[DGM - ICD] Dragonshift (unconfirmed)

58 posts / 0 new
Last post
boards.4chan.org/tg/res/24309779
No one on the thread seems to speak Japanese, but the speculation is: Dragonshift - Instant - 1 Target creature you control loses all abilities and becomes a 4/4 blue and red dragon with flying until end of turn. Overload 3
Oh awesome, and for once think I'm fist.
Whoa, pretty sick.
That's a long tail.

Be interested in seeing if this is an instant or a sorcery... and, you know, if this is actually the card.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

You're an obligatory dragon, and you're an obligatory dragon!  Everyone is an obligatory dragon!

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

From the Japanese I know, that translation looks like it is correct (though I could be wrong since I don't know most of the kanji).

Edit: By the way, it's an instant.
So... Day of the Dragons homage?
It's cool and fun, nice flavor. 

Mostly Limited I think. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
cool.  be awesome to overload cast this the turn after landing a miracle entreat.  because i play only for irony points.
cool.  be awesome to overload cast this the turn after landing a miracle entreat.  because i play only for irony points.

Then you get minus a bazillion bc that's about as ironic as that song "Ironic."

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

I think the card's name is Dragonform, not Dragonshift.
This is a cool card. Wish I played U/R in EDH now...

~ Tim 
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
COOLEST CARD EVAR. Need 4 of these, one could be foil.

Rules question: Does the creature lose its other abilities? such as activated or keywords or whatever this card doesnt shift? 
I play for fun
ZOMG It's a maze of dragons!!!

(someone had to point it out)

Also Dragon Form would be a lame name since we already have the card Form of the Dragon
COOLEST CARD EVAR. Need 4 of these, one could be foil.

Rules question: Does the creature lose its other abilities? such as activated or keywords or whatever this card doesnt shift? 

It depends if the rules text says "target creature you control loses all abilities and beccomes a 4/4 dragon with flying." As it stands, I don't think that's part of the text, so no.
So..  get a Utvara Hellkite on the field, next turn cast/overload this and attack?

Lots of 6/6 Dragons incoming?

Seems like fun for Dragon enthusiasts, maybe not competitive at all due to mana cost and turning your 6/6 into a 4/4 until end of turn.  But you'd have more 6/6 Dragon tokens next turn?
Best obligatory dragon ever.
I think the card's name is Dragonform, not Dragonshift.

Also Dragon Form would be a lame name since we already have the card Form of the Dragon

Indeed, the problem goes beyond merely being lame, but actually indistinguishable in some languages.

The French verson of Snakeform is titled "Forme du serpent".
The French version of Form of the Dragon is titled "Forme du dragon"

If they released a card titled "Dragonform" (or "Dragon Form"), the French translation would be "Forme du dragon".  But we already have a card whose French title is "Forme du dragon".
I would absolutely throw this into my Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius EDH deck, except most of the creatures in it are already bigger than 4/4. Does seem a fun combo with the Utvara Hellkite. Suddenly, ARMY of DRAGONS.

This is very much an Izzet spell. Imagine ol' Niv-Mizzet, sitting on his throne. "Hmm. This battle needs more dragons." Whether they're real or illusionary doesn't matter, as long as people believe them.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Craps all over teleportal, even with the extra , and that card was pretty darn good in limited.
Increasing Devotion + Dragonthing = Sarkhan Vol

or Sarkhan the Mad's Final ability. But that's kind of overkill...

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Griselbrand (French)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

This will be a fun card to play around with.
Craps all over teleportal, even with the extra , and that card was pretty darn good in limited.

I would still take teleportal over this, the unblockable portion allows more shinanigans.
I think my mass-goblin-deck just came....
The little Timmy in me has been squee-ing endlessly for the last few minutes straight now.
Wonder whether there's a storyline flavor for this... XD

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Wonder whether there's a storyline flavor for this... XD

Well, Niv-Mizzet is objectively the most vain being in the multiverse...

In English:

Japanese reader/speakers over at MTGS are saying the card actually makes your creatures lose all abilities (before gaining flying). The image above is just a mockup, look how it says the number of the card is 1xx/274
I play for fun
Japanese reader/speakers over at MTGS are saying the card actually makes your creatures lose all abilities (before gaining flying). The image above is just a mockup, look how it says the number of the card is 1xx/274

After looking up some of the kanji, I think it does cause the creature to lose all abilities, and then gain flying.

Edit: And the dragon is blue and red.

After looking up some of the kanji, I think it does cause the creature to lose all abilities, and then gain flying.

Edit: And the dragon is blue and red.

Ah phooey

well, still gonna be fun in a deck with goblin electromancer and goblin rally
I play for fun
Krenko is pretty stoked about this card.

does it bother anyone that 4/4 flying tokens are typically angels and dragon tokens are typically 6/6? 4/4 feels more balanced but... from a flavor perspective

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Griselbrand (French)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

does it bother anyone that 4/4 flying tokens are typically angels and dragon tokens are typically 6/6? 4/4 feels more balanced but... from a flavor perspective

Search for "dragon token mtg" images on google. Most are actually 5/5
I play for fun

As Themisto pointed out above me, the common Dragon token is actually 5/5, not 6/6 - in fact, the only 6/6 Dragon tokens in the game are made by Utvara Hellkite. Jund (as in the actual Shard) had 4/4 dragons however, as attested to by Broodmate Dragon and Sarkhan Vol, so there is precident. Also, blue and red dragons of Ravnica have been 4/4 creatures.
Not to mention this doesn't actually make them tokens lol, just changes them into dragons. Fun fun!
Time for American Tokens, with Krenko's Command, Midnight Haunting, this, Intangible Virtue, etc.  I really like this card.  I think this counts as the missingg dragons in Dragon's Maze.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Makes me want to do 4 color selesnya populate and then just slam this out of nowhere.

I can imagine the look on my opponents face when I'm like... ok I attack you with my 8, 1/1 tokens.

Then before the declare blockers step I would yell.. Supreeeze! and slam it on the table.    
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
army of the damned, then overload this baby xD
Makes me want to do 4 color selesnya populate and then just slam this out of nowhere.

I can imagine the look on my opponents face when I'm like... ok I attack you with my 8, 1/1 tokens.

Then before the declare blockers step I would yell.. Supreeeze! and slam it on the table.    

wouldn't be hard to do an america deck with bird tokens or simply goblins

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.

wouldn't be hard to do an america deck with bird tokens or simply goblins

assemble the legion!
Sign In to post comments