Thrumming stone

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
My friend has a deck that I think he has been playing wrong.

If you have thrumming stone out and cast a spell, lets say lightning bolt, you then reveal the top 4 cards, if one is a LBolt, you can cast it for free.

That second one *also* has ripple, correct? So he would be able to reveal the next top 4 cards, right?

So, in theory; cast Bolt, reveal 4 cards (one bolt), cast second bolt for free, reveal 4 cards, cast third bolt, reveal 4 cards, cast 4th bolt, (and could reveal 4 cards, but would be silly.

Is that right? The Ripple will have a cascading effect. (Casdade as in English, not as in the Magic word)

that is right
proud member of the 2011 community team
My friend has a deck that I think he has been playing wrong.

If you have thrumming stone out and cast a spell, lets say lightning bolt, you then reveal the top 4 cards, if one is a LBolt, you can cast it for free.

That second one *also* has ripple, correct? So he would be able to reveal the next top 4 cards, right?

So, in theory; cast Bolt, reveal 4 cards (one bolt), cast second bolt for free, reveal 4 cards, cast third bolt, reveal 4 cards, cast 4th bolt, (and could reveal 4 cards, but would be silly.

Is that right? The Ripple will have a cascading effect. (Casdade as in English, not as in the Magic word)

Right. 

Thrumming stone  +  relentless rats  =  

Yep, that is his deck.  But he was only playing that the hard cast rat had ripple, any that followed just got played without additional Ripple.

Man, this is going to make his deck way painful....

Yep, that is his deck.  But he was only playing that the hard cast rat had ripple, any that followed just got played without additional Ripple.

Man, this is going to make his deck way painful....

Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir would break his deck (unable to cast spells during the resolution of a ripple trigger).

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.