from this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm3mNEEcPG0 where he around 2:40-3:00 says "Its looks like they doign a box set for the dragons, the same way they are/did (quickly change it to did) for the beholders"

and thanks for the Madness at Gardmore Abbey add, should be 1 more sheet there, I guess I have to look through pre-made adventures and so to find tokens

"Its looks like they doign a box set for the dragons, the same way they are/did (quickly change it to did) for the beholders"

They're minis.

Beholders: www.wizards.com/DnD/Product.aspx?x=dnd/p...
Dragons: www.wizards.com/DnD/Product.aspx?x=dnd/p...

The only 3rd party tokens I know of were from Fiery Dragon. They have since gone out of stock and have no intention of making more. You might find some through distributors who haven't sold out or on Ebay. The art quality was decent. The few issues I had were on the production side; faded pics, front and back art not matching up. Mind you this only affected a couple of sheets. I think it was still overall a worthwhile purchase. They covered MM1-MM3 sans epic MM3 monsters. They made a few "medallion" sets but I did not purchase them.

@feetz_grande on Twitter