April Update?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
So since we didnt get a March update will we be getting a update in April. i know they said that there wont be month updates over twitter but they should make it offical on their actual website other wise they are keeping themselfs open to people lauching complaints about customer service and relations to trading standards and such esp. since it still says "next official update 19th of march" they should properly change that.
We should.

We probably won't.

Face it, we've been dumped.  Via Twitter, no less.
Trevor said via twitter that there will be no more regular updates.

Pretty much, they want you to pay for what you can get better service for elsewhere for free. 
That's insulting.

I've just discovered we're not getting new updates... Via the forums... Because someone mentioned that particular tweet...

At first I was hoping it to be something unconfirmed but then I go to the Insider forums and read this...

That's... absurd, to say the least.

Seems they really don't want my money. If they're not updating the tools, at least they should cut the price down. I would be willing to pay for access to the magazines. However pathethic their relations to their customers might be...

Oh well... Time to look for alternatives for 4th edition and beyond.

Sad, sad news...
Are you threatening me master jedi? Dungeons & Dragons 4e Classic - The Dark Edition
Apparently, there is no professional in charge of PR.
Apparently, there is no professional in charge of PR.

This is what seems so weird. You'd think because D&D is so word of mouth based, that WoTC would be making every effort to keep their base happy and informed.
We will have new updates, just not monthly updates anymore. I'm hoping I'll have some news on an upcoming update soon. As soon as I have some more info, I'll let you all know.

Trevor Kidd Community Manager

We will have new updates, just not monthly updates anymore. I'm hoping I'll have some news on an upcoming update soon. As soon as I have some more info, I'll let you all know.

You said this two months ago.

Appreciate the news Trevor but this is an appalling breach of trust to my mind. I appreciate that at some point 4E content would stop but I think, having subscribed to DDI since its inception and bought D&D products for nearly 30 years, I (and other customers) could be treated with a bit more respect. An announcement via Twitter that I, and it seems others, then find out about second hand on the forums is a disgusting way to treat customers!!!!

For my part, I would suggest that WotC gives some further thought to this idea. My DDI subscription is still current because of the support for 4E, including the updates to the tools. I have seen nothing in DDN that interests me so if 4E fans are going to be thrown aside without so much as a formal announcement then I might as well take my remaining disposable income elsewhere (since WotC stopped publishing actual 4E books about a year ago, much of my gaming money has gone to Paizo).

So should I follow you on twitter for rumor confirmation, or can I expect to be treated with some decency as a customer of your products and service?

Cry Havoc!  And let slip the hogs of war!

Subscription cancelled, because of this and the likelihood it will happen again and again and again.

Fed up of being let down by this company. Paizo will no doubt enjoy adding my money to its ever-increasing profits.