using 'defy death'

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Im wondering if this is how this card works... say i have a white deck with all white lands. If i put Prime speaker Zegana in my deck and discard it to my gravehard which requires blue and green mana, can i use 'defy death' to bring it to the battlefield without the required mana?
Yes, defy death can return any creature card in your graveyard, and the only thing you need to pay is .
wow... i think im really starting to understand how to be powerful in this game thanks to you folks. 
wow... i think im really starting to understand how to be powerful in this game thanks to you folks. 

That plan is well known and as been for quite some time: reanimator.

Put some powerful fatties in your deck but never hardcast them, reanimate them!

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

I have watched Youtube videos of reanimator, but didnt understand quite how it worked. Having never played, my goal is to understand the mechanics with the goal of WINNING my first game. Lofty goal but i think i have a good chance Thanks again everyone for your replies.
Love the enthusiasm, I play games with my brother in law alot, but he can never decide what to keep in a 60 card deck which most people seem to play with so he has around 10 100+ card decks, he seems to want every overpowered card in them.
Douchebag is a triggered effect for using the internet.
I can see why someone would think to do that, but it seems to me it would reduce three chance of getting relevant cards. Not every powerful card is useful in every deck.
...my goal is to understand the mechanics with the goal of WINNING my first game...

I can see why someone would think to do that, but it seems to me it would reduce three chance of getting relevant cards. Not every powerful card is useful in every deck.

It would seem you are well on your way there, it takes some people a long time to learn this.

Level 1 Judge