Veteran's Armaments and Guardian of the Gateless

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just wondering something, wanted to make sure this works:

If guardian of the gateless is equipped with veteran's armaments, and I choose to block all of my opponent's attackers, does the bonus from the armaments trigger and stack with the guardian's bonus for each attacking creature blocked?

I find signatures incredibly distracting. If you read this, then you too have found them distracting. 

In that case, it'll get +2/+2 for each attacking creature.
Guardian of the Gateless equiped with veteran's armaments

In this case when the guardian blocks, there are 2 triggered abilities to resolve. As the controller of both triggers, you get to decide the order that the triggers resolve in. In this particular case, that order doesn't matter much.

When Guardian's own trigger resolves, it gets +1/+1 for each creature it's blocking.
When Vetran Armament's trigger resolves, it gets +1/+1 for each attacking creature.

So if your opponent attacked with 2 grizzly bear, and you blocked both of them, the guardian would  get +4/+4.

If however you were attacked by 2 bears and a invisible stalker, and blocked both bears the guardian would get +5/+5 (2 blocked creatures, 3 total attackers).

- Cheers, - Dan R. (lv1 magic judge, Advanced organizer) http://butlerwpn.blogspot.com, my rather basic event blog.

If it blocks every attacker of course...

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

If it blocks every attacker of course...

... which is exactly the situation described by the OP.
Thanks for the input everyone! So, with those two cards working together, it's almost a reverse-Rampage...

I find signatures incredibly distracting. If you read this, then you too have found them distracting. 

Thanks for the input everyone! So, with those two cards working together, it's almost a reverse-Rampage...

Except it works from the first blocked creature! :P

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.