A Detektor Blip: Murder Market

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Murder Market
Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player puts a bounty counter on target creature of his or her choice.
Whenever a creature dies, the active player draws a card for each bounty counter on it. (The active player is the player whose turn it is.)
Historians researching the Azantine empire found death certificates very informative, but they always wondered what the large numbers written on them meant.
Hmm.

I see this working better on creatures you control with sacrifice effects, which seems counterinductive to the flavor. 

PORTRAIT OF A PLANESWALKER – Coming October 13th, 2013

IMAGE(http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/385.gif)

The name alone. I want to get a job there.
I see this working better on creatures you control with sacrifice effects, which seems counterinductive to the flavor. 

I actually envisaged it more as a multiplayer fun card than a combo engine, but I guess that works as well. Something like Phyrexian Arena would probably be more consistent anyways.
For a pseudoworkaround on the whole tracking who put what counter where, you could:

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player puts a bounty token on a creature of his or her choice.
Whenever a creature dies, each player that doesn't control it draws a card for each bounty counter on it.

It's not exactly there, but I think it's silly to put a bounty on your own creatures anyway.
Trigger should probably make you unable to put them on your own, but I couldn't find a wording that didn't spam "his or her" too much, and I like the image of someone using it as a warning against any treachery.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

i always like seeing new avatar XD

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

You can divert your gratitude to Silly Dragons.

Yxoque wrote:

You can divert your gratitude to Silly Dragons.

Is it something to do with okami?

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Is it something to do with okami?

Yes.

Yxoque wrote:

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player puts a bounty token on a creature of his or her choice.
Whenever a creature dies, each player that doesn't control it draws a card for each bounty counter on it.

It's not exactly there, but I think it's silly to put a bounty on your own creatures anyway.

I thought about it, but I ended up deciding that would significantly reduce the potential uses of the card.

I also think that putting a bounty on your own guy is exactly the sort of thing black would do.
Sign In to post comments