[DGM-ICD] Plasm Capture

71 posts / 0 new
Last post
Plasm Capture
Instant (R)

Counter target spell.  
At the beginning of your next precombat main phase, add X mana in any combination of colors
 to your mana pool, where X is that spell's converted mana cost.
Plasm Capture
Instant (R)

Counter target spell.  At the beginning of your next main phase, add  to your mana pool, where X is that spell's converted mana cost.

So a fixed Mana Drain adds GG eh? 

It is possible there could be a UGX Ramp deck that would like to use a few of these.
I want four of these definitely.
Seems fair compared with Scattering Stroke
Don't like the mana cost. :U::G: wouldn't break the game.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

They don't want control decks to splash it and do insane stuff with it.

bant control decks are gonna have fun with this

and there's essence backlash which is pretty powerful and about the same cost.

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Griselbrand (French)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

Very cool. I think that mana ramp after a counter can do some nice things, but it is colorless.

EDIT: Just remembered revelation is a thing, how I forgot I don't know. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
This card should be called "I .. drink.. your.. milkshake!"

bant control decks are gonna have fun with this

I think they tought the card was fine ss long as it didn't power turn 5' Grizelbrands and the like.
This seems decent. If people used Rewind, people might use this.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
And here also, the correct wording seems to be:
Plasm Capture
Counter target spell. At the beginning of your next precombat main phase, add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is that spell’s converted mana cost.

You win 5 internets with that reference.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
seems more appropriate. Its 4 mana for crying out loud...

EDIT: I didn't catch that it makes colored mana... never mind then. 

3DH4LIF3

Plasm Capture
Counter target spell. At the beginning of your next precombat main phase, add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is that spell’s converted mana cost.

*my reaction to dragon's maze*

"And you get to be in my simic deck.....and you get to be in my simic deck....and you get to be in my simic deck..."
Plasm Capture

*my reaction to dragon's maze*

"And you get to be in my simic deck.....and you get to be in my simic deck....and you get to be in my simic deck..."

If Oprah played MtG.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin

You win 5 internets with that reference.

agreed

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Griselbrand (French)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

I'm interested this effect got reprinted, but I don't know how playable it is at that cost.

Probably just cements that Control is only viable as Bant until Thragtusk is gone.

Sucks that the only cards in the format are Tusk and Emissary, Hon mention to Unburial Rights
Crazy awesome art
"Any combination of colors".

Good would be "Add X generic mana, where X is CMC"
Better would be "Add X mana of the same types and colors used to cast..."
Best is "Add X mana of any combination of colors, where X is CMC"

We got best. 
I'm sorry I counterwd your thragtusk, let me play a nin's staff thing real fast.
I bet this looks pretty spiffy as a foil.

Dat art... @_@;;

"Any combination of colors".

Good would be "Add X generic mana, where X is CMC"
Better would be "Add X mana of the same types and colors used to cast..."
Best is "Add X mana of any combination of colors, where X is CMC"

We got best. 

This is a pretty powerful counterspell.  I'm glad it doesn't cost .  That makes it a little too easy.
Hell yeah! Ok, our guild champion is a total wuss, but overall almost every Simic spoiler so far has been good at worst, insane at best! And Now we got possibly the best counterspell in the entire format. Remember, mana drain is currently BANNED in legacy! Sure, its 2 mana more, but it's effectively a modern version of rewind that is a little harder to cast. They cast a angel of serenity, or sphinx's revelationand you are pretty much guaranteed to cast whatever you happen to have in your hand.

btw, magical christmas land says:

turn 1 - arbor elf
turn 2 - anything.
turn 3-  don't cast, counterspell the 3 drop they cast because they want to draw our your obvious counterspell.
turn 4 - congratulations, you got 8 mana now, you just cast an 8 mana card while they were likely tapped out on turn 4 and won the game.

Opponent: *Plays titan*
Me: *Counters it*
Me: *Plays Blightsteel Colossus*
Opponent: "**** you" 
oh wow, I like it when I counter opponent Thragtusk I can cast my own thragtusk next turn and still have mana open for another counter.
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
Is that voreal...and hes holding his own against niv...

I have gained +5 respect points for that merfolk 
Mana of any colour is siiiick.
Seems pretty solid to me.  I wonder how much play it will see.
I love the art on this one. XD

A Mana Drain should be Constructed playable methinks, even one that's kinda overcosted.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13

Yes.  Yes it should.
Even better! His card I want.
Pretty sweet.

<----- Loser.

Add X of any combination of colors!?  *Swoons*

Remind me why they printed Mystic Genesis if they were planning something like this next set?  
Came for the flavor, stayed for the game. (10/4/2013: Discovered that I suppose I most closely resemble a Vorthos player, right after my odd obsession with making hyper-budget but effective decks and right before being a Johnny)
or makes energy, oil grows food, plastic is made of oil
NO WAR

Sivitri Scarzam rose to challenge the Craw Wurm but was slain by Durkwood Boars.

Liliana emergent

That's, uh... Huh. That's not bad at all.
So will Dimir get a powerful counterspell as well? Azorius and Simic got one, Izzet had Counterflux for a while now.
Something along the lines of:

UUB
Counter target spell. Then, if an instant or sorcery spell was countered this way, you may copy it. You may chose new targets for the copy. 
Black doesn't get copy. If they get a good counterspell it will lose life or mill probably.
Sign In to post comments