[DGM-ICD]Goblin Test Pilot

159 posts / 0 new
Last post

Gobling Test Pilot - 1UR
Creature - Goblin Wizard
Flying
T: ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player chosen at random.
0/2

Source
THIS IS AWESOME.
Too risky I think. Hit your own Electromancer or Guttersnipe, or it kills itself.
Is it really awesome? It seems... kind of below par in every way.
Or hits you!
i understand that there have to be bad cards.  i just wish more of them were as fun as this.
Seems pretty bad
Preorders for this card are negative.  They will PAY YOU to take them! HAHAHA!
Next thing you will tell me Browbeat is bad.
Ah, now I see the purpose of the card Showstopper.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
If this is the only thing in play, there's a 33% chance that it hits itself, 66% it hits you and a 1% chance it hits the opponent.

"Math doesn't work that way, Frostraven!
No.

However.
Reality does. 
I think it would be physically impossible to create a worse pinger than this.
Well done!

"We wlll kill them all."

Garbage.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Hey look, a case of Shroud beating Hexproof!
Hey look, a case of Shroud beating Hexproof!

Fitting that it's only in the case of a card that would be insane to play.

Never let goblin test pilot your devices/planes/anything 
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
You've got to love Goblins!
I don't care that this card is bad. It's hilarious
trying to think of a situation where its playable.  multiplayer limited?  is that a thing?

Okay, I know that this card is objectively bad, but despite that, it's bloody amazing.


I really want to fit this in a deck somehow. Just need to find a way to get the odds in my favor.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.


Okay, I know that this card is objectively bad, but despite that, it's bloody amazing.


I really want to fit this in a deck somehow. Just need to find a way to get the odds in my favor.



convince your opponent that the random player/creature is selected via a series of coinflips. 

like the other guy said
There´s 50% of chance of he kill´s himself.
And There´s 50% of chance of him summons Sauron to the field.


(I'm still laughing)Laughing

I feel like they are just trolling us with this one.
Its pretty funny, but why couldn't it cost less for such a random effect, even at 2 damage?
Kind of want to use Charisma with it for laughs.
I feel like they are just trolling us with this one.
Its pretty funny, but why couldn't it cost less for such a random effect, even at 2 damage?
Kind of want to use Charisma with it for laughs.

it would have been unplayable if it cost 1. 
This is a pretty effective pinger if you expect your opponent to have a lot of small creatures.  Everyone is just seeing the random and not thinking about how you can manipulate the odds.
If it was a 2/2 it would be played in limited and there would be a chance for it to activate, which would be fun.

As an 0/2 it's just funny to think of how bad it is. 


It's like they traded the potential for some awesome/hillarious individual stories that would actually happen in order to get a cheep laugh/graon from everyone all at once.


Also rubbing it in our face that only 3% of they stuff they come up with needs to be any good or balanced for constructed.
Well, it's the closest we're getting to Falling Star anytime soon.
Unless your opponent is planning to flood the field with 2 toughness creatures, this is unplayable. Even with light of sanction.
If it was a 2/2 it would be played in limited and there would be a chance for it to activate, which would be fun.

As an 0/2 it's just funny to think of how bad it is. 



Even at 0/3 it would be not-as-awful because if it randomly chose itself it wouldn't kill itself.

Then again, I suppose that begs the question of whether it killing itself would be the ideal and preferred result.  Innocent
 
i understand that there have to be bad cards.  i just wish more of them were as fun as this.



this.

The card is bad. But it gets to be fuuny. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
This has to be a joke/fake.  I've only been playing Magic for about a year, but this is probably the worst card I've ever seen.  Not only is it completely unplayable, the mechanics and how it will work are simply terrible as well.  Choose a creature or player at random and cause 2 damage to it?  How the heck are you supposed to choose?  Are we throwing numbers into a hat?  What a stupid, clunky and useless card. 
This is a pretty effective pinger if you expect your opponent to have a lot of small creatures.  Everyone is just seeing the random and not thinking about how you can manipulate the odds.

You have bigger problems if this is your response to your opponent having a lot of small creatures.

the mechanics and how it will work are simply terrible as well.  Choose a creature or player at random and cause 2 damage to it?  How the heck are you supposed to choose?  Are we throwing numbers into a hat?  What a stupid, clunky and useless card. 



It may be silly, but it isn't entirely unprecedented.

Infectious Rage
Tyrant of Discord
 
This has to be a joke/fake.  I've only been playing Magic for about a year, but this is probably the worst card I've ever seen.



Well then let me introduce you to one with nothing (which, oddly enough, would have a place in the DGM meta game!)
Next thing you will tell me Browbeat is bad.
I think the thing that makes this truely bad is the "at random". It's bad news whenever that is printed on a card. If it could only hurt you, it would at least have a use (with ganky redirect effects or something). But as it is, it has no use besides filling space. 
Got me real excited by the name of the card because I run a mono-red Goblin deck in Standard.

Unfortunately it's R/U and even if I did splash blue, it's wholly mediocre to bad.
anyone want to find tap for 2 damage that isn't worse than this?
There's only one thing about this card that disappoints me: the word "target." If this just picked a random victim on resolution, it could actually create some fun tension. But knowing who the pilot will crash into ahead of time isn't as exciting.
Rules Advisor
Well, on the plus side it um... has synergy with Mizzium Skin? I could see running a few Mizzium Skins or similar with a bunch of burn in an Izzet deck and almost making this playable. Just use the Golbin first every turn and react accordingly. Golbin hits himself? Skin. Hits the opponent's Exava? Pillar of Flame.

Or maybe Izzet's getting some crazy Weird with a crazy effect triggered by taking damage.

Just trying to see a bright side. Which I know I shouldn't. This card is bad.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.
Combos with Mark of Asylum?

As it is I like the card and I will put money on the fact that that at some point in a draft this guy is going to get equipped with Illusionist's Bracers and just go NUTS and it will be hilarious.
Well, on the plus side it um... has synergy with Mizzium Skin? I could see running a few Mizzium Skins or similar with a bunch of burn in an Izzet deck and almost making this playable. Just use the Golbin first every turn and react accordingly. Golbin hits himself? Skin. Hits the opponent's Exava? Pillar of Flame.



Hexproof only prevents effects your opponents control.  You control the Goblins.  Mizzium Skin only helps you in that it grants more toughness.
Well, on the plus side it um... has synergy with Mizzium Skin? I could see running a few Mizzium Skins or similar with a bunch of burn in an Izzet deck and almost making this playable. Just use the Golbin first every turn and react accordingly. Golbin hits himself? Skin. Hits the opponent's Exava? Pillar of Flame.



Hexproof only prevents effects your opponents control.  You control the Goblins.  Mizzium Skin only helps you in that it grants more toughness.



I don't recall mentioning Hexproof. +0/+1 saves the Goblin, or any other 2-toughness creature of yours.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.
Sign In to post comments