Elf Deck - Need 6 more cards to complete. What do you suggest?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post

So I am trying to make a fun little Elf deck, and have 6 more cards to add. What would you suggest?

4 Imperious Perfect

4 Immaculate Magistrate

4 Heedless One

4 Llanowar Elves

4 Timberwatch Elf

4 Wellwisher

2 Nissa Revane

4 Joraga Warcaller

4 Nissa's Chosen

16 Forest 

4 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood 

4 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
2 Coat of Arms

What about Arbor Elf instead of Timberwatch Elf? You already have a lot of 3 drops and I don't think you really need him
4 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
2 Coat of Arms

What about Arbor Elf instead of Timberwatch Elf? You already have a lot of 3 drops and I don't think you really need him

Hey, thanks slodice. I actually like the idea about the Arbor Elf, but 4 Ezuri, Renegade Leader?
How about ditching the Wellwishers? Lifegain for the sake of lifegain won't get you very far, and it looks like you're aiming for a very aggressive deck. Wellwisher is a purely defensive card, there are many better elves out there.

Bro, do you even Autocard?

Autocarding: [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

Showing somebody how to autocard: [c[b][/b]]Cryptic Command[/c] = [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

You could try Wren's Run Vanquisher, I remember her being a very strong card back in the day. Large body, hard to block, and low CMC. I figured shes worth looking at.
Since I don't know if your restricting this to a certain format, I'll just post a link to the thread about my current elf deck. Maybe the deck and the comments made might give you some more ideas.
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
Hope this helps.
Thanks again, a lot of great suggestions here! In particular:

Arbor Elf
Wirewood Lodge
Elvish Archdruid
Bramblewood Paragon
Ezuri, Renegade Leader
If you use the Arbor Elf along with Elvish Guidance he kind of becomes another Priest of Titania/Elvish Archdruid.
Ezuri is good if you need to regenerate your elves, but if you want the trample damage ability more I'd go with Overrun, it doesn't have to sit on the board a turn letting your opponent see whats coming and you should really only need the one use to cripple if not beat them. The Paragon works best with a token gen like Elvish Promenade and/or Rhys the Redeemed.
I would cut 4 TimberWatch Elf for 4 more Forest's - Llanowar Elves isn't enough to justify 20 Lands in a deck with a playset of both Immaculate Magistrate and Heedless One.

I would then cut 2 WellWisher so that you now have room for 2 playsets of cards (rather than only 6), I would then add Heritage Druid and Nettle Sentinel - they synergy they share is fantastic.

Alternatively,  I would cut 2 WellWisher so that you now have room for 2 playsets of cards (rather than only 6), I would then add Arbor Elf and Wild Growth.

What you should take away from my suggestions is that I don't believe you have enough Lands, or enough Ramp to justify being so low on Lands.

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

I added a couple of lands, so alltogether 22. Made some other great changes from all your suggestions. Thanks again everyone!
A quick way to win is to play a copy or few of Staff of Domination. It combos with either Elvish Archdruid or Priest of Titania. If you have either of the two elves out along with 4 others, you can tap the elf for 5, spend 3 on the Staff to untap it, then spend 1 to untap the Staff. Rinse and repeat to spend infinite mana on cards, life, or tapping blockers.
Sign In to post comments