[DGM-ICD] Possibility Storm

62 posts / 0 new
Last post
Possibility Storm

Enchantment (R)

Whenever a player casts a spell from his or her hand, that player exiles it, the exiles card from the top of his or her library until he or she exiles a card that shares a card type with it. That player may cast that card without paying its mana cost. Then he or she puts all cards exiled with Possibility Storm on the bottom of his or her library in a random order.

We get one of these every set now?
What a dumb name.
What's that, Wizards? You'd like me to continue playing my Hive Mind/Eye of the Storm EDH deck? Well, ok, if you insist...
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Seems like a casual-Standard Curse deck would be pretty fun right now.
Oooh that's fun. This will be sweet in that chaos EDH deck I keep meaning to build...
Ramp this out turn 2/3 with some rituals, then start playing Memnite or Ornithopter until you hit Eldrazi.

Edit: And you get to CAST the exiled card? lol I hope this is a thing.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
This is pretty hilarious as far as terrible red enchantments go.
Johnny will break it.
Notice that whenever you cast a spell, you cast two spells. That is just a little bit insane with Guttersnipe or extort, etc. This looks better and better every time I see it.
AND it can mess with your opponents. That 10-drop Sphinx's Revelation they played just became a Azorius Charm cantrip; that Thragtusk became an Arbor Elf

This is really incredible. I dig it.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
If I go through with melek EDH deck this will be in it: 3 spells for the price of one? Yeah I can swing it. If I still had Rikku this would be in there too. Never mind on re read it's only 2, and 1 random at that. Less thrilled with it now. Unless I'm missreading you cast a spell get a different one of same type. No extra spell, just random. Good for causing chaos if that's your thing.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
I don't see any way in which Melek synergizes with this.
This is why we don't need to design EDH enchantments for YMTC 4.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Well, you are guarenteed at least one copy of the initial card to cast.

Melek requires you to cast from the library for the copy ability.  This requires you to cast from hand for its ability to trigger and then casts a spell from exile.
Dumb name but I can see tons of casual fun with this card.
would this override Tamiyo's ultimate? cuz if not... woa...

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Griselbrand (French)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

would this override Tamiyo's ultimate? cuz if not... woa...

The final spell you end up casting would go from the stack to the graveyard, and thus into your hand. The initial spell gets exiled then put on the bottom of your library. So it's not really synergizing at all.

Which you then get back in your deck...but that can be either good or bad depending on how you look at it. 

The random moments of pulling time stretch off a coppied counterspell or something could be totally worth it...but it could bite you in the butt too. In the end it's too inconsitant, but I read it wuickly and made myself think it was better than it is.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project

Melek requires you to cast from the library for the copy ability.  This requires you to cast from hand for its ability to trigger and then casts a spell from exile.

Like I said above, read it too fast.
You are Red/Blue!
thought so. Definitely interested to see if someone can go infinite (or near infinite) with this thing and just keep throwing spell after spell.

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Griselbrand (French)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

Why is it that whenever I see a red enchantment with more than three lines of text, I know it's going to be some random effect card that will only be fun on the table top?

Red so rarely gets fun, quality enchantments.
In the end it's too inconsitant, but I read it wuickly and made myself think it was better than it is.

That's why Johnny builds around symmetrical effects to make them asymmetrical in his favor. What if, for example, you play this with Guttersnipe, and nearly every sorcery or instant in your deck is cheap and cantrips?
This would not be playable if it didn't interfere with your opponent as well. It completely hoses Sphinx's Revelation, Rakdos's Return and makes play in general for your opponent frustrating. Play counterspells with it and you can be sure they won't resolve anything worthwhile.

Ruric Thar likes this as well.

Other things to do:
Use Tibbers to slam a Niccy B.
Use other non-essential card types. Prophetic Prism to cheat out Akroma's Memorial or Staff of Nin
Read again. Infinitetly worse than I thought it was.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
why cascade you're an enchantment now.
have that out, play only omniscience and a 1 mana enchantment.
Wait...5 mana?  I'm used to cards like this costing about 8 (see: Warp World...which was constructed playable).

I think this card has constructed potential.  Like...what if this was included in a Standard reanimator deck?  Those decks run a fair few manadorks that could be turned into big creatures.  If you do end up with Unburial Rites or a large creature in hand, just discard it to one of your discard effects.  Notably, this only triggers off cards in hand, so unburial rights in the graveyard won't get warped into something else.  And if your opponent tries to counter you, this screws up their counterspells.  It's also a way to be not completely dead to grafdigger's cage post-board.

I mean, effects like this are inherently very hard to evaluate, but 5 mana seems unusually cheap for "the entire game goes crazy."

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Not looking forward to playing against this + Curse of Exhaustion again
Not looking forward to playing against this + Curse of Exhaustion again

Hot.
lol gonna play this in EDH and replace it with Havoc Festival (yes, I play Havoc festival in my Grixis EDH deck), it's pretty funny.

Grixis control just got more fun xD  
Isochron Scepter thinks this card is hilarious.

As does Bloodbraid Elf.
Isochron Scepter thinks this card is hilarious.

As does Bloodbraid Elf.

Oh, huh, I guess Cascade just gets you two random spells out of your deck (in the case of BBE, one of which has CMC 3 or less, the other is a creature).  Not bad.

I don't think Isochron Scepter really interacts with this, though.  The card does have "cast a spell from their hand", and even though the stick is a little bit weird (copy the spell and then cast the copy) I don't think the copy counts as being in your hand.  Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

top effects probably break this, eh? And if not it's still another fun card.

EDIT: Don't bet around the bush, call it Possibility Cascade.
I am Blue/Black
Guttersnipe + split cards galor FTW!!!

How the heck will that work anyway?

This --> Instant split card both sides --> new split card... What happens?? Choose which side to play? Play both sides? Draw another card?

It DOES state "cast that CARD" -- and not "that spell" -- so I guess we can cast split CARDS because it does not refer to SPELL.

----------

That does mean that IF you cast both sides of a split spell, the effect triggers twice, and then you can cast another two spells on each of TWO other split card without paying their mana costs.
Cast 1 split card --> Get two other split cards --> Cast four spells for the price of one split card.

I sense erratta / rules templating headaches incoming.

However, this is a cute way to cast Omniscience.

Ugh...

1 cmc creatures + Griselbrand
1 cmc enchantments + 2x omniscience + 4x this
2 cmc planeswalkers + Nicol Bolas

Loads of control spells and artifacts.
Well this sure is interesting.
once again another card that wont work with melek :/ lol but cool card none the less

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Guttersnipe + split cards galor FTW!!!

How the heck will that work anyway?

This --> Instant split card both sides --> new split card... What happens?? Choose which side to play? Play both sides? Draw another card?

It DOES state "cast that CARD" -- and not "that spell" -- so I guess we can cast split CARDS because it does not refer to SPELL.

----------

That does mean that IF you cast both sides of a split spell, the effect triggers twice, and then you can cast another two spells on each of TWO other split card without paying their mana costs.
Cast 1 split card --> Get two other split cards --> Cast four spells for the price of one split card.

I sense erratta / rules templating headaches incoming.

They've already established that splitfuse cards can only be cast fused if cast from-the-hand.  If they're cast any other way you have to pick one side or the other.

And if you Fuse a split card, you still have only cast one spell (but that one spell delivers effects from both spells on the card, left then right).

www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.a...

So in your scenario, I see:

Cast 1 spell (splitfuse, single half, or a regular card) --> Get one other card (a regular card or one half of a split) --> Cast 1 spell for the price of one spell.

You should get two Guttersnipings in though.  Not as a result of any splits, just because two spells are getting cast (the one this exiles and the one this finds).
I hated it at first but now I want 16. I dont even know why.
This card completely shuts down all of the X spells and it can't even effectively be removed.

The combo with Curse Of Exhaustion is a real one this time around I think also.
Absolutly enjoying ways to potentally break this card.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
I wonder how this and Nivmagus Elemental will work together...

Plus I think I see one way, but a very narrow one, Malek and this can sort of work together. With Malek you'll always see what's on top of your deck so you have a card you can't cast with Malek, creature or enchantment, and you have one of those types in your hand that you can. True not the best use, but at least an idea.
Shout out to Islands - think I finally found a use for Tibalt ;)
double pumps quirion dryad and blistercoil weird every non-green inst or sorcery spell you cast
Too expensive for this to be playable, but it's one of those fun Johnny-ish cards anyway.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Sign In to post comments