[DGM-ICD] Wake the Reflections

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
IMAGE(https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528172_10151436130127918_1076026678_n.png)

Wake the Reflections
Sorcery (Common)
Populate.
"You see a bird, an oak, a packbeast. I see the potential for an army" - Lalia, Selesnya Druid

@StarCityGames Facebook
Looks...lacking?
I like it.
I wish it was instant
proud member of the 2011 community team
extort friendly
i didn't think we were gonna see cards with mechanics on them :P 

truth be told, do you think people will run this in populate decks? i mean druid's deliverance offers fog for one more mana...

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
"packbeast"

she can't be talking about a certain pack rat can she?

truth be told, do you think people will run this in populate decks? i mean druid's deliverance offers fog for one more mana...

A 1 sided fog 
Token decks only. But has possibilities with bigger tokens... Could make cards like Stolen Identity and Cackling Counterpart have more value. Maybe.
I wish it was instant

I wish it was :gwm:. Populate is as much green as it is white, no?
Token decks only. But has possibilities with bigger tokens... Could make cards like Stolen Identity and Cackling Counterpart have more value. Maybe.

That's cheap for a free angel token from Gost.

too bad it's a sorcery and GoST angel tokens die at the end of combat

Exava, Lavinia, tajic and Varolz all had their guilds keywords. there is also the simic dude with evolve that puts a counter on other stuff whe he evolves. Not to mention being told they had to make fuse simple since they already and 10 keywords in the set (and being told all 10 would return back before spoilers of RTR). I mean  really it was kinda obvious.

As for the card: It's nice. Good tempo, sort of. 3 mana for two 3/3's is pretty good from what I hear. If you have a token it makes another body cheaper then they can remove it, which is always nice. But you have to have that token first, and theres the rub. Not to mention a couple other utility spells that populate fairly cheap and have added benefits. A nice simple card, that I really wish was named populate.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
meh...sorcery.

outclassed by instants such as: Sundering Growth, Rootborn Defenses, and Druid's Deliverance
Agree, it should be 1 cmc WG instant or maybe sorcery speed and cantrip
This falls under the catagory of: "common is common"

Nothing unexpected here, I do agree, I wish it was instant, but it is not so bah. 
Feels more green than white, but I like the card.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

A bit of a gamble in Limited, which is really the only place for it.  You'll have to pick it in pack one, when (presumably) most of the good token stuff will be in pack three.
Why is this a Sorcery. What purpose does that serve?
Has there ever been a Sorcery with one word on it? This is cool for that if nothing else.
My Commander decks! http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942477/Endrek_Sahr,_Master_of_Disaster http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942329/*Rumbling_Stomach_Noises*_Guildpact_Borborygmos_Deck
Boring
not boring.

too bad it's a sorcery and GoST angel tokens die at the end of combat

Awww....
So very meh

Making a copy of a token on your turn???????? Comprehension, people.

And I like this card. It's a common and it's cheap and it does a useful thing. A 3/3 for two? How about a 3/3 for one right after that?
Heya everyone, here are my homebrew threads: (yes there is only one right now, but there are more to come!) And Let There Be Fish-Men: KUO-TOA

It's to prevent you from putting out two 5/5 wurms out as instants would be my guess. Still has a place in my decks, makes hordes VERY quickly.
meh...sorcery.

outclassed by instants such as: Sundering Growth, Rootborn Defenses, and Druid's Deliverance

Agreed.

If this had been an Instant I would have played it. If it had populated twice I would have played it. But when there are other choices that do more, I would rather play them instead.

~ Tim   
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
meh...sorcery.

Agreed.

If this had been an Instant I would have played it. If it had populated twice I would have played it. But when there are other choices that do more, I would rather play them instead.

~ Tim   

I think that's rather the point, it DOES populate twice for the same cost. If you don't need to fog, or destroy immediately you'll just be holding on to those cards. You could play two reflections for the same price and not have to worry about it.
I think that's rather the point, it DOES populate twice for the same cost. If you don't need to fog, or destroy immediately you'll just be holding on to those cards. You could play two reflections for the same price and not have to worry about it.

Im not usually worried about a difference of 1 mana when populating, since you alreadyneed mana to be making tokens to begin with (its not like this needs to be played on a curve as a 1 drop). What does matter is the number of cards used, and the timing restrictions. 

~ Tim 

I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
This is fine. Would you rather have some terribly overcosted, unplayable populate effect?
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
This is fine. Would you rather have some terribly overcosted, unplayable populate effect?

Overpopulate
Sorcery
Populate.
Populate.
Populate.

Overpopulate
Sorcery
Populate.
Populate.
Populate.

Haha.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)

Overpopulate
Sorcery
Populate.
Populate.
Populate.

Haha.

At least make it an instant.
Just for that, you get this:

Slower-than-Sorcery

(You may only play this card if you didn't play a spell during your last turn)
I think we have a winner for shortest rules text ever.

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

I think we have a winner for shortest rules text ever.

Just the shortest in a noncreature.  For creatures, you have creatues with no rules text whatsoever, but even considering those that have rules text, "Haste" (as on Goblin Chariot), and "Flash" (as on King Cheetah) is less text than "Populate".

FWIW, the old record for noncreatures was Reach Through Mists.
See I was expecting something like this for proliferate 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Seems pretty unassuming until you see someone make a 5/5 Trampling Wurm for and leave mana open for tricks/counters/more creatures/etc...

I enjoy Cynthia Sheppard's art.  
MaRo got his one word card text.

Friggin reminder text ruining it. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
if we let x = (number of times the card has been made on ymtc)/(quality of design), this card has the highest value I've ever seen
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
if we let x = (number of times the card has been made on ymtc)/(quality of design), this card has the highest value I've ever seen

That.

But you can't argue that it's elegant and intuitive design. I just wish it was printed in RTR instead of taking up valuable space in DGM.... 

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Sign In to post comments