Beacon of Hope healing question

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I haven't seen this exact question, though I also haven't dug through the mountains of posts.

Pacifist Cleric uses Beacon of Healing, which gives allies in the burst 5 HPs, and then increases all further healing done by the cleric by 5 until the end of the encounter.

Next round, the Cleric uses Astral Seal (at-will, -2 to all defenses of target, first ally to hit this target regains X hps). Does the +5 apply to this healing? Our group runs with Yes, but as I'm the Pacifist Cleric, and I don't want to cheat the DM, has there been an official ruling on this?
So many PCs, so little time...
Yes this works, you restored hp with a healing power (astral seal has the healing keyword), which is the requirement for Bacon of Hope. Umm, bacon.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
yes, astral seal would restore 5 more hit points because of Beacon of Hope.  The reason is because Beacon of Hope only requires that you restore hit points with a healing power and astral seal has the healing keyword. 
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Awesome. Thanks for the replies. I WANTED this to work that way, but I didn't want to cheat the DM. ;) He'll be a player for ME next, and if I cheap him now, he'll try to pay me back later!
So many PCs, so little time...