Green Red White Hexproof Enchantment

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

What do you think about this deck? How would you improve it? What would you put in the sideboard? Would you change the mana base in anyway?

Creatures [16]
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Fencing Ace
4 Primal Huntbeast
4 Rubbleback Rhino

Spells [22]
4 Abundant Growth
4 Ethereal Armor
4 Gift of Orzhova
2 Mizzium Mortars
4 Rancor
4 Volcanic Strength

Lands [22]
4 Clifftop Retreat
4 Forest
3 Mountain
3 Plains
4 Rootbound Crag
4 Sunpetal Grove

SIDEBOARD
3 Knight of Glory
4 Madcap Skills
4 Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
4 Oblivion Ring

Goodbye 4 Now, Baloden (Terry Halderman)

alpha authority is redundant since your targets already have hexproof, try Holy Mantle
My life as a pigeon.
It was a direct statement. I didn't know that addressing you directly would have that effect on you. Please forgive me lil' lady. I might be an outlaw, but I'm a gentleman first; and your respect is very important to me.
>mfw
i would drop goly mantle and put in abundant growth CA, plus a T1 play, plus alls the colors is gravy and helps stabilize the deck. Also I think its a crime to make any deck with ethereal armor in it and not run fencing ace in the same list. Also truefire paladin seems like he would have some merit what with the vigilance and the first strike and the pump and whatnot. I would recomend pulling the arbor elf to make room for more creatures that acutally do things. You dont need that many mana dorks in here and there are easily enough 2 dropd dudes to cover the low creature curve niche. Would also recommend putting Volcanic strength in the sideboard and dropping sphere of safety. And speaking of your sideboard, drop it. Drop all of it. mizzium mortars you can keep as a 3 of i suppose, but everything else is irrelivant. If you really like pacificsm i would recommend trading it for bonds of faith if you make the changes to the creature base i suggested, but if you really want an enchantment to ess with your opponents stuff play Oblivion ring . OH almsot forgot gift of orzhova is awesome here because flying and lifelink is boss and WW is easy to hit in this deck. Would also recommend knight of glory in the SB or the MB your call.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.

What do you think about this deck? How would you improve it? What would you put in the sideboard? Would you change the mana base in anyway?

Creatures (16)
4 Arbor Elf
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Primal Huntbeast
4 Rubbleback Rhino

Other Spells (22)
4 Holy Mantle
4 Ethereal Armor
4 Madcap Skills
4 Rancor
4 Volcanic Strength
2 Sphere of Safety

Land (22)
3 Clifftop Retreat
2 Forest
1 Mountain
1 Plains
3 Rootbound Crag
3 Sacred Foundry
3 Stomping Ground
3 Sunpetal Grove
3 Temple Garden

Sideboard
4 Farseek
4 Mizzium Mortars
4 Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
3 Pacifism

A few good creatures you could  look at are Strangleroot Geist, Loxodon Smiter, Fencing Ace, and Silverblade Paladin.  The concern that I have with your hexproof creatures is that they are costly and fairly ineffective.  If you look at Bant Hexproof lists, they have Geist of Saint Traft and Invisible StalkerInvisible Stalker has hexproof and is unblockable, which gives it tons of value.  Geist of Saint Traft costs 3 mana (1UW), has hexproof, and can swing for six (2 on the ground from him, 4 in the air from token), which gives him tons of value.  That being said, 8 mana dorks in a deck like this is a little too many.  Without figuring out your creature line, it's hard to say what to keep. 

I'm not a fan of Holy Mantle or Sphere of Safety here.  Abundant Growth provides color fixing, a possible turn one or two play, and also buffs up Ethereal ArmorGift of Orzhova could replace Sphere of Safety

The sideboard is a bit messy.  Pacifism is good, but I'm not sure about the other one's in a deck like this.  They don't really fit.

Creatures (16)
4 Arbor Elf
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Primal Huntbeast
4 Rubbleback Rhino

Other Spells (22)
4 Holy Mantle
4 Ethereal Armor
4 Madcap Skills
4 Rancor
4 Volcanic Strength
2 Sphere of Safety

Land (22)
3 Clifftop Retreat
2 Forest
1 Mountain
1 Plains
3 Rootbound Crag
3 Sacred Foundry
3 Stomping Ground
3 Sunpetal Grove
3 Temple Garden

Sideboard
4 Farseek
4 Mizzium Mortars
4 Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
3 Pacifism

A few good creatures you could  look at are Strangleroot Geist, Loxodon Smiter, Fencing Ace, and Silverblade Paladin.  The concern that I have with your hexproof creatures is that they are costly and fairly ineffective.  If you look at Bant Hexproof lists, they have Geist of Saint Traft and Invisible StalkerInvisible Stalker has hexproof and is unblockable, which gives it tons of value.  Geist of Saint Traft costs 3 mana (1UW), has hexproof, and can swing for six (2 on the ground from him, 4 in the air from token), which gives him tons of value.  That being said, 8 mana dorks in a deck like this is a little too many.  Without figuring out your creature line, it's hard to say what to keep. 

I'm not a fan of Holy Mantle or Sphere of Safety here.  Abundant Growth provides color fixing, a possible turn one or two play, and also buffs up Ethereal ArmorGift of Orzhova could replace Sphere of Safety

The sideboard is a bit messy.  Pacifism is good, but I'm not sure about the other one's in a deck like this.  They don't really fit.

since when did you need mana fixing for 2 colors lol. 

playing a T1 growth means  you can play a arbor or pilgrim, which is more valuable. 
My life as a pigeon.
It was a direct statement. I didn't know that addressing you directly would have that effect on you. Please forgive me lil' lady. I might be an outlaw, but I'm a gentleman first; and your respect is very important to me.
>mfw
He's playing three colors.
He's playing three colors.

I had twotabs open between this and a Grull deck on here xD
My life as a pigeon.
>mfw
I updated the deck list in the first post. What do you think of it now?

Goodbye 4 Now, Baloden (Terry Halderman)

Sign In to post comments