PEACH Lair Assault Bard.

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Put this together for the current Lair Assault.

Show
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Larksong, level 10
Pixie, Bard
Build: Cunning Bard
Bardic Virtue Option: Virtue of Cunning
Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)
Theme: Noble

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 11, DEX 10, INT 18, WIS 8, CHA 22

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 11, DEX 10, INT 14, WIS 8, CHA 18

AC: 24 Fort: 17 Ref: 22 Will: 27
HP: 79 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 20

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +14, Diplomacy +18, History +14, Perception +9, Religion +14

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +8, Athletics +8, Bluff +17, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +8, Heal +8, Insight +10, Intimidate +15, Nature +10, Stealth +10, Streetwise +15, Thievery +8

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Noble Utility: Noble Presence
Pixie Utility: Pixie Dust
Pixie Utility: Shrink
Bard Feature: Majestic Word
Bard Feature: Words of Friendship
Bard Attack 1: Staggering Note
Bard Attack 1: Vicious Mockery
Bard Attack 1: Blunder
Bard Attack 1: Verse of Triumph
Bard Utility 2: Moment of Escape
Bard Attack 3: Impelling Force
Bard Attack 5: Timeless Trek in Mithrendain
Bard Utility 6: Revitalizing Incantation
Bard Attack 7: Prescient Warning
Bard Attack 9: Wail of Anguish
Bard Utility 10: Savior's Song

FEATS
Level 1: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Bard of All Trades
Level 2: Battle Song Expertise
Level 4: Advantage of Cunning
Level 6: Battle Cadence
Level 8: Resilient Focus
Level 10: Superior Will

ITEMS
Ritual Book
Glib Limerick
Comrades' Succor
Bard's Songblade Short sword +2 x1
Periapt of Cascading Health +2 x1
Battle Harness Hide Armor +2 x1
Circlet of Mental Onslaught x1
Resplendent Gloves (heroic tier) x1
Resplendent Boots x1
Potion of Healing
Belt of Vigor (heroic tier) x1
Adventurer's Kit
Shield of Deflection Light Shield (heroic tier)
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
====== End ======

So, any suggestions, thoughts, verbal abuse, etc., on this build?
Hmm, not even a pro forma "you are bad and you should feel bad" here?  Not sure how to feel about that.
IMAGE(http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2958/33524904.jpg) 
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
You dont need leaders, defenders or controllers for this lair assault. All you need are four or more pixie strikers with the "Armor of Suddan Recovery" and "Enter the Crusable" level 10 endurance utility. My crew used two charge thieves, a monk, and an avenger.

The logic is simple, first turn, you activate Enter the Crusable to get resist 10 all, then run to the pillar in the middle and get on going 15 damage, then go down the secrect stairs. You should be able to do this in one turn. You might lose someone if you fail initiative and you are on nightmare mode. Once you are in the second area, active the Armor of Suddan Recovery to turn your on going 15 damage into regen 15. Use the rest of this turn to roid out (water breathing, +6 bonus to dmg, you know the drill). 

You should now have Regen 15, and Resist 10 all. Winning should not take you more then 10 turns, and should not take more then an hour and a half real time (assuming you are on nightmare mode). If you end up in a zone with no allies, just leave the zone. If you end up in a zone with allies, kill the elemental. If you end up in the room with the Angel, just run. 

You dont need leaders, defenders or controllers for this lair assault. All you need are four or more pixie strikers with the "Armor of Suddan Recovery" and "Enter the Crusable" level 10 endurance utility. My crew used two charge thieves, a monk, and an avenger.

The logic is simple, first turn, you activate Enter the Crusable to get resist 10 all, then run to the pillar in the middle and get on going 15 damage, then go down the secrect stairs. You should be able to do this in one turn. You might lose someone if you fail initiative and you are on nightmare mode. Once you are in the second area, active the Armor of Suddan Recovery to turn your on going 15 damage into regen 15. Use the rest of this turn to roid out (water breathing, +6 bonus to dmg, you know the drill). 

You should now have Regen 15, and Resist 10 all. Winning should not take you more then 10 turns, and should not take more then an hour and a half real time (assuming you are on nightmare mode). If you end up in a zone with no allies, just leave the zone. If you end up in a zone with allies, kill the elemental. If you end up in the room with the Angel, just run. 

Since apparently we're supposed to get the horn from the entry room in order to actually trigger the boss fight, I don't think it's quite that simple.  Also, at least one of the people that was at the last attempt... really shouldn't be doing Lair Assault, or at least shouldn't be allowed to design his own characters (Wizard|Warlock without Eldritch Strike standing in melee range of everything; we also had a Vampire), so I figured I should have something with strong back muscles.  The all-Pixie team is an interesting idea though.  It'll at least help with the difficult terrain and the Air and Astral nodes.

And thanks for the image macro, Fardiz.  It's nice to know I'm at least worth the ~5 seconds to find and paste in something. Tongue Out
Another LA that gets wrecked by Armor of Sudden Recovery?  How predictable!

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
Another LA that gets wrecked by Armor of Sudden Recovery Encounter-duration Dailies?  How predictable!

Fixed that for ya. Tongue Out

Since apparently we're supposed to get the horn from the entry room in order to actually trigger the boss fight, I don't think it's quite that simple.  Also, at least one of the people that was at the last attempt... really shouldn't be doing Lair Assault, or at least shouldn't be allowed to design his own characters (Wizard|Warlock without Eldritch Strike standing in melee range of everything; we also had a Vampire), so I figured I should have something with strong back muscles.  The all-Pixie team is an interesting idea though.  It'll at least help with the difficult terrain and the Air and Astral nodes.

And thanks for the image macro, Fardiz.  It's nice to know I'm at least worth the ~5 seconds to find and paste in something.

Wrong, you don't need any horn to summon the end boss. You don't need anything at all. Just get to the end room, and wreck the monsters you find there, the boss will appear. 

Also, only one of the pixies in my party was "optimized". Resist 10 all, Regen 15, and good decision making are all it takes to win this lair assault. The Tiny property of the pixie is the most important asset they bring, as you can move through enemy squares. Enemies can make opportunity attacks, but the minions attacks will deal no damage.

And thanks for the image macro, Fardiz.  It's nice to know I'm at least worth the ~5 seconds to find and paste in something.

Don't be silly, it's didn't take me that long. I have that image always on hand for these boards (it's in my imageshack account).

Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Wrong, you don't need any horn to summon the end boss. You don't need anything at all. Just get to the end room, and wreck the monsters you find there, the boss will appear. 

Also, only one of the pixies in my party was "optimized". Resist 10 all, Regen 15, and good decision making are all it takes to win this lair assault. The Tiny property of the pixie is the most important asset they bring, as you can move through enemy squares. Enemies can make opportunity attacks, but the minions attacks will deal no damage.

Okay, so the DM that ran it was misreading that part or screwing with us or something.  As for good decision making... again, Warlock|Wizard standing in melee range making ranged attacks.  Anyway, while the pixie speed run swarm is an interesting idea, I sorta wanted thoughts/suggestions/etc. on the build at hand since I can't guarantee everyone that shows up will run a pixie striker with Into the Crucible and Armor of Sudden Recovery (or have the common sense of a brick).

@Fardiz: You still took the time to copypasta it in. Tongue Out

Indeed.

i liked my warlock|wizard build tho
Nothing personal, man, but you had no business standing in melee with that build.  You don't invite a punch to the face unless you have some way of punishing the person doing the punching (or know someone in the group can do it for you).  Far as I could tell, you didn't have anything to respond offensively to getting hit, and the defender couldn't reliably enforce his mark (or rather, the mark he was using the most couldn't be enforced).
Sign In to post comments