Card of the Week 15: 4/9/13 - 4/15/13

72 posts / 0 new
Last post

Card of the Week

4/9/13 - 4/15/13

Welcome to Card of the Week! This is an on-running contest of sorts where great cards are given the celebration they deserve, the praise for what perhaps went unnoticed.

Last week magicpablo slinked his way to the top with this fun little number:

Sketch 
Enchantment
Sketch enters the battlefield as a copy of target creature, except that it is not a creature.

"What exactly am I looking at here?" 
- Pola Reiszen, Master Instructiore

Previous Winners
1/1/13 - 1/7/13 theAtog

Body Sinker 
Creature - Merfolk Assassin
Islandwalk
If a creature an opponent creature would die, you may have it becomes an island instead. (It's no longer a creature.)
4/1
-----
1/8/13 - 1/14/13 ImidazolineSilly_Dragons

Polarize |
Enchantment
Creatures you control are white and get +1/+1.
Creatures opponents control are black and red.
Born on the same street. Buried in plot miles apart.

Serra's Lament
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures, then planeswalk. Instead of returning the current plane to a planar deck, remove it from the game.
Only in memory is her world forever pure.
-----
1/15/13 - 1/21/13 Hairless Thoctar

Cage Fighter

Creature-Ogre Berserker
Creatures your opponents control have ": Fight Cage Fighter" 
6/5
-----
1/22/13 - 1/28/13 Mown

Order of the Pale Road 
Creature - Human Monk
If a permanent would leave the battlefield, exile it instead.
The lessons in life shapes you, like bricks in a wall. It is only when complete, that you find it does naught but prevent your return.
2/2
-----
1/29/13 - 2/4/13 zammm; Detektor

Holding Cell - 
Sorcery
Exile target creature. Return that card to the battlefield when a player casts a spell named Holding Cell.
Azorius prisons are notoriously overcrowded.

Judge of Armaments 
Creature - Human Judge
Having a +1/+1 counter put on you is against the law.
Whenever a creature breaks the law, detain it.
1/3
-----
2/5/13 - 2/11/13 Detektor

Irrigated Field
Land - Plains
After your third turn of the game, Irrigated Field is an Island.
For eight thousand years, the Iteru had always flooded its banks just in time for the famers to plant flax. Was the river spirit offering a gesture of constancy in a world torn apart by war? Or was she the one seeking reassurance?
-----
2/12/13 - 2/18/13 turnip_song; Arazlam; SimpleDreams

Ma'ruf the Cobbler

Legendary Creature-Human
You may play lands from outside the game. (They still count towards your land per turn limit.) 
Wish, above all else, for the worlds that lie beyond. Weep, above all else, for the burdens which you bring.
2/1

Æther Strings |
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
You may activate enchanted creature's activated abilities.
"What's wrong Tim? Why are you pointing me with th--"
— Last words of Zeon, Director of the Institute of Arcane Study

Stellar Impact
Sorcery R
Arrange all creatures on the battlefield into a circle in any order, then choose one of those creatures at random. Destroy that creature and the two creatures adjacent to it in the circle.
On Ugoya, the word "starstruck" means something completely different.
-----
2/26/13 - 3/4/13 Arazlam

Timithy Spirit |
Creature - Spirit Illusion - (C)
Timithy Spirit can't attack or block unless it has another ability.
2/2
-----
3/5/13 - 3/11/13 Kavu_Overlord

Clockwatcher 
Creature - Human Wizard

Clockwatcher is a 6/6 Avatar with flying during extra turns.

He's the only one to notice that every so often, a clock will tick without moving.

2/1
-----
3/12/13 - 3/18/13 HairlessThoctar; febbstalicious42; Rush_Clasic

Cruel Mercy

Sorcery
Target player reveals his or her hand. You choose a card revealed this way. That player discards another card.

Iridescent Anchor -- 
Creature - Spirit Illusion
As long as Iridescent Anchor is not a card, it gets +2/+2 and gains hexproof.
A successful wizard has the power to make his dreams real. A wise wizard fears to.
2/3

Social Studies
Sorcery
Each player who controls a creature with trample draws a card. Repeat this process for deathtouch, defender, flash, haste, hexproof, intimidate, landwalk, reach, and vigilance.
"What measure is the knowledge of a single mind versus that of the whole world?"
- Ro, Wirewood shaman

-----
3/19/13 - 3/25/13 by 3-7-15-1-292

Heroic Stand 
Instant
Target creature you control fights all attacking creatures.
"Yes, he died, but he died surrounded by the corpses of the enemy. For that, we shall always remember him."
-----
3/26/13 - 4/1/13 by Detektor

Scale Sprite 
Creature - Insect Faerie
Flying
Scale Sprite deals damage to creatures in the form of size counters. (Creatures with size counters on them are X/X, where X is the number of size counters on them.)
"What size do you want to be?" it asked.
"Oh, I'm not particular as to size," Alice hastily replied; "only one doesn't like changing so often, you know."

1/1
-----
4/2/13 - 4/8/13 by magicpablo666

Sketch 
Enchantment
Sketch enters the battlefield as a copy of target creature, except that it is not a creature.

"What exactly am I looking at here?" 
- Pola Reiszen, Master Instructiore

Nomination Rules:
Anyone may nominate a card from any thread in YMTC as long as it was posted between 12:00 AM of the starting date and 11:59 PM of the ending date of that week's thread, Pacific Standard Time (that's what I live by, and I'm not fancy enough to use UT1). 
All nominations require the following:

1. The full card posted into this thread.
2. A link to the post/thread where the card originated.
3. The name of the card's creator.

You may nominate one cards  week.
You can't nominate your own designs.
All designs nominated will be put into a poll in the next week's thread. The design with the most votes is declared Card of the Week!

Voting Rules:
You may vote for any number of entries. Remember, every vote you cast matters, so try to vote only for the cards you really think deserve to win.
You may vote for yourself.
All cards carrying the most votes when the poll closes are elected as the winner for that week.
All winners and winning cards will be collected in the sblock above.

Nominations for 4/2/13 - 4/8/13
Restitch 
Sorcery
Exile a creature card from your graveyard.  If you do, search your library for a Thrull card, reveal it, and put it into your hand.  Then, shuffle your library.

by idrinkyourmilkshake
-----
Clean Sweep --
Instant
You may return three nonland permanents you control to their owner's hands rather than pay Clean Sweep's mana cost.
Exile target spell.

by squinty_eyes
-----
Sealed Archfiend
Creature - Demon Spirit
Flying
When Sealed Archfiend enters the battlefield, put a seal counter on another target permanent of an opponent's choice. If you do, Sealed Archfiend can't attack or block as long as that permanent has a seal counter on it.
The problem with imprisoning demons is that they never remain that way.
6/6

by Silly_Dragons
-----
Presentsage
Instant
Is a spell or ability causing you to a draw card? Why settle for one? Draw three! You don't think you can? Well, with just three easy payments of 233.33 you too can own Jozi the Cabirian Tightrope Unicyclists proven techniques for maximized card draw! Order now, and we'll throw in this life-like replica of a real Cabirian Unicycle for free!

by magicpablo666
-----
Lotus Garden --
Sorcery (M)
Put three artifact tokens named Black Lotus onto the battlefield. They have ", Sacrifice Black Lotus: Add three mana of any one color to your mana pool."

by ParadOxymoron
-----
Mating Roar  
Sorcery (C) 
Add  to your mana pool equal to the highest power among creatures you control. 
There is beauty in the fury of nature's howl. It commands stillness and understanding, and ultimately beckons the one to which it calls.

by Rush_Clasic
-----
Gravity Fatesmith — ()()
Creature — Avatar (M)
Whenever Gravity Fatesmith attacks, scry 60.
Whenever Gravity Fatesmith blocks, fateseal 60.
Futures fall towards it like like a stone to the earth.
7/7

by tyranno6
-----
Death Throes          
Instant
Whenever a creature dies this turn, its controller may have it deal damage equal to its power to target creature.
Sometimes it's not a wiggle, so much as a violent spasm.

by POSValkir1
-----
Street Urchin
Creature - Human Rogue
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may exchange a card in your hand with one in your graveyard.
You wouldn't believe some of the stuff the guilds throw out...
1/1

by Ulcaster
-----
De-escalation
Instant
Each player chooses a permanent they control and returns it to its owner's hand.
Draw a card.
"Blood cannot be unspilt, but perhaps the bleeding can be slowed. If not peace, then at least less war." - Jael Sen, the Unshadowed

by Dr_Demento
-----
Tree of Serenity
Creature - Tree

If a source would deal any amount of damage, it deals 1 damage instead.

0/3

by Esterdi
-----
Put the Pieces Together

Enchantment (R)
Whenever you solve a Mystery, put a clue counter on Put the Pieces Together.
Whenever there are seven or more clue counters on Put the Pieces Together, you win the game.

by Libe (Here's an explanation on how mysteries work)
-----
Gyroplasm  
Creature -- Shapeshifter Ooze (R) 
You may have Gyroplasm enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except it has Evolve. (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.) 
0/0

by Libe
-----
Cerridwen of the Golden Harvests 
Legendary Creature - Angel Elf
Flying
If you would gain life, you may add that much to your mana pool instead.
If mana would be added to your mana pool, you may gain that much life instead.
4/4

by theatog
-----
Converting Bosk
Land (C)
(p), : Choose one—Add to your mana pool; or you gain 2 life.

by ParadOxymoron
-----
Primordial Soup 
Creature - Ooze
Evolve, evolve
It seemed harmless enough, but then Gru poked it with a stick.  Poor Gru.
0/1

by Dudibus
-----
Day of the New Generation

Sorcery

Destroy all creatures that didn't enter the battlefield this turn.

Revolution is the dream of a young man and the nightmare of an old one.

by vlord
-----
Smoke Signal 
Sorcery
Search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield with a blaze counter on it, then shuffle your library. For as long as that land has a blaze counter on it, it has "At the beginning of your upkeep, this land deals 1 damage to you."
"We spent six months trying to locate the treetop village of Apehame. But in the end, all we had to do was follow the smoke and the smell of ashes."

by Detektor
-----
The Goblin who Ate the Moon
Enchantment – Aura (R)
Enchant creature
Fableform (You may cast this spell without a target. If you do, it enters the battlefield attached to a 0/0 white Fable creature token.)
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has trample.
Whenever enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, all nonbasic lands become Mountains until the beginning of your next turn.

by ParadOxymoron
-----
Velictan Doppelganger
Creature – Shapeshifter
You may have Velictan Doppelganger enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield or any creature card in a graveyard.
0/0

by ParadOxymoron
-----
Mirrorganism

Creature-Mutant Ooze 
Mirrorganism enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
Mirrorganism deals combat damage in the form of proliferation. (Whenever Mirrorganism would deal an amount of combat damage to a creature or player, instead proliferate that many times.)
1/1

by turnip_song
-----
Virulent Strain 
Creature - Germ
Evolve, graft 2
+1/+1 counters on other permanents are -1/-1 counters.
Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, proliferate.
It was only a matter of time before the perfect life form ended all others.
0/0

by Dudibus

Nominations for this round and votes for the last one due Monday, April 15th, just in time for taxes. (Or if you're not American, just in time for... um... the spring solstice?)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

22 nomations! Twenty-Two... Nomi-Nations. Either the week was a well designed one or the contest is getting more and more activity. In the interest of curbing the number of cards we get, we're gonna try decreasing the nominations to one a week per person. If the number of entries dries up, we'll move back up to two.
Thank you rush for your hard work. It must take easily an hour and up to do this.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Four nominations! Wow! No matter what the outcome of the voting, I consider myself a winner this week.

And as theatog said, thank you Rush for all your hard work.

I'm thinking of starting a petition to have Wizards print the Card of the Year. 

PORTRAIT OF A PLANESWALKER – Coming October 13th, 2013

IMAGE(http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/385.gif)

Four nominations! Wow! No matter what the outcome of the voting, I consider myself a winner this week.

And as theatog said, thank you Rush for all your hard work.

I'm thinking of starting a petition to have Wizards print the Card of the Year. 

I tried doing that when I had three, but it didn't work :/
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I'll be very disappointed if pablo doesn't win this week.

On a side ntoe, I found myself voting for six cards this week. How many do you ladies and gents typically vote for?

On a side ntoe, I found myself voting for six cards this week. How many do you ladies and gents typically vote for?

THis week's really pales in comparison to Mental Block.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)

2-4
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
i vote for zero

and i always try to make rush's life harder than it needs to be 
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.

I really will vote for any of them that pique my interest. This week I only voted for two; a lot I considered, but the spark was missing from a lot of them (at least, for me). As for voting on myself, I only do so when I actually like the card. I think I've only voted on myself 50% of the time I've been nominated.
Wait a second! You accepted that card but not the whatever-I-made-dumb-thing two weeks ago? Also, how is my card beating like half a dozen other entries? Something is clearly amiss.

Oh, I also missed one of the ones I wanted to vote for. I'm going to use a MUP to vote for it. Breaking my strict policy of not using MUPs to vote for things - which certainly isn't the reason I won last weak. Shifty Eye Yellow Circle Being. "Slinked" indeed!

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Wait a second! You accepted that card but not the whatever-I-made-dumb-thing two weeks ago? Also, how is my card beating like half a dozen other entries? Something is clearly amiss.

Oh, I also missed one of the ones I wanted to vote for. I'm going to use a MUP to vote for it. Breaking my strict policy of not using MUPs to vote for things - which certainly isn't the reason I won last weak. Shifty Eye Yellow Circle Being. "Slinked" indeed!

I didn't recognize that other card as a card. I thought my thread was just being image spammed. This week's had the recognizable features of a card, if not the heart of one.
Just joshin'. Don't worry about it. If I were you I probably wouldn't have included either. . .

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I only vote for cards made by me because I'm vain.
A little bit of courage is the real magic.
I vote for cards I find clever, incredibly unique (in a non-un set way), or very flavorful.

This week it was just De-escalation for me...mainly because I was filled with jealous rage that all those mana to life cards were included but not my mana to life card Embarassed.  If I could take it back though, the Bosk would get a vote.
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
Mana Bosk was initially very tempting for me, but then I realized that no matter it elegance, it you are relying on having more turns where you have mana to spare than turns you need all your mana for it to even equal Forest in utility, which is felt pretty meh.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
probably true, but the Johnny in me says:  "This can destroy worlds".  I guess at the end of the day its a much, much worse Channel, or a worse Healing Salve...

Whatever, it looks pretty and I'm shallow. 
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
wow, 22 entries and I only voted for 2? get it together you guys

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Mine's only there because I Idol'd my way in Embarassed...
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Dimir Silencer-
Creature-Zombie Wizard
Sacrifice Dimir Silencer: Counter target spell unless its controller pays .
You may cast Dimir Silencer from your graveyard.
"The true strength of an individual is his voice. The true strength of an organization is silence."~Xeliar, Sculptor of Lies
1/1

By Razor
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah

Dimir Silencer-
Creature-Zombie Wizard
"The true strength of an individual is his voice. The true strength of an organization is silence."~Xeliar, Sculptor of Lies
1/1

By ChaosLight

I'm pretty sure razorborne made that card.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
eddned is master troll

Voted for the Archfiend and Parad's Goblin.  Really like the Archfiend.
I typically cast 0-2 votes.

The Goblin Who Ate the Moon has the weird side bonus of making a creature that makes protection from Red less of a concern in a mono-Red deck.  :D
I ended up voting for three, but i think i could have voted for more. A lot of excellent cards this time.
Only one nomination per week now? Well, this makes my YMtCotW endeavor slightly less fruitful. Not that I'm complaining: fewer cards to comment on.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

Khans of Tarkir Clan Quiz
After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

I only vote for cards made by me because I'm vain.

i want to say i'm less vain than silly but i really am not.

I vote for 3-4 designs. but if i got nominated, i limit it to 1 to at most 2.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Only one nomination per week now? Well, this makes my YMtCotW endeavor slightly less fruitful. Not that I'm complaining: fewer cards to comment on.

You could always hold a mini-poll between the two.
Question: Can we un-nominate cards if we made them?

139359831 wrote:

I believe the term is "politely decline."
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Ascetic Virtues
Instant
Lose all attachments.
"Anyone can walk the path of the ascetic, pain is of the mind, possessions are of the mind, love is of the mind. As long as they are held by the mind they hold power over the mind, but once they are released, there are no barriers." - Thrun, the Last Troll

From this AMAZINGLY NAMED THREAD. Sometimes it takes one man with courage to admit what everyone else is too scared to say.

139359831 wrote:

You could always hold a mini-poll between the two.

or find a cohost.

Nominate
Slow Wits

Enchantment
Players may not respond.
"Any questions?"

From here

Sure. Just try to do so earlier than later so the nominator can get another nominee.

Mana Bosk was initially very tempting for me, but then I realized that no matter it elegance, it you are relying on having more turns where you have mana to spare than turns you need all your mana for it to even equal Forest in utility, which is felt pretty meh.

There was a point I was uncertain about nominating it for this very reason. But I think it's an interesting attrition card that forces you to look at resource management differently and that rewards you for controlling that flow of play properly. Looking at it like that made it VERY interesting to me.
Can we please work on our wording? The Wording Clinic is even stickied now, there's no excuse.
Can we please work on our wording? The Wording Clinic is even stickied now, there's no excuse.

I tend to agree. We seem to have gotten into a lazy habit of 'cool wording is cool' without trying to justify why the change would be good or necessary.

I'm all for 'creating' tokens - I think that's a great keyword action. Others have not been so well thought out.

I tend to agree. We seem to have gotten into a lazy habit of 'cool wording is cool' without trying to justify why the change would be good or necessary.

I'm all for 'creating' tokens - I think that's a great keyword action. Others have not been so well thought out.

To be fair, whenever I feel compelled to do such a thing, I put the card in a thread that specifically warns that the card will be an oddball. THat is not my normal desinging habit.

It just that Pablo gets a nomination like everyone else.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
To be honest, yours wasn't the card I was looking at.

Dimir Silencer-
Creature-Zombie Wizard
1/1

By Razor

I'm pretty sure razorborne made that card.

What are you talking about ?
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah
Arcane Sap
Instant

Counter target spell unless its controller reveals an instant or sorcery card from his or her hand.

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts -
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (R)
Extort
If you would gain life, you gain twice that much life instead.
At the beginning of each end step, each opponent loses life equal to the life he or she lost this turn. (Damage causes loss of life.)
2/3

PORTRAIT OF A PLANESWALKER – Coming October 13th, 2013

IMAGE(http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/385.gif)

But if these cards are worded properly, how will they ever get a nom?