firefox fix for previewing cards at edge of screen?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
in firefox, if someone previews a card like this: ................................................................................................................................ Runeclaw Bear,
and that preview is at the edge of the righthand side of the screen, then when i mouse over the preview, the preview card will spill off past the right side of the screen; when this happens, the internet browsing window expands horizontally, showing horizontal scrollbars at the bottom. if i then press the right key on the keyboard to see the rest, and my mouse cursor (staying on the same spot on the screen, with the words "Runeclaw Bear" moving to the left) stops being over the words "Runeclaw Bear", the window "snaps" back to what it was before, and the preview is gone.

with chrome, it doesn't "snap back", but keeps the window as wide as it expanded to become when you moused over the preview.
but, this is chrome's behaviour for previews on this forum, but "snaps back" like firefox does for other websites with card previews, like this one.

i don't like using chrome, besides.

i am wondering if anyone knows how to fix this behaviour in firefox?

Probably by writing a greasemonkey script to change where the images are displayed if they're too close to the edge of the screen, assuming that's possible.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

this happens in Safari as well.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
in firefox, if someone previews a card like this: ................................................................................................................................ Runeclaw Bear,
and that preview is at the edge of the righthand side of the screen, then when i mouse over the preview, the preview card will spill off past the right side of the screen; when this happens, the internet browsing window expands horizontally, showing horizontal scrollbars at the bottom. if i then press the right key on the keyboard to see the rest, and my mouse cursor (staying on the same spot on the screen, with the words "Runeclaw Bear" moving to the left) stops being over the words "Runeclaw Bear", the window "snaps" back to what it was before, and the preview is gone.

with chrome, it doesn't "snap back", but keeps the window as wide as it expanded to become when you moused over the preview.
but, this is chrome's behaviour for previews on this forum, but "snaps back" like firefox does for other websites with card previews, like this one.

I use the Firefox plugin Stylish and the following style to alter the image displacement.

@-moz-document domain("community.wizards.com") {

.cardHoverImageWrapper a:hover span {
    top: 20px !important;
    left: 20px !important;
}

}

I use the Firefox plugin Stylish and the following style to alter the image displacement.

@-moz-document domain("community.wizards.com") {

.cardHoverImageWrapper a:hover span {
    top: 20px !important;
    left: 20px !important;
}

}

...are you a wizard?

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...

...are you a wizard?