[DGM-ICD] Deadbridge Chant

59 posts / 0 new
Last post
My Dredge-O-Plasm wants this, not just for mill, but reanimating at random could be useful too.

Yay for EDH mythics ^_^
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
This is pretty sweet.  At the very least, it's a Staff of Nin with a lot more upside.  It's also got to be really annoying to play with in paper, having to determine randoms between 1 and 10+ all the time.
Cool. Something to go over the top with in control matchups. Not super amazing though.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Could see this doing great against a control deck, this is slow advantage that eats at the opponent.
lol homage to dredge.

why random?

I mean it's CA every turn it sticks around so i guess you can't complain. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Seems strong, a little too slow for standard play, but good most place else.
Great casual card. Guess thats the reason it was in Serious Fun. 
why random?

To paraphrase Aaron Forsythe
"Sometimes you get a creature.  Sometimes you get a spell.  Whee! Things!"

Or, more accurately, it's because reanimating something every upkeep is preposterously strong.
why random?

Or, more accurately, it's because reanimating something every upkeep is preposterously strong.

Except when it costs 6 mana, delays a turn, and doesn't always happen.
Have this in play, exile your graveyard, play time warp, possibly win the game?

Go go gadget janky deck!

"Just put +1/+1 counters!" -Wizards new motto

why random?

Except when it costs 6 mana, delays a turn, and doesn't always happen.

Agreed, this card is pretty bad. Golgari got some good cards though. I can't complain to much.
Considering golgari as a whole in this block they got good stuff and this just adds to it aint the orzhov guy but its unique to its guild, its essentially a sheoldred with more protection without the sac and essentially regrowth each turn.
Is it just me or does the art here look an awful lot like Savra? I mean, the same tools, the same hair, the same skin color, and a very very similar outfit.
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
Is it just me or does the art here look an awful lot like Savra? I mean, the same tools, the same hair, the same skin color, and a very very similar outfit.

Probably just one of Jarad's high council or wotsit.
Considering golgari as a whole in this block they got good stuff and this just adds to it aint the orzhov guy but its unique to its guild, its essentially a sheoldred with more protection without the sac and essentially regrowth each turn.

Oh no dude, this is nothing like Sheoldred, Whispering One. Sheoldred may have been slow and nearly unplayable in standard, but she had a really good effect for 7 mana. If, she lived long enough.

It's a Savrastafarian. They're Savra cosplayers. Huge trend in Ravnica right now. Big with the Korozda crowd.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Staff of Nin is a card, and this is seems better.
This is pretty sweet.  At the very least, it's a Staff of Nin with a lot more upside.  It's also got to be really annoying to play with in paper, having to determine randoms between 1 and 10+ all the time.

D20s dude!   

It's a Savrastafarian. They're Savra cosplayers. Huge trend in Ravnica right now. Big with the Korozda crowd.

Hahahahahahaha

Have this in play, exile your graveyard, play time warp, possibly win the game?

Go go gadget janky deck!

Hey that is a really neat idea actually!

I bet Travis Woo's gonna come up with something similar (if not exactly that) and try to make it "competitive"

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
It could be a really fun card to mess around with.  I'm just not sure how good it's actually gonna prove to be in edh.

you can shuffle your graveyard and pick one without looking...
Everything seems to be built for Highlander these days.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Everything seems to be built for Highlander these days.

Be careful about your words, lest the EDH-only crowd will jump at you.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
By far my favourite card spoiled so far. As some have pointed out, cleaning out your graveyard and casting a time warp is game if not answered. Heck, even putrefying each turn will be hard to answer.

Might just dust down my gnaw to the bone.dec and give that a go.
Between this and that Orzhov rare, Reanimator is probably gonna be staying after rotation. It's just gonna have a diffrent twist on it without the unburial rites to flashback.

You can shuffle your graveyard and pick one without looking...

Are you actually allowed to shuffle your graveyard? I know there's at least one card that cares about the order of your graveyard.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

You can shuffle your graveyard and pick one without looking...

Are you actually allowed to shuffle your graveyard? I know there's at least one card that cares about the order of your graveyard.

Had to look this up. 

According to Comprehensive Rules, you cannot however it does state that there is an allowance for certain tournement rules.

*However* the Magic Tournement rules supercede these rules and state that you can shuffle your library in any format that does not include Pre-Urza block stuff.

So it should be fine.
Ah!!!!!!! SAVRAAAAAA!!!!!!!! EFFING A!!
Nope its Savra alright. The clothing matches exactly, down to the cow skull on her right shoulder. Looks like her clothes are a bit tattered but that makes sense if she has been reanimated, likely by her brother Jarad.

Savra, Queen of the Golgari. All hail the Golgari!
DDDDDAAAAAAAAYYYYYUUUUUUUMMMMM.

Debtor's Knell eat your heart out. 
Ok.
So they want Golgari to be standard playable, but not Orzhov.

Got it. 
I believe the rules allow for any format that doesn't have graveyard order cards to shuffle their graveyards, so as long as you're not playing legacy or vintage, you're fine.

Also, yeah that is definitely Savra in the art.
Best bet, they commissioned the art in Rav classic, the card they were using it for got killed in development, and they couldn't find a suitable replacement.
Some time later, they find a design it could work for, and hope no one notices.
Or, maybe she isn't dead. Or not dead anymore, or something...
I believe the rules allow for any format that doesn't have graveyard order cards to shuffle their graveyards, so as long as you're not playing legacy or vintage, you're fine.

Or EDH or Pauper or Singleton 100 or Casual or...

If it didnt mill me for 10 this would feel mythic.
synergy with possessed portal: 4/5.  would be 5 if it was an artifact my gobbos could put into play from the yard.

Or EDH or Pauper or Singleton 100 or Casual or...

However in casual formats or non competive versions of those it's only a problem if someone is actually using those cards. Luckily in my play gorup most of us don't have access to them.

If it didnt mill me for 10 this would feel mythic.

the mill 10 is set up, make sure you got stuff to get back.

IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
If on turn 5 or 6 you need it to mill you to have things to bring back, they probably already play rest in peace and you are screwed or you built your deck incorrectly. Personally I think they must have decided that milling you was a required drawback, which in my opinion makes this feel less mythic and more rare.
1-sided Debtor's Knell?