[DGM - ICD] Legion's Initiative

95 posts / 0 new
Last post

Source: TCGPlayer

Legion's Initiative   
Enchantment - (M)
Red creatures you control get +1/+0
White creatures you control get +0/+1

, Exile Legion's Initiative:  Exile all creatures you control.  At the beginning of the next combat, return those cards to the battlefield under their owner's control and those creatures gain haste until end of turn.
neat
"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead." —Jaya Ballard, task mage
May add this to my Aurelia EDH deck just for the protection from wraths, with anthem being a nifty side effect.
We need more wrath hate. There clearly isn't enough.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Boros gets this AND boros charm for wrath protection?  Ugh...  and if the boros player is using wrath effects, frontline medic helps too.
What a beast of a card of a card the idea of having even a restoration angel and a augur bolas blinked is amazing value. Also the wording on the card that it returns on the next combat step is huge, it allows your opponent to have little value out of their turn if they have to sweep.
Another two drop mythic.........
Better yet, this can give your creatures haste.
Hmm. Block with everything, then exile before combat damage. Pop back in to attack, pop out as soon as a sweeper appears. Gruul will still walk all over you if they have any trample, but this can cause major problems otherwise.

Hey- is that Niv-Mizzet trying to avoid being impaled in the artwork?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Hmm. Block with everything, then exile before combat damage. Pop back in to attack, pop out as soon as a sweeper appears. Gruul will still walk all over you if they have any trample, but this can cause major problems otherwise.

Hey- is that Niv-Mizzet trying to avoid being impaled in the artwork?

Sure is.  That was my thoughts as well, so it seems that Boros is going after him.  Also interesting to note is the UG counterspell, with a Simic mage battle Niv as well.

Curious...

I want to like it...a lot. 

However.....it doesn't seem to synergize very well with the potential token-craziness that Boros has to offer.

Having said that, I still think it has a place in my Agrus Kos (AHEM) Tajik Soldier Commander deck.
We need more wrath hate. There clearly isn't enough.

This one isn't good though. You should be more upset about Boros Charm than this garbage. 
Can't understand why this is Mythic, seriously. -_-"

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Agree, it doesn't feel Mythic, but the anthem effect won't be irrelevant, and the flicker ability is pretty cool.

"I will diminish, and go into the west, and there remain SgtPepperjack. Y'know, you really ought to come along with me."

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

Name and mana costs suggest that this is a spell used against Niv-Mizzet, so the little soilder guys won't be all crispy after the dragon sneezes.
Name and mana costs suggest that this is a spell used against Niv-Mizzet, so the little soilder guys won't be all crispy after the dragon sneezes.

Well.....at least the ones that live through the whole exiling process, anyway...

Interesting in that it allows Aurelia three combat phases. (Attack, exile, attack again, attack again.)
goldnight commander

that's all in colors without even trying and using all jank cards

not to mention champion of the parish etc

>lists a bunch of jank cards
>says they're nto jank cards 

Hm.
goldnight commander
azorius justiciar
silverblade paladin
niblis of the mist
kessig malcontents
fiend hunter
fervent cathar
court street denizen
kruin striker
azorius arrester
foundry street denizen

+

battalion

that's all in colors without even trying and using all jank cards

not to mention champion of the parish etc

>lists a bunch of jank cards
>says they're nto jank cards 

what I was trying to say is it seems mythic to me since it makes that heap listed above quite punishing

it's great with enters the battlefield
it's great with target creature can't block
it's great with detain
it's great with battalion
it's great with souldbound
it prevents board wipe
it pumps

it's a sorcery speed ghostway that gives haste

edit sarnath'd
At end of turn I exile my creatures, they blink back in. Did we really need an affordable blink effect in a standard ruled by enters the battlefield effects!!!???!
At end of turn I exile my creatures, they blink back in. Did we really need an affordable blink effect in a standard ruled by enters the battlefield effects!!!???!

I think it returns them the next combat step, so you'd be giving haste to your defenders, which is sub-optimal in my opinion
On the other hand, this can turn Naturalize into a one-sided board wipe for your opponent. Laughing
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
and.... more love for Thragtusk and reanimation decks

this card seems good to me.
Sure this card is going to do some crazy things but at least they didn't make it repeatable.
On the other hand, this can turn Naturalize into a one-sided board wipe for your opponent. Laughing

I thought because exiling it is part of the cost, you don't exile any creatures if they destroy it in response to you triggering it.
The card itself is quite flexible though. Be it for untap/haste shenanigangs, removaldodging or pseudo-vigilance.
Still - utilitycards shouldn't be mystic. Was wrong for Lotus Cobra, is wrong for this card.

I thought because exiling it is part of the cost, you don't exile any creatures if they destroy it in response to you triggering it.

Nevermind, I didn't see the "Exile this enchantment to bounce." Thought it could be done at any time and repeated... which would mean if it went away, the creatures would stay exiled.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
does the enchantment come back too?!? or does it stay exiled? confused on the wording with that

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
"Return those cards to the battlefield"... is this enchantment included in "those cards"?

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

You can use this on your opponent's turn and go into your combat and simply not attack, you can use this during their upkeep, then they return untapped during their combat. Seems stupid.
Yes this enchantment is included.
Probably good in naya!

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!

Wait, no its not included I think.
I want a playset.

I'm 99.9% sure it's not repeatable.

I'm 99.9% sure it's not repeatable.

i feel like this should be a rare if its not

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Repeatable would be so broken and abusable.
I'm pretty sure that since Exiling the Initiative is an additional cost, it won't return itself to the battlefield as an effect of it's ability. It would be a whole lot better if you could, but the way it is now isn't half bad at all.

"I will diminish, and go into the west, and there remain SgtPepperjack. Y'know, you really ought to come along with me."

www.nogoblinsallowed.com