[DGM-ICD] Reap Intellect

71 posts / 0 new
Last post
Reap Intellect
Sorcery (M)

Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You choose X nonland cards from among them. Search that player's library, hand, and graveyard for cards with the same name of those cards and exile them. Then that player shuffles library.
That mana cost makes my eyes bleed. I like this card, but I wish I could be able to cast it.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
so basically 3UB it's weaker than slaughter games, which is a rare AND can't be countered.

Also runs into the problem of not hitting anything, which is what will probably happen since it comes down too late.

also, source? 
Yeah, but with Slaughter Games you don't always know exactly what's in their hand/how they sideboarded, etc. I reaaaally like this... in SB matchups obviously. Slaughter Games is like a scalpel where this is a freakin chainsaw.
This is Dimir's mythic? Really? That's unfortunate. Not a bad card, but that mana cost isn't pretty. Still, it's certainly appropriate for Dimir.
My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)
please let it be XUB.

This card's effect is so brutal. I'm glad it's not cheaper.

This effect can randomly win you the game right there against some decks. Your deck has the potential to be totally gutted and ineffectual after getting hit by one of these for 3 or 4.
please let it be XUB.

that would be ridiculous. I love Dimir but that's OP.

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Griselbrand (French)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

The card is costed fine. I think Crypt Ghast + Liliana of the Dark Realms might really take off with this card. I am just happy Dimir got a nice effect for their X spell, and not some silly milling garbage.
I think it's fine.

Getting this off for seven or eight mana is back-breaking, but probably irrelevant in most constructed environments. Games don't usually last that long, and the threat you need to get rid of is probably already there by then. Still, I'll do something silly with it at the kitchen table where having eight or nine cards in hand is possible.
Please have a good art please plase
As much as I wish this was costed down by 2 colorless, I think where it's at now keeps it from being "too" strong. While it's still quite good. while being over costed and bad for standard at the same time. a 1 off, or side board is probbaly where this card would stand. As it probably isn't going to do you any favors main decked vs speed decks. but played at the right time vs control, it'll win u the game.
If it costed less control would have a toy. Wizards won't make that mistake again for a while.
If you're hitting the right cards, this also has the effect of milling out a nice portion of your opponent's deck...

however unfortunately leaving a larger percentage of land cards in the deck, which makes all of the "until you hit X lands" Dimir mill effects worse...
The cost might be high, but this is certainly a powerful card and should be a mythic. 
That mana cost makes my eyes bleed. I like this card, but I wish I could be able to cast it.

1000 mana surgical. yupppp
The card is costed fine. I think Crypt Ghast + Liliana of the Dark Realms might really take off with this card. I am just happy Dimir got a nice effect for their X spell, and not some silly milling garbage.

we already got some silly milling garbage in this block.

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Griselbrand (French)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

This is hilarious. I love it.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Not bad.  But it would be better if your opponent had a hand.  Play in Grixis Control after reforging?  Probably not.  Not even good for EDH.  At least it's mythic so it probably won't ruin many Sealed pools.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
People that think this is undercosted must not play control. Imagine bouncing two cards, then hitting them with a double Lobotomy for only six mana the next turn. Sure, it can be countered. I don't think this card was meant to fight control decks, though.
Not bad.  But it would be better if your opponent had a hand.  Play in Grixis Control after reforging?  Probably not.  Not even good for EDH.  At least it's mythic so it probably won't ruin many Sealed pools.

Why doesn't Whispering Madness get any love? Works well with the deckthinning bonus of this card, even if it might not get them a full grip to dissect. I can see this being fun in a :U::B:x (probably :G: ) aggressive build as a 1-2 of mid/late game sink. Utterly backbreaking.
People that think this is undercosted must not play control. Imagine bouncing two cards, then hitting them with a double Lobotomy for only six mana the next turn. Sure, it can be countered. I don't think this card was meant to fight control decks, though.

Meh, easier to just kill the creatures with target spell or board wipe. Would be a fun trick, but it will only happen on kitchen tables.
too bad it's only IN THE HAND =(

which means unless you're playing a guy who decided to pick up a thragtusk, a snapcaster or a restoration angel in his hand AND didn't have the mana to cast them, this is usually a dead card.

Also dissipate is a thing =( 
too bad it's only IN THE HAND =(

which means unless you're playing a guy who decided to pick up a thragtusk, a snapcaster or a restoration angel in his hand AND didn't have the mana to cast them, this is usually a dead card.

Also dissipate is a thing =( 

Pretty sure good players don't stuff their decks with bad cards, so this will always have value (and if they reveal a grip of lands, then they have a grip of lands).
Not bad, I was always a fan of Lobotomy.
Cards that cost a lot of mana to cast like this tend to be good in Commander, but this is basically only a Lobotomy in Commander.

Rules question: If the opponent reveals their hand and you choose the Grizzly Bears that is there, would you be able to 'fail to find a card named Grizzly Bears' in their hand? I mean, this shouldn't ever happen, but theoretically speaking is the player allowed to do that?
yayay now I don't have to choose between thragtusk  and sphinx's revelation  in the control match up anymore, granted they have one in there hand...

I played a slaughter games  on someone once and in repsonse they used the sphinx's revelation  they had in their hand for 5, I just laughed and pulled 3 thragtusks from their hand...

I guess it didn't really matter now that I think about it, but with this card it will
Meh, probably gonna end up being a $2 mythic.
The cost on this is absolutely correct, because this card is nothing short of brutal. The first time you're hit with this card for any more than one will make you cry.
i'm kind of surpriced they printed this when slaughter games  was in standard already...
please let it be XUB.

So...You want super Mind Twist that not only nukes their hand but also their library? No, thank you. I'd rather have it be reasonably costed than format-destroying.
please let it be XUB.

So...You want super Mind Twist that not only nukes their hand but also their library? No, thank you. I'd rather have it be reasonably costed than format-destroying.

I was exaggerating, jeez.

still too overcosted and conditional. 

Sad but true, it has come down to this for us Dimir fans

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
please let it be XUB.

I was exaggerating, jeez.

still too overcosted and conditional. 

This is actually almost completely unconditional.

Sad but true, it has come down to this for us Dimir fans

My money is on this being the art

Thank God. I can almost make a deck of people gripping their heads hysterically (Original Mind Rot art, not that linked).
Puresteel players unite! [Archetype] PURESTEEL
nah, best play would be...

T5: Devastation Tide
T6: This. BAMF.
illustrator | designer | time traveler www.hexproof.com
Thank God. I can almost make a deck of people gripping their heads hysterically (Original Mind Rot art, not that linked).

Are you counting people clutching at their heads in horror or agony?
Came for the flavor, stayed for the game. (10/4/2013: Discovered that I suppose I most closely resemble a Vorthos player, right after my odd obsession with making hyper-budget but effective decks and right before being a Johnny)
nah, best play would be...

T5: Devastation Tide
T6: This. BAMF.

Or...Turn 2 Heartless Summoning
turn 3 Crypt Ghast
end of turn 4 Cyclonic Rift.
Turn 5 ruin everything.
Black Tide Engage.
Just brutal...  might as well play out your hand or run a lot of answers like Duress, Nevermore, counterspells...
This would be so cool with [c]goblin electromancer[c\] or [c]plasm capture[c\]
I play for fun
Sign In to post comments