You make the D&D Card!

103 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have this bad feeling that someone is going to say this is a stupid idea. But here we go: 
How to play-
Grade the last poster's card based on relevance to the actual Dungeons & Dragons monster/spell/equipment, as well as playability (like mana cost, power, toughness). Try gradign on a 1-10 basis.
Complete the criteria left by the last poster. 
Leave your own criteria.

Criteria must be either a Dungeons and Dragons monster, equipment, or spell.
For reference:  www.d20srd.org/indexes/monsters.htm
www.d20srd.org/indexes/equipment.htm
www.d20srd.org/indexes/spells.htm

Thanks for Playing!

Criteria: make a Gelatinous Cube
www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/ooze.htm#gel...

Show
Upon the day that dragons were born, so to was the first white wig worn, by men who wished to make the world theirs, and in the process sorcery tears - the very fabric of space and time, dragging the dragons right into their prime, these monstrous beasts in philosophical mansions, stood right in the way of colonial expansions. To break these beasts a hero must be found, a hero of the future who can stand the sound - of centuries past and voices unfettered, and someone who'll carve dragon graves lettered - R, I, and P the three sacred symbols, that curse the dead to a land without gimbals. A land they'll never leave, because escape cannot conceive - itself, out of the grip of this mustachio'd hero, a Roosevelt who is comparable to zero. Family crest tattooed on his chest, the baddest m****rf****r this side of the West. And to the dismay of the colonial fools, their futuristic hero had to play by the rules, and the hero chosen by the dragons themselves, they summoned with a tome pulled from dusty shelves. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, or so they said, as their dragon tails were waggin'. And up from the depths, as the earth shook, the Oldest of Ones opened eyes for a look - at the battle that was about to be waged, the human champion that stood enraged - on the precipice between hither and yon, to battle this most eldritch scion. And with that, the tension was broken, the combat began, and each soul had spoken - its very last words, because as soon as time had started, so to had it ended, and sentience departed.
Gelatinous Cube

Creature – Ooze (U)
4/4

Trample
If a creature dealt damage by Gelatinous Cube this turn would die, instead exile that creature and all Auras and Equipment attached to it. Put X +1/+1 counters on Gelatinous Cube, where X is that creature's toughness.

Criteria: Make a bag of holding.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Bag of Holding
Artifact
You may draw cards from outside the game.

Next: Raggamoffyn

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Golden Protector

Creature - Lammassu Dragon

Flying, lifelink.

: Golden Protector deals 10 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.

4/4
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
what...

Also, didn't read that I had to grade.
@cube: I fear that it might not survive combat often enough to where the ability is all that relevant, and trample feels somewhat odd. I do like that it 's easier to use when blocking though, bringing forth the image of all the adventurers that accidentally run into one. I would also like the slow digestion to be represented better, although it's overall a very solid card. Probably in the 7+ range.

Yxoque wrote:

Before re-reading the OP: 
Show
@Bag:  This seems like an unnatural design.  As for capturing the Bag of Holding...I don't think this does it at all.  You would still have to place items into the bag, there are bags of various size, creatures can be killed in them, portals can be opened (which your design kind of captures)...etc.  I give it a 1. (Unless its an unnatural design, then I give it a 5.)

Its seems the objective is not "translate it into Magic" but rather just make a *CRITERIA*.

With that in mind, the grade:  @Bag:  Cool concept, like a Wish, but useable anytime you draw a card.  I think its worded in an unnatural way.  Either way I think 5 is way to cheap for the ability.  Granted, in an official game, you can only use it 15 times and it keeps you from thinning your deck, but that is 15 very specific draws.  I give it a 5.

Raggamoffyn      
Artifact Creature - Construct
: Gain control of target creature until end of turn.  It gains haste until end of turn.
: Destroy another target artifact.  Put a token that's a copy of Raggamoffyn onto the battlefield.
1/2

Make a Beholder...cause I can't figure out how to navigate that Wiki...

Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
The bag can do a whole lot of things because D&D likes to have niche case rules for every damn thing, but that doesn't mean trying to accomodate for that in a single design is worth it. When I think "Bag of Holding", I think "I want a bag that lets me carry limitless amounts of crap". Therefore, you can bring items from your sideboard. Very few buy a bag of holding with the intent of opening portals, and my card didn't even attempt to convey that.

I mean, your card doesn't have an immunity to poisons, doesn't represent any ability to constrict through small spaces, doesn't actually need to grab anything to gain control of it (which is actually fairly relevant, but whatever), nor can it suffocate creature.

But that's okay, because you didn't choose to incorporate those elements in the design. And my bag is just that. A bag that can hold a lot of cards. If I linked you to Web, I wouldn't want you to make a card that explicitly fulfills the same function, because the rules on that spell are terrible.

Yxoque wrote:

Yeah, I tried to catch my grade before you read it, but my internet crapped out.  That said I managed to copy and paste it...but it seems it did go through, wierd.

Anyways, I wasn't trying to say your card had to capture ALL of that, just that any of those options were missing.

Didn't D&D used to have a Bag of Wishes or something, that let you draw whatever you thought about...

EDIT - Oh, and while my card doesn't specifically say "grab ahold of" Magic has a history of representing a card physically restraining another creature simply by tapping.  Which is exactly what i was trying to capture there.  I just didn't want to add all the as long as it's tapped business...thus a simple "until end of turn" clause.
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
Abhorrent Beholder |
Creature - Eye Wizard

Split Second, Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, players can't cast spells until end of turn.

4/3

How about an Owlbear?
How about an Owlbear?

Owlbear 
Creature - Bird Bear
When Owlbear enters the battlefield, look at the top three cards of your library and put them back in any order.
"This was obviously made by a wizard..."
2/2

Next thingy:  A Displacer Beast.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Hmmm... Not sure how owlbear would rework an opponents library when it comes in to play, based on the Wikipedia post, could represent the game a bit better in that reguard. But not a bad card. 5

Displacer Beast
Creature Beast
Hexproof
Whenever ~ attacks flip this card over and put another card from outside of the game facedown on the table and shuffle them. The opponent chooses one of the two cards. If ~ is choosen it can be blocked this turn. If not, it is unblockable until the end of the turn.
"How are we to defend ourselves against something that may not be where it is?" 3/3

Next is Transmute Metal to Wood: www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/transmuteMetal...
I like the displacement effect, but besides aesthetic reasons, why not just flip a coin? Does the other face down card go back out of the game after?

Metal to Wood
Sorcery (R)
All artifacts lose all abilities and become Forest lands. (They have ": Add to your mana pool." They're no longer artifacts. This effect lasts indefinitely.)

Ironically, the D&D spell states "Artifacts cannot be transmuted"

Rust monster www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/rustMonster....
@Steinhauser: The idea does make things less complicated. Thanks for pointing that out. Ought to re-write the card, but will leave the original post as is for now.
This is a pretty sweet card. It's taking my nom this week. 10/10

Not a lot of places to go with a rust monster, I guess.

Rust Monster
Creature - Insect
Haste
Prevent all damage to Rust Monster dealt by artifacts and equipped creatures.
. : Destroy target artifact. Put a +1/+1 counter on Rust Monster.
1/2

Tarrasque
Rust Monster is a good card. Is that an untap symbol? It would make more sense and be more playable as a tapping ability. And it seems like more of a red creature. 7/10

Tarrasque
Legendary Creature - Beast
Hexproof, Trample
~ Cannot be blocked except by 3 or more creatures.
10/10

I hope this fits the bill, it was written with haste.

Make an Aboleth.

Show
Upon the day that dragons were born, so to was the first white wig worn, by men who wished to make the world theirs, and in the process sorcery tears - the very fabric of space and time, dragging the dragons right into their prime, these monstrous beasts in philosophical mansions, stood right in the way of colonial expansions. To break these beasts a hero must be found, a hero of the future who can stand the sound - of centuries past and voices unfettered, and someone who'll carve dragon graves lettered - R, I, and P the three sacred symbols, that curse the dead to a land without gimbals. A land they'll never leave, because escape cannot conceive - itself, out of the grip of this mustachio'd hero, a Roosevelt who is comparable to zero. Family crest tattooed on his chest, the baddest m****rf****r this side of the West. And to the dismay of the colonial fools, their futuristic hero had to play by the rules, and the hero chosen by the dragons themselves, they summoned with a tome pulled from dusty shelves. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, or so they said, as their dragon tails were waggin'. And up from the depths, as the earth shook, the Oldest of Ones opened eyes for a look - at the battle that was about to be waged, the human champion that stood enraged - on the precipice between hither and yon, to battle this most eldritch scion. And with that, the tension was broken, the combat began, and each soul had spoken - its very last words, because as soon as time had started, so to had it ended, and sentience departed.
That's a pretty good rare tarrasque, but I think you could do better with an attempt at a mythic rare tarrasque. Indestructibility, or some way to regenerate would be suitable too I think. Which brings me to my second point: Should be green.
EDIT: Do I need to give a number rating? 4/10

Aboleth Slaver
Creature - Fish Mutant (M)
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a creature, that creature becomes 1/1 and gains "This creature can't block." Remove all damage from that creature. (Remove the damage only if it survived combat.)
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you control that player during his or her next turn.
3/6

Make a D&D style kobold. You know, a dragon rat.
You don't need to. Grading in some way, is however required. I'm sorry for the missing points. Once again, hastily written. The aboleth is cool! I am having trouble determining what is overpowered and what isn't...... I suppose that if this creature was up against a token deck, it would take quite a long time to gain control of the player. However, it is black/blue: two colors essential in unblockability (mainly blue, actually). I can't imagine this loaded with ciphers.... wow. 6/10 for slight overpower.

This is slightly challenging just because they don;t have many special abilities.... but I think I can muster something up.

Kobold Trapper 
Creature - Kobold / Common
Flash
When ~ enters the battlefield, exile target creature with power 2 or less.
1/1

You might argue with the color, but they are said to live in "Deep Forest and Underground". And their only real ability is trap-making.

Make a Chuul.

BTW, how do all of you make the named links?

Show
Like the way the Kobold card feels, not terribly powerful but has the mischief of their kind. Almost feel these could be allies of the goblins. 8/10

Chull
Creature Aboration
Whenever ~ deals damage to another creature tap that creature, it does not untap during the controllers next turn.
: Deal 1 damage to target creature. You can only use this ability once per turn on your turn.
"I don't know what is worse, to feel its grasp or see its horrible face," 3/6

Next: Death Knell
www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/deathKnell.htm
Chuul: The paralytic grasp is well conveyed, and the P/T are appropriate for an insectile creature with 11 HD, if a little high. However, the second ability, if it is intended to be the Chuul's grab, doesn't match the convention of tapping for grabbing (see: Giant Oyster and Raggamoyfn from earlier). Finally, what about the grab requires that the Chuul receives an extra infusion of mana? Overall, would give this card a 7/10.

Death Knell    

Instant

Exile target creature card that entered a graveyard this phase. Gain life equal to its toughness and at the beginning of your next main phase add to your mana pool equal to its power.

"A small incantation can make things so much faster."

I dunno how to word the last bit about mana. : I

Next D&D card is an Acid Fog: www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/acidFog.htm
Feh.
Death Knell: It definitely seems to fit the D&D description. However, three mana pushes the range above a comfortable amount for an ability with such a strong dependency. Sure, it's ideal for us to think that we've got tons of combo materia available to us within a color's arsenal—yet in reality, when we get into the game—you'll find that even getting even two specific pieces together and being able to use them in unison isn't anywhere as easy as we had imagined it (specially when the combined cost is four or greater). It's just fancy ideals that these options with be easily available to us, but the wisest thing to do is keep strict proportions to the costs. I think its nice design, but I fear it would be hard to put to good use outside of draft formats.

Acid Fog
:rgm::rgm:
Enchantement
Each player skips their combat phase.
Permanents can't be targeted and targets for permanent sources can't be chosen.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice ~. It deals 1 damage to each creature and each player.

Next card: Share Pain, Forced www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/shareP...

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/74/Spr_5b_645.png)

You just made it so easy. it has fog in the name

Acid fog

instant 

Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.

Acid fog Deasl one damage to each attacking creature.

monsterfinder.dndrunde.de/details.php?id...

Search up a picture of it also. 
Acid Fog :rgm::rgm:
Enchantement
Each player skips their combat phase.
Permanents can't be targeted and targets for permanent sources can't be chosen.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice ~. It deals 1 damage to each creature and each player.

Red doesn't prevent damage or grant hexproof and green doesn't really deal direct damage, so this card is pretty whacked as far as color pie goes. I also think a lot of complexity could have been avoided by making it an instant like froofroo's card. I do like the mechanical flavor, though, especially the flavor of concealment. 6/10

Forced Share Pain
()
Instant (R)

Choose target creature. If a source would deal damage to either you or that creature this turn while that creature is on the battlefield, it deals half that damage, rounded down, to both you and that creature instead.

Criteria: Make the spell sending.

Embrace imagination.

Goad to see that everyone is so in to this!

Forced Share Pain is cool. It makes sense. What more can I say? It's stable, and it is like the spell. 8/10

This is a hard one.

Sending 

Sorcery
Search your library for a creature card and exile it with 3 time counters on it. It gains suspend if it did not already have it.
Lucius! I need your help!

It's basically a mage sending a distress signal to a friend, telepathically. That is what sending is about, yes? It's 5 mana because it's a level 5 spell. Possibly too overpowered.

This one is sort of difficult, and requires you to make a feat... make an enchantment card that resembles some kind of Armor Proficiency.
www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#armorProfic...

Show
Yeah, I think maybe I should have made the cost something like—. That color hybrid cost doesn't look as appealing on paper. I wanted to keep it open to monocolor though, because Warlocks are like Sorcerers and they are very red—thus a technique like this is well within the capabilities of a Warlock.

Hmm... Not bad. Like the way you kept the essence of the spell. Not sure the creature tutor feels blue, but the suspend effect does. Overpowered? Possibly. But cool idea. 8/10

Now let's see...

Armor Proficiency
Enchantment
Any creature with an equipped artifact has +0/+1 for each artifact.
"If you don't know your armor, death comes fast,"

Armor Proficiency :gwm:
Enchantment — Aura 
When ~ enters the battlefield, draw a card.
As long as enchanted creature gets +0/+X, for each ability enchanted creature has, it gains X points of that ability.

Didn't notice that I forgot a grade on Death Knell, so I've just provided that now.

Didn't notice that I forgot a grade on Death Knell, so I've just provided that now.

@GM_Champion: Neither of us put up a next card... plus we have two of the same spell nameTongue Out Oh well. Think the next card should be an ability as well: Blind-Fight
 www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#blindFight
@Shockwave: I'll be grading yours because GM_Champion's was a little late. The ability is cool, and it works like the feat. Sort of. All in all, pretty good. 7/10

Blind-Fight
 Enchantment
Creatures with shroud and hexproof can be targeted as normal.
Going to cower in the shadows, invisible man? No matter!

Next: Make Cleave, and not like double-strike, but like a different version of trample.

Show
Blind Fight: It's got lots of potential to bash on those hard to deal with elements, but that's even so a very narrow case—and as it stands I don't think it can really keep pace at that cost with nothing extra to boost it. I'd put an effect like this in the Ground Seal bin—a very narrow ability that needs a booster to put it within reasonable range in-game. The cost is over by about , and a cantrip or something is definitely what it needs to make it work—without it, it's just not very reasonable.

Fractured Machete

Artifact — Equipment 
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has cleave (If this creature would combat damage to creature greater than that creature's toughness, you may have it deal the remaining damage to another target attacking or blocking creature if able.)
Equip  

Next: Genesis www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/genesi...

Thats exactly how I wanted cleave to work. Nice job! I don;t exactly agree with the equipping cost.... 7/10

I never got familiar with psionics.

Genesis 
Enchantment
Players shuffle their hands, graveyard, exile zone, and field into their libraries. Each player draws seven cards, has their life total set to 20 and all poison counters removed. 
Feeling the pain of imminent defeat, the planeswalker created his own plane, on which to start over.

It's basically the idea that instead of dyin, players "planeswalk" away. So the planeswalker is essentially making his own plane to walk to.

Make a Choker

Show
Nice and flavorful but so time-consuming and frustrating that it should cost much more. No reason for that Sorcery effect to be labeled as an enchantment. Also lets control hold one until they'll lose and then rage-quit and get another chance. Finally, ought to exile itself and any other copies because gods that's an annoying card to play against. Too many problems but good flavor, so 3/10.

Choker    

Creature - Horror

Double strike, haste
: Tap target creature with toughness equal to or less than ~'s.  
 1/2
 "Nasty little bugger'll leap right out and gra-dfafghgf" Choker Hunter Bob

Wasn't sure of the colors since the tap ability is definitely blue and the black is only because he lives in a cave. But not sure.

Next is a Haste spell that works on players without blue.
Feh.
I took one look at that Genesis and said to myself,
"I am not going to be the one to judge that card."
So I purposely waited to avoid it.

Yeah, wanted to make sure all my criticisms about it were super-valid because it's Shaharazad and Enter the Dungeon but worse.

Edit:one other thing is that Genesis is already a card I believe. 
Feh.
Yes, it is fairly horibble. I can admit to that. But this spell was incredibly hard to recreate. So, you know... 

Also, we're not really supposed to make up spells, cezyou. The point is to find a Dungeons & Dragons monster, equipment, or spell, and have the next player transmute it into a magic card. Your criteria makes little sense either way: a red spell that works on players without blue? When has blue ever had to do with haste?

So I will instead make an Ochre Jelly

Ochre Jelly 
Creature - Ooze
When ~ takes combat damage, remove it from the game and put two 2/2 Ooze creature tokens onto the battlfield.
The knights of Sidhe were not prepared, and used lances and swords to hit the ooze... of course, the orc guides knew that clubs were far more effective.
4/4

Based on the split ability.

Make a Beholder

Show
It's a jelly, no doubt. It's sort of a common Mitotic Slime. 5/10

Beholder

Creature - Horror
Haste, Flying, Hexproof, Deathtouch
, : Destroy target nonartifact creature.
, : Tap target permanent.
, : Beholder deals one damage to target player.
1/6

Haste for time manipulation spells, hexproof for antimagic cone, and deathtouch for finger of death.

Make Drizzt Do'Urden. 
www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/haste.htm

: I

The Haste spell in 3.5 gives extra actions, so it would have been super easy without the criteria - just give an extra turn. I was really tired and didn't feel like hunting down a better spell/ability/feat/creature.

I'll decline doing Drizzt since I did a card really very recently.

EDIt: Also the Choker never got graded.

EDIT 2: Okay only 3.0 haste gave actions. I lied. 
Feh.
The beholder just seems like a mess of abilities, honestly. I get that its eye beams translate naturally to piling on keywords and activated abilities, but you only need a few iconic effects to capture the feel of the creature – any more and it just clutters the card. 5/10

Drizzt Do'Urden

Legendary Creature – Elf Warrior
3/3

Double strike, swampwalk
: Choose a creature an opponent controls. Until end of turn, that creature loses hexproof, everything else gains hexproof, and Drizzt Do'Urden gets +2/+2 while blocking or blocked by that creature. Activate this ability only once each turn.

From the shadows he came, and from the shadows he will deliver the world.

Criteria: Make a philosopher's stone.

Embrace imagination.

Drizzt Do'Urden: Since I'm unfamiliar with the character, I'll just give my thoughts on the design itself. It's a bit too hyper-aggressive first of all. Double strike and swampwalk will end a game all too soon. There is too little build up to victory and that spoils all the fun of it. I do see that you may have been trying to compensate for non-black adversaries, but the stated condition still stands, and you've got to encompass that. I really wish you'd read my design highlights, I think you'd be worlds more experienced if you could only learn from my own mistakes. I think the activated ability is far too expensive and narrow for a legendary creature. You should go wild when it comes to legends, they have to live up to the title—they're supposed to be boss.

Philosopher's Stone
Legendary Artifact
Spells you cast with a converted mana cost six or more cost less to cast.
"It'll buy you everything except time, I'm afraid that always seems to run out in the end—the only thing that's not negotiable."
—Professor Grayash, dying words 

Next:
 Elixir of Truth www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousIt... 

Philosophers stone id good. Couldn't imagine it in an Eldrazi deck. But the legendary supertype makes it fair. 8/10

Elixir of Truth 

Artifact - Potion
When ~ enters the battlefield, put 3 time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from ~ . 
As long as ~ has time counters, target player plays with his or her hand revealed. 

Make an otyugh.

Show
Like the idea of the Elixer of Truth- nice way of translating the drinking aspect. Not sure why it's Black and costs 4. Could easily be a 1 or 2 colorless artifact.

Otyugh

Creature- Horror
Wither
Exile a creature card from your graveyard: Otyugh gains +2/+2 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.

2/4

Make the spell Speak with Dead

Sign In to post comments