[DGM-ICD] Exava, Rakdos Blood Witch

77 posts / 0 new
Last post

Exava, Rakdos Blood Witch - Rare :B::R:

Legendary Creature - Human Cleric

First Strike, haste

Unleash

Each other creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it has haste.

3/3
That's pretty darn good.

Cleric is an interesting choice. 

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Interesting.
http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20802.jpg
Source?'
http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20802.jpg
oh **** 4/4 for 4 that turns simic, golgari and rakdos into powerhouses?

standard playable. Perhaps. Though being at the end of the rakdos curve does hurt her a bit.
I can't see this replacing Falkenrath Aristocrat in most cases, but rotation is a thing. Very good card (probably the saving grace of today's spoilers).

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

A source would be greatly appreciated to be sure.

If this card is real, Jund just found its replacement for Falkenrath Aristocrat when Innistrad rotates...This girl may not fly, but she's very tough to block and even has a relevant ability if you can add more Unleash creatures to the fray.
Source is reddit. Go dig through that. 
Interesting the most direct synergy with a keyword (including having it herself). It's possible it will see competitive paly, but it's a toss up on the format around it.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
And all the competitive players get there card for the day. Card is super sweet. 

standard playable. Perhaps. Though being at the end of the rakdos curve does hurt her a bit.

Meh on SImic and Golgari. Especially Simic, evolve creatures don't start with +1/+1 counters.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!

Meh on SImic and Golgari. Especially Simic, evolve creatures don't start with +1/+1 counters.

well, play two creature and let one evolve?
Everybody, ignore the part where it gives other creatures haste. You should just see a 4/4 with first strike and haste. 
Seems pretty close to many of the customs floated around. I like.
She is good, really good, not Swagtusk incredible and not....Teysa...CryYell
omg it's freaken beautiful
Surprised

"I will diminish, and go into the west, and there remain SgtPepperjack. Y'know, you really ought to come along with me."

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

Really nice card.  The final ability is just gravy if you can take advantage of it.
She's even more impressive after the fact that we all just walked away from Teysa...
Hey I like this one, it's pretty solid.

Too bad the last line is kinda never relevant. I guess if Geralf's Messenger didn't etb tapped it COULD be relevant every now and then in constructed, but right now nah.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Source is reddit. Go dig through that. 

Originally tweeted by Trick Jarrett. Reddit got onto it pretty quick.

I like. Jund with Corpsejack Menace action, mayhaps?
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
This set is bipolar. Teysa, Envoy of Rosewater to this beautiful beatdown machine.
To be fair though to her last ability, think of her as an unleash lord for haste. Remember people, we still don't know what all the other Rakdos creatures are in this set. Yes she is 4 CMC, but in limited at least it'll help later on anyway mid to lategame.
Definitely today's saving grace.  I was astonished that the most interesting preview was Azorius Guildgate's new flavor text.  Anyway, Exava is kickass.  I love that she's a human.  Really opens up my options since Teysa's card is crap.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
huh. 

Damn, she's harder to kill than reckoner 
More a fighter than a witch. But the artwork was kinda showing that already. Still - the cleric type feels slightly off.
Not a biggie and nonetheless a decent card.
Although I still think she's quite ugly. =P But that might be because she's grimacing.
haste is worth building around

this combos with unleash

4/4 for 4 is decent

most of the unleash will already be in play by the time this drops
Standard will probably only care about the actual body, since they just use a mish-mash of the best cards which means +1/+1 counters are unlikely to show up with enough frequency.

However I am going to love this for an all-Rakdos all the time deck. Welcome to the dark carnival, friend.
Heya everyone, here are my homebrew threads: (yes there is only one right now, but there are more to come!) And Let There Be Fish-Men: KUO-TOA
Everybody, ignore the part where it gives other creatures haste. You should just see a 4/4 with first strike and haste. 

Is this (ignoring abilities) your new meme, like when Rorix was going around saying every card was jank?

As Matt_Holck points out, Fervor is a pretty strong effect to get for free.

It's kind of funny how this is out of color for Simic creatures, but that doesn't matter because they usually don't evolve on the turn they show up anyway. Whereas you can have a bit of fun with golgari scavenging Slitherheads on to things to give them haste.     

Constructed playable based on the body, and I think the granting others haste is not that hard to trigger; if nothing else there are other creatures with unleashed.  And in an ideal world where the mana base somehow worked out there's stuff like Master Biomancer.

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Aristocrat/Hellrider replacement once Innistrad rotates.

As for the haste thing, Gore-House Chainwalker, Thrill Kill Assassin, and Hellhole Flayer are cards.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Unleash, Scavenge, Graft, Modular, Sunburst, Devour, Bloodthirst, Amplify... the lord ability might be relevant more often than not.
spikes
Oh wow.
Boring, but eminently playable, even as just a 4/4 haste first strike for 4. Post rotation Hellrider or Falkenrath replacement.

I wish she granted first strike to other counter-bearers for symmetry, though.

Worst Champion for EDH though.
Oooook?
So... My opponent plays Deadbridge Goliath on turn 3.
Then Rancors it twice on turn 4 and tosses in Silverblade Paladin.

No synergy at all with Rakdos, Lord of Riots.
maybe if you guys used her in an unleash deck, then the last line would have meaning. just a thought. i mean cmon

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Yes. Use it in an unleash deck that tops out at 4 cmc, finishing off with this on turn 6 when you have drawn your fourth land in RB aggro and have exactly 0 cards in hand after casting this.
Yes. Use it in an unleash deck that tops out at 4 cmc, finishing off with this on turn 6 when you have drawn your fourth land in RB aggro and have exactly 0 cards in hand after casting this.

thank you. because all rakdos decks need to be super aggro and have everything cost under 4 cmc

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.

Cleric is an interesting choice.

Lyzolda, the Blood Witch - it comes with the title.

[<o>]
Thank you. Because all good Rakdos decks need to be super aggro and have everything cost under 4 CMC.

FTFY. Including your punctuation and capitalisation.