Treasure Tiles

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
My buddy started customizing his deck. During a battle I was not a part of he confessed to changing out his treasure tiles from the standard set of (2) #1, (2) #2, and (2) #3, to (2) #2's & (4) #3's. I tried to find anything in the rule book on this and found nothing
In this case, what's the point of randomly choosing if you can change out the tile values? Why not just gave them all up?
why not face* them all up
There is a relatively concise and to the point rules set for DC.  Not every contingency is covered, but I think that the number of treasure tokens is specifically designed to work with the origional configuration (2) #1, (2) #2,  and (2) #3. Unless you both agree to make a change, the single set of treasure tokens should seed a 2-player game.   
There is a relatively concise and to the point rules set for DC.  Not every contingency is covered, but I think that the number of treasure tokens is specifically designed to work with the origional configuration (2) #1, (2) #2,  and (2) #3. Unless you both agree to make a change, the single set of treasure tokens should seed a 2-player game.   

+1.

A single set of 6 treasure chest tokens from one box is intended to be used in a 2-player game.  Essentially, there should be a configuration of tokens that allows for a #1 and a #2 and a #3 token for each player in the game.  These are shuffled together and randomly distributed during setup, so that it is possible--yet unlikely--that one player will get all the #3s on his own tiles.

Players can agree to any configuration that they want, but I do think they need to be aware of it and agree to it. 
Ditto to TimothyPray and thereisnotry.  Customization of treasure options needs to be agreed on first, and you should recognize that increasing (or decreasing) the treasure tile totals may also change game length.
Just running with all 3's slash 2's and not telling anybody is pretty shady thing to do. lol
The way we tend to play it round here is each player takes one of each number and places them randomly only on their tiles. Makes it fairer, though still being random. Both players have 6 total treasures, but could have either the 1 or the 3 next to the start.
Theris are the DCI rules for sanctioned tournaments:

www.wizards.com/wpn/Document.aspx?x=2012_07_12_DnDDungeonCommand&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

On page 8 it states that you need to bring one of each treasure tile (so between each player you have 2x 1 treasure token, etc).  It also gives direction on how set-up should proceed.

Although there is nothing against altering quantity of each type for casual play if agreed; why do something which you may not be able to if playing in a tourney (sanctioned or not)?