Retraining Shield Prof: Light

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
how does Retraining Shield Proficiency: Light Shield Affect Shield Proficiency: Heavy Shield?

this question is ofcause assuming that you have taken them both as feat...
i've been wondering this for a while as the light shield slot is annoying me when i am using a heavy shield D: 

thank you for answering this question in advance
You can't retrain something which is a prerequisite for something else, unless you've already retrained out the thing it's a prerequisite for.  I dont recall whether light shield prof is a prerequisite for heavy shield prof feat, but if it is, you have to keep both.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
it is a prerequisite for heavy shield
thanks for the quick answer...

do you remember where it says this?? 
reason i ask is that Character builder allows you to do this i just discovered :s 
Replacing a Feat
    Retraining can replace one feat with another. The character must meet the prerequisites of the new feat. A feat can’t be replaced if it’s a prerequisite for any of the character’s other attributes (such as another feat or a paragon path) or if the feat is a feature of his or her class, paragon path, or epic destiny. 

RC86 
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Thanks.

Just needed to know the wording since the CB allowed me to do it through retraining, but it's just the CB that is broken again