[DGM-ICD] Warped Physique

44 posts / 0 new
Last post

Warped Physique
Instant (U)

Target creature gets +X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of cards in your hand.
Dimir's Auger Spree? Also reminds me of Agony Warp. I first read that as "-X/-X", then realized that wasn't a "-" in front of the first X.

Oh god, it's an escapee from Return to Kamigawa.
Seems like decent instant speed removal for control.
Not the removal you want to be top decking. But still, removal is removal in limited.
it's also an awesome midrange pump card.

I mean this on a desecration demon with 5 cards in hand and boom. 10 damage. 
Whelp, thats removal all right.
Wonder if this will see play when Tragic Slip rotates.

Doubtful, this is pretty bad.

Oh how I miss that card in draft.
Yeah, this is preetty awful.

Not powerful enough for constructed
In limited, removal should generally be used on big creatures that are dominating the board. Good luck with this being any better than Auger Spree--rarely will this even kill big threats.

At least its reasonably versatile. 
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
i have a casual hinkering for some kresh the bloodbraided! sure, its 4 colors, but itll be fun!

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Get ready for it: people are going to screw up so bad with this card. "Let's see, how many cards in hand...1,2,3,4 YES! I can kill it! Warped Physique on your 4/4...Why didn't it die?! I could have sworn I had 4 cards in hand just a second ago..."
Get ready for it: people are going to screw up so bad with this card. "Let's see, how many cards in hand...1,2,3,4 YES! I can kill it! Warped Physique on your 4/4...Why didn't it die?! I could have sworn I had 4 cards in hand just a second ago..."

Ayep...

Now accept 7 damage to the dome.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
This is fairly solid.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

LoL 
That's so true 
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
Tricky, but cool card.

The best thing about it as the flavor text.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Seems bad to me.
Dimir has been a hit-and-miss 

"Hit and Miss"... Sorry... what?

Anyway, i dislike this card. It's very conditional, and a horrible card to topdeck.
The flavortext is awesome. But one thing feels of if you use this to buff your own creature, since when does dimir use something like that (to buff)?

Hit
Instant (C)

Hit deals 1 damage to target creature an opponent controls.

//

Miss
Instant (C)

Miss deals 1 damage to target creature you control.

Anyway, i dislike this card. It's very conditional, and a horrible card to topdeck.
The flavortext is awesome. But one thing feels of if you use this to buff your own creature, since when does dimir use something like that (to buff)?

sorry.

Hit OR miss.

as in some cards are decent, others are downright horrible 

sorry.

Hit OR miss.

as in some cards are decent, others are downright horrible 

I totally agree, but it's not just Dimir, mind you.
Seems bad to me.

You people are freaking spoiled.
Going to enjoy playing this on that indestructible Boros champion. Take that, Chuck Norris!

Seems like it might be good with the Nivix Cyclops, just spoiled. With three cards in hand, the lowly 1/4 defender becomes a 7/1 that can attack. 
Dimir get a combat trick that doubles as removal?  Kinda neat.  
I don't know why Shaheen considered this good.
I don't know why Shaheen considered this good.

some pretty god awful 2-drop instant removal spells have seen standard play lately. 
To me, this feels like it would have been more at place as a third of a Dimir Charm than as a card in its own right without the versatility of a charm.
Its okay. Not great but okay.
My first thought upon seeing the art was Hyde from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I'm really not seeing how people think this card is bad. It's no Agony Warp but it's very solid. 

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

I'm really not seeing how people think this card is bad. It's no Agony Warp but it's very solid. 

Agreed, and barring the miracle of Doom Blade being reprinted this will certainly see some standard play, especially post-rotation.
I would draft it in limited.
Excellent removal in a deck that's running Sphinx's Rev and company.
This is awesome design, I'm surprised Wizards never thought of this before.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
not impressed. I'd rather have more milling spells. I know that sounds rather spoiled, since there's Mirko Vosk and the "pay 2, mill 8" fuse card but this is just... not as good as Augur Spree. It's like comparing Mind Funeral to Mind Grind. Just not as powerful for the price you're paying.

Maybe good against indestructible in an Esper deck right after you Revelation for a bunch but still, there's better cards.

Newbs! Ask me your questions but always question my answers ;)

EDH decks I play:

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4025591

Now I just want some Dimir-flavored draw (I'm not counting Last Thoughts - it's too damn expensive!).  Something like

Buried Secrets 1BU  Sorcery
Draw a card for each Land that enters an enemy's graveyard this turn.

Or, well, I can dream...

~DD
I think this card is gonna work well in my Grixis deck I'm building. They throw at thragtusk at me and I bump my [C]Augur of Bolas[/C] and trade. Or just use it as flat out removal.
How is this card bad? It's hard removal early in the game and also get's rid of problem creatures like Aristocrat at any point in the game (assuming you have a card in hand). This is also likely to be played in decks with Rev, so you will likely have a decent number of cards in hand even in the late game.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein My H/W List