Just for fun

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Our group just finished a big adventure arc and are thinking about retooling. I've got plans for if we continue with our current characters, but there are some thoughts that maybe a nice diversion would be a good break, so we're considernig creating a new party for a fun little relatively low-level adventure or two. It might be serious, it might be for comedy relief. If it turns out to be a lot of fun we might just continue with it, who knows.

I'm wondering what might be some good ideas/rules for character creation? One idea was a party full of gnomes, which could be fun. Anyone have anything else that comes to mind?

J
what edition are you playing ?  I ask because sometimes people post 3.5 stuff in this forum.
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

I've always thought running a party that had race and power source in common would be fun. Arcane dwarves, divine halflings, primal elves... Especially if they go against the stereotype for the race. I recently was talking with a friend of running an all wizard campaign, each person running a different sub class.
Well you could always do the evil campaign. Perhaps a monster campaign. Or maybe a campaign that doesn't even involve saving the world, ending a war, etc (Other cliche campaigns). Maybe one about the characters going into a future world (kinda like ours, or maybe a CoC era like the 1920's) Just be creative think of any fun thing and make it happen. Be sure to include your players in brainstorming.

Come to 4ENCLAVE for a fan based 4th Edition Community.

Stuff based on a novel or show can also be  fun for a short campaign.

Evil parties tend to be a 'ticking time bomb" so a short campaign helps avoid the explosion, and well, if it dos explode, its not like you missed out on much anyway. 
what edition are you playing ?  I ask because sometimes people post 3.5 stuff in this forum.

It's 4e

It's 4e

You could do a themed game. Like a gothic horror game.

one of the things I'm considering if this situation ever arises at our table is playing the recently published pixie adventure
Stuff based on a novel or show can also be  fun for a short campaign.

Evil parties tend to be a 'ticking time bomb" so a short campaign helps avoid the explosion, and well, if it dos explode, its not like you missed out on much anyway. 

I will disagree, the best campaign I ever played was an all evil cast, and it lasted a long, long time.

Just very different goals and agendas, it shouldn’t resort into a bomb if everyone at the table is mature.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/1.jpg)

Pirates!

Combat, plunder and loot, with an earned rest on Isla Tortuga :D 
-Ask me about Sketch Combat.
I really appreciate the feedback guys. Any other ideas?

I really appreciate the feedback guys. Any other ideas?

Other plane advetnures are always fun. Where you can change the laws of physics at a whim...