[DGM-ICD] Rot Farm Skeleton

47 posts / 0 new
Last post
IMAGE(http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/products/dgm/tiwoirwiixix/ds6pcxpb0e_EN.jpg)

Rot Farm Skeleton
Creature - Plant Skeleton (Uncommon)
Rot Farm Skeleton can't block.
, Put the top four cards of your library into your graveyard: Return Rot Farm Skeleton from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
4/1
So kinda sudo dredge
What's up Plant Skeleton?  What a great creature type.  I dig that art, it's Dredge that isn't broken.  Fun card.   
Freaking awesome!
I play for fun
this is bad. they gave dredge a mana cost

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
this is bad. they gave dredge a mana cost

It also goes to the battlefield instead of the hand and doesn't cost card advantage. It's really more like a reassembling skeleton that mills you.
It feels a little bit like a (fixed) homage to Dredge though. And the Blood Scrivener clearly mimes Hellbent.
I wonder if we get more stuff like this... even if it's not a circle.
Golgari Phoenix (-:

Between this, scavenge, and flashback, who needs cards in hand? Apart from Salvage and Mulch.
Oh my.
I like it.

My Black, Green and White Supervillains deck is looking like it can break it. 
My Standard deck is based around Mutilate and Liliana of the Veil. I love this guy.
I love it!
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
It's uncommon, thankfully.
Good mill card is good. I don't like that he can't block, but he's also big enough to fight with almost anything that blocks him. he doesn't screw up combat math as he doesn't have haste, but your opponent does need to remember that a Supreme Verdict isn't gonna hit you as hard as they want it to.
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
but where DID the other fork come from?
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
Explosive Peanut Lightning lands. Well, that's just what I call them.
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
And so the pot met the kettle.
Well, hello there, Standard Dredge deck. You and I are going to have fun together.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
I'm skeptical about this for standard.  If you just want to mill yourself, Chronic Flooding has already proven fantastic in that role, milling 3 cards per turn at no mana cost.  This mills, if you have a sac outlet, 4 cards per turn for 4 mana.

To justify this over chronic flooding you'd really have to make use of the creature.  But the body isn't that great.  Well...I guess that depends on the archetype it's facing, though.  It's very worthless against fast aggro decks, but potentially annoying for control, especially since Resto can't block it safely.  Even against control, though, they can tempo you pretty hard by trading, say, a snapcaster body or lingering souls body for this.  Taking mild card disadvantage to stabilize is fine if they have the stronger endgame.

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

What about in control instead of against it? Yeah okay that's too much of a stretch, control has better unkillableish finishers.
The Plants and Zombies have made a truce!  Mankind is screwed!
The Plants and Zombies have made a truce!  Mankind is screwed!

We already have six (non-Changeling) Plant Zombies, including two in RtR (Dreg Mangler, Slitherhead).

This would appear to be the first Plant Skeleton, though.
Nifty, I like the idea of activated pseudo-dredge
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Pretty interesting.
Nice. Like a better Veilborn Ghoul. He'll definitely have his uses, but I can see people overvaluing him early on. Also, I personally would have preferred Plant Zombie to Plant Skeleton.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.
This is good. Reoccurring attacker that can stack your graveyard. I don't understand why people wouldn't like it. It's not GREAT, but it seems decent.
I am Blue/Black
pretty good with the rakdos champion and scavenge
I'm not feeling it, love the art though.

<----- Loser.

He could be really good with a Scavenge heavy Limited deck.  Really wish he could block tho.  Still, recurring creatures go a long way when a game goes long and you're stuck topdecking lands.  
Good in Limited, I guess. Bad elsewhere.
You can flash him in to block and most definitely kill a grounded attacker without first strike...
so okay it's more situational than I first thought but still. COULD surprise kill a dude. 
Heya everyone, here are my homebrew threads: (yes there is only one right now, but there are more to come!) And Let There Be Fish-Men: KUO-TOA
He can't block.
You can also only activate the ability anytime you could play a sorcery.  
Welp I was wrong on two accounts. 

Still it's really tempting for my BUG self mill deck. 
Heya everyone, here are my homebrew threads: (yes there is only one right now, but there are more to come!) And Let There Be Fish-Men: KUO-TOA
I wish it's graveyard cost was a little more aggressive. 
I kinda like that it's identical to its casting cost. I mean, sure, most things would be better if they cost less.
Sorta wish it would have been a Plant Zombie. But that would have been sooo broken with Gravecrawler, and Diregraf still floating about.
This is like Dredge, Scavenge and Skeleton Regeneration all bundled up into one - Lovely!

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
This has possibly my favorite artwork of the set so far. I'm a sucker for skeletons, but this really is incredibly done. And I think this is a bit too expensive cmc for Constructed, but in Limited it's incredible. Certainly worth a singleton in EDH, when it's appropriate.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Rot Farm Skeleton can't block.

Darn. 
can't regenerate just like the blue black one

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

Lestat the Musical: I want more
I love this card and the troll, but seriously Golgari, start making some more zombies or atleast reprint Fecundity
Jk the troll is pretty much the (dead) bees knees
Well if nothing else he feeds Varolz, might be interesting in the right deck. 
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
I'm trying to find a place in modern or standard for this guy. Anyone have any good deck ideas he could fit into?