Last post
Create one of these creatures.

Creature - Cat
1/1

Creature - Fish
1/1

Creature - Bear
2/2

I've had to reword this next part a few times, so I'll be soft about it when scoring.

The creature should have 3 activated abilities and 1 of the following:
  A 4th activated ability.
  1 or 2 triggered abilities.
  2 or 3 existing simple keyword abilities.
  An existing non-simple keyword ability.

Not to be used in the costs of activated abilities:

Any mana symbol of any color or colourless.

Abilites:
  Should be reasonably subtle.
  May assist opponents or be drawbacks but should not do so to compensate for being too powerfull.

The contest is still open, you may edit your submissions at any time as I will quote them at the end of the contest.

Curious Cat       

Creature - Cat

When Curious Cat enters the battlefield, look at target opponent's hand and exile a nonland card at random from it.

Prevent the next damage Curious Cat would deal to a player this turn:  When damage to a player is prevented in this way, search that player's library for a nonland card, and exile it.  That player shuffles his or her library.

Return a card exiled by Curious Cat to it's owner's hand: Exile target card from that player's graveyard.  Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery, and no more than once per turn.

Sacrifice Curious Cat: Look at target player's hand.

When Curious Cat leaves the battlefield, return each card exiled by Curious Cat to its owner's hand.

"They say curiousity killed the cat, but I wonder what the cat saw before it died."
1/1
Fish
Basic Creature - Fish
At the beginning of your draw step, look at the top card of your library.
Whenever Fish attacks, tap it.
Whenever Fish blocks, untap it.
"There are many fish in the sea, and this is but one."
1/1

(I'm not sure that the last ability does anything.)
Backyard Huntress
Creature - Cat (R)
Protection from Rats, from Birds, from Fish, and from Yarn
Aligning her spine, she prepares to pounce--no that's a yawn.
1/1
Grizzly of Willow Heights
Creature Bear
If you control a swamp ~ gains +1/+1.
When ~ enters the battlefield it fights target creature.
Morbid: If a creature died this turn ~ gains +1/+1
At the beginning of each upkeep pay one life or sacrifice ~.
"Smart poachers never go down there. Your lucky if you find the bones of the less bright..."
Subtlety generally requires something with which to be subtle about...

Lazy House Cat      
Creature - Cat
Infect, First Strike, Defender
If an Insect or Rat is on the battlefield, Lazy House Cat loses Defender.
"She's always just lieing there."
"Really?  Then were do all those dead rats come from?"
1/1

Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
These rock, see the adjustment to my original post, but I won't take that into account for entries already submitted.

I've really enjoyed reading them, each one nicely creative, moderate in power and bursting with flavor.

I will give marks as so.

(1 to 5) x 5 - Contest rules following.
(1 to 5) x 4 - Makes Sense, for example colors wise.
(1 to 5) x 4 - Balance - Subtlety and Usefulness
(1 to 5) x 3 - Mechanical Flavor
(1 to 5) x 3 - Mechanical Creativity
(1 to 5) x 2 - Name and Flavor Text
1 to 5 - Originality
1 to 5 - Convention
Druid of Nature's Reap  
Legendary Creature- Elf Druid
Discard a creature card: Return target land card from your graveyard to your hand.
Sacrifice a creature: You may play an additional land card this turn.
Discard a Forest card: Put a 1/1 green Saproling token onto the battlefield.
Sacrifice a Forest: Reveal the top card of your library. If it's a creature card, put it into your hand. Otherwise, put it on the bottom of your library.
To understand the power of nature, you must first understand the power of yourself.
2/2 
Hm...I'm not good with white things (in Magic, you racists! :P ), but I think the flavor of a cat would be easier than the flavor of a bear...so...

Feline Guard
Creature - Cat
Defender
: Feline Guard gets +0/+3 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once per turn.
: Prevent the next X damage that would be dealt to Feline Guard, where X is its toughness. Activate this ability only once per turn.
: Feline Guard deals damage to target creature equal to its toughness.
1/2
It stands guard at the castle gates, waiting for attackers to pounce and put up a fight...then it goes to sleep and recouperates from that fight. That's what cats do.

Yeah, some color bleed with that last ability, but as I said, I'm not good with white.

By the way: "three activated abilities, none of which can tap nor have colorless mana in them" is quite a difficult set of restrictions.

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

Phoo Bear   |  

Creature, Bear

When Phoo Bear comes into play, place a stone counter on target creature opponent controls.  That creature gains “Remove a stone counter from this creature to do one damage to target creature—use this ability only any time you could play a sorcery.”

If Phoo Bears is Phased out on your upkeep, Phase Phoo Bears in and put a +1/+1 counter on it.

Lost in the woods- Phase out Phoo Bears.    Use this ability only during an opponent’s turn.

Search for the honey pot—Phase out Phoo Bears; search your library for a card named Drop of Honey and put it directly into play.  Use this ability only on your turn.

When a creature opponent controls removes a stone counter from it, all Phoo Bears in play become unblockable untill end of game.

“Always be suspicious of any attempt to rescue you from the river, especially if it involves throwing a large stone at you.”

2/2

Oblivax, you can't define keyword abilites with such huge names, you also can't use the word 'directly' and your spacing is a bit big.

Kuru_Ageha. Suspend, at least in this case is 1 keyword ability. Also some marks go to balance and if it makes sence as a card, Stoneforge Mystic got banned in some formats.
@alan2here: notice the rules mention activated and triggered abilities, but nothing about static ones other than keywords. How will other static abilities fit in?
Exotic Frillgill | :U:
Creature - Fish

When Exotic Frillgill enters the battlefield you must return a creature you control to it's owners hand, or sacrifice Exotic Frillgill.
Return an island you control to your hand: Exotic Frillgill gains islandwalk until end of turn.
Discard a card: Draw a card, then discard a card.
Sacrifice Exotic Frillgill: Tap target cat or bird.

1/1

All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring. -Chuck Palahniuk My Card as designed by febbstalicious42
Show
Four-Finger Discount :2mana: Instant Gain control of target creature. You lose life equal to its toughness. Almost as good as the five-finger discount.
phyrexianloyalty.png
@alan2here: notice the rules mention activated and triggered abilities, but nothing about static ones other than keywords. How will other static abilities fit in?

I guess "... in the form of ...", "You can't ..." or "... have +1/+1" could be examples. I've been considering "At ..., ..." to be triggered.

Go with the spirit of the rules, few have followed there itterations exactly, it's all about lots of choice for activating :-o and splashing other stuff if you like.
Symphysodon
Creature - Fish
Return an Island you control to your hand: Target player reveals his or her hand.
Return a blue permanent you control to your hand: Target permanent becomes the color of your choice until end of turn.
Exile an Island card from your hand: Draw a card, then discard a card.
Exile a Blue card from your hand: Counter target spell unless it's controller pays .
Do not catch the symphysodon in the rain, as you do not want to get it wet.
1/1

Edited:
Phoo Bear |
Creature, Bear

When Phoo Bear comes into play, place a stone counter on target creature opponent controls. That creature gains “Remove a stone counter from this creature to do one damage to target creature—use this ability only any time you could play a sorcery.”
If Phoo Bears is Phased out on your upkeep, Phase Phoo Bears in and put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Phase out Phoo Bears. You may search your library for a card named Drop of Honey and put it into play.  If you searched your library, shuffle it.
When a creature opponent controls removes a stone counter from it, all Phoo Bears in play become unblockable untill end of game.

“Always be suspicious of any attempt to rescue you from the river, especially if it involves throwing a large stone at you.”

2/2

Bump for final entries before scoring.
Cat of St. Ives

Creature - Cat
1/1

Exile the top 4 cards of your library: Put a Kit token into play.  Treat this token as an 0/1 White creature.
Exile 4 cards from your graveyard: Put a Cat token into play.  Treat this token as a 1/1 White creature.
Sacrifice a Kit, Discard a card: Put a Cat of St. Ives token into play.  Treat that token as a copy of this permanent.
If you have exactly 7 Cats and exactly 7 Kits on the battlefield, you win the game.

Show
Curious Cat
Creature - Cat
When Curious Cat enters the battlefield, look at target opponent's hand and exile a nonland card at random from it.

Prevent the next damage Curious Cat would deal to a player this turn: When damage to a player is prevented in this way, search that player's library for a nonland card, and exile it. That player shuffles his or her library.

Return a card exiled by Curious Cat to it's owner's hand: Exile target card from that player's graveyard. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery, and no more than once per turn.

Sacrifice Curious Cat: Look at target player's hand.

When Curious Cat leaves the battlefield, return each card exiled by Curious Cat to its owner's hand.

"They say curiousity killed the cat, but I wonder what the cat saw before it died."
1/1

Contest rules following. x 5:

Makes Sense, for example colors wise. x 4:

1 mark lost because of sacrifise, only 1 because self sacrifise seems like it could somtimes be .

Balance - Power, Subtlety and Usefulness. x 4:

Mechanical Flavor x 3:

Mechanical Creativity x 3:

Name and Flavor Text x 2:

Total:

Fish 
Basic Creature - Fish
At the beginning of your draw step, look at the top card of your library.
Whenever Fish attacks, tap it.
Whenever Fish blocks, untap it.
"There are many fish in the sea, and this is but one."
1/1

I'm ok with Basic as a way of allowing any number in a deck, despite Relentless Rats, because I like this way of wording it.

Mechanical Flavor x 3:

Total:
Show
Backyard Huntress
Creature - Cat (R)
Protection from Rats, from Birds, from Fish, and from Yarn
Aligning her spine, she prepares to pounce--no that's a yawn.
1/1

Balance - Power, Subtlety and Usefulness. x 4:

Maybe a bit weak.

Mechanical Flavor x 3:

Total: 91

Grizzly of Willow Heights
Creature - Bear
If you control a swamp ~ gains +1/+1.
When ~ enters the battlefield it fights target creature.
Morbid: If a creature died this turn ~ gains +1/+1
At the beginning of each upkeep pay one life or sacrifice ~.
"Smart poachers never go down there. Your lucky if you find the bones of the less bright..."

Maybe a bit powerful, the 1 life needn't be much of a drawback.

Mechanical Flavor x 3:

Total: 91
Show
Lazy House Cat
Creature - Cat
Infect, First Strike, Defender
If an Insect or Rat is on the battlefield, Lazy House Cat loses Defender.
"She's always just lieing there."
"Really?  Then were do all those dead rats come from?"
1/1

I'm not sure about white infect.

Mechanical Flavor x 3:

The obvious stuff, and that nobody strikes faster than an angry cat once it starts moving.

I love the consequences of having both Defender and Infect.

Total:

Druid of Nature's Reap
Legendary Creature- Elf Druid
Discard a creature card: Return target land card from your graveyard to your hand.
Sacrifice a creature: You may play an additional land card this turn.
Discard a Forest card: Put a 1/1 green Saproling token onto the battlefield.
Sacrifice a Forest: Reveal the top card of your library. If it's a creature card, put it into your hand. Otherwise, put it on the bottom of your library.
To understand the power of nature, you must first understand the power of yourself.
2/2

Maybe it should be .

Somone give me a hand, is this easily broken?

Mechanical Flavor x 3:

Epic lots of choice, even chain stuff together.

I would have imagined flavor text about how nature is ever changing.

Total:
Show
I've improved your entery for the rules and bought it up to 4/5.

Feline Guard
Creature - Cat
Defender
: Feline Guard gets +0/+1 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once per turn.
: Prevent the next X damage that would be dealt to Feline Guard, where X is its toughness. Activate this ability only once per turn.
: Feline Guard deals damage to target creature equal to its toughness.
1/1
It stands guard at the castle gates, waiting for attackers to pounce and put up a fight...then it goes to sleep and recouperates from that fight. That's what cats do.

I'm not sure about dealing 2 damage per turn to target creature for a 1 mana creature.

Mechanical Flavor x 3:

Cats are defensive then suddenly attack with sharp claws I suppose.

Total: 86
Show
Time Cat
Creature - Cat
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may search your library for an Equipment card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Suspend 1 -
1/1

I don't know enough about suspend, but it looks good. Might need given its name.

As a hammer. Although at times in Standard it should be ok.

Mechanical Flavor x 3:

Total: 58

You can improve this cat later and I'll update the score.

Exotic Frillgill | :U:
Creature - Fish
When Exotic Frillgill enters the battlefield you must return a creature you control to it's owners hand, or sacrifice Exotic Frillgill.
Return an Island you control to your hand: Exotic Frillgill gains islandwalk until end of turn.
Discard a Card: Draw a card then discard a card.
Sacrifice Exotic Frillgill: Tap target cat or bird.
1/1

I imagine it's bit powerful in the right decks.

Mechanical Flavor x 3:

Total: 97

Symphysodon
Creature - Fish
Return an Island you control to your hand: Target player reveals his or her hand.
Return a blue permanent you control to your hand: Target permanent becomes the color of your choice until end of turn.
Exile an Island card from your hand: Draw a card, then discard a card.
Exile a Blue card from your hand: Counter target spell unless it's controller pays .
"Do not catch the symphysodon in the rain, as you do not want to get it wet."
1/1

Unfortunately, this could be very powerful for flickering, however the rest is very nice.

Mechanical Flavor x 3:

Not sure, can you submit the art too?

Intriguing.

Total: 94

Mama Bear
Creature - Bear
Defender, protection from Auras
: Put a 1/1 Bear token into the battlefield.
: ~ fights target creature you don't control. Activate this ability only if you control a 1/1 Bear token.
Tap a 1/1 Bear token you control: Regenerate ~.
"Did no anyone ever teach you not to mess with Mommy?"
2/2

Balance - Power, Subtlety and Usefulness. x 4:

Could be a bit powerful.

Mechanical Flavor x 3:

I love it.

Total: 99
Show
Adjusted:
Cat of St. Ives
Creature - Cat
Exile the top 4 cards of your library: Put a 0/1 white Kit token into play.
Exile 4 cards from your graveyard: Put a 1/1 white Cat token into play.
Sacrifice a Kit, Discard a card: Put a Cat of St. Ives token into play. It is a copy of this permanent.
If you have exactly 7 Cats and exactly 7 Kits on the battlefield, you win the game.
1/1

I've not given you 1 as with a bit of adjustment this needn't be so overpowered.

Mechanical Flavor x 3:

I'm seeing this score isn't always applicable.

Total: 86
I went with Infect over Wither because its on White.  It was a universal ability, although it is only so in the right set.

It was supposed to subtly represent allergiesTongue Out.
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
I see, their are 5 mono infect creatures, I didn't notice this. I'm still ok with that score Unless it's called "Diseased Cat" or "Manky Moggy", but that's a big flavor change.

The card still rocks.
Rankings:

Curious Cat: 101
Druid of Natures Reap: 101
Mama Bear: 99
Exotic Frillgill: 97
Fish: 95
Lazy House Cat: 95
Symphysodon: 94
Backyard Huntress: 91
Grizzly of Willow Heights: 91
Cat of St. Ives: 86
Feline Guard: 86
Time Cat: 58

Feel free to comment and point out if I've addeup anything up wrongly, this really is an epic task
Why was my ability changed to have no mana requirement?

Was the object to build a good card?

I'm unclear as to why I lost points.

All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring. -Chuck Palahniuk My Card as designed by febbstalicious42
Show
Four-Finger Discount :2mana: Instant Gain control of target creature. You lose life equal to its toughness. Almost as good as the five-finger discount.
phyrexianloyalty.png
See the first post of the thread for the rules, I adjusted your card to follow them more closely so that it would be worth scoring it. I've added a comment to this effect on the same post as gives the score for your submission.
Word, I didn't notice the inability to use mana... I would have required a land bounce effect in that case to give the islandwalk to it. 

Show
phyrexianloyalty.png
I'll recalculate now if you want to edit the post and adjust it, this doesn't apply to everyone.
Adjusted
Show
phyrexianloyalty.png
You've both gained points and one has gained ranks, editing is closed now except where I've stated in the scoring posts.
Rankings:
Cat of St. Ives: 96

You scored me an 86.

I do begin to wonder if my reference to a mildly-obscure nursery rhyme was too subtle.  I genuinely don't know if you scored my flavor low in knowledge of the nursey rhyme, or in non-recognizance of it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_I_was_going_to_...
Thanks, moved in rankings.

I recognised the reference to the nursery rhyme, and Kit Kats

You scored highly flavor wise, except in "Name and flavor text" because it has no flavor text. You lost a lot of points in "Balance".
I didn't think I could elegantly place any flavor text on my card and submitted mine with most of the flavor in the Name and how expensive the fish is to upkeep, just like a real exotic fish in an aquarium, overall I'm pleased with my score. I think the fish category was the hardest because a 1/1 for :U: is already at the point of balance, so I designed a card with all upsides that require downsides, something a novice player would have a card time utilizing correctly and something an advanced player would get something out of. 

Overall after edits I'm much more pleased with the card because I believe that taking mana away from the costs made me open up the design space a little to allow what looks like a very powerful 3rd ability that synergizes with the second, but in practice is really a last ditch effort at best. Overall my card is probably definitely highly abusable but a novice would never play it. It fits the expensive exotic fish model very well. 
Show
phyrexianloyalty.png
Thanks, moved in rankings.

I recognised the reference to the nursery rhyme, and Kit Kats

You scored highly flavor wise, except in "Name and flavor text because it has no flavor text.

Do most creatures that have three activated abilities and a triggered ability also have flavor text?  I just did a gatherer search for creature cards with three colons in the card text (regex m/.+:.+:.+:/ ) ... of those 26, exactly one of them has flavor text (Mist Dragon).  And that one doesn't have any triggered abilities.

It seems like an unrealistic scoring mechanism to penalize us for not putting more card text on a card than any actual printed card would ever have.
It's a good point, although the whole contest is about big cards in that respect and flavor text only scores at most 4 points.

I've found there is a great deal about the scoring and contest in general I have discovered that I can improve

Thanks Franky, an interesting read.