Vulnerable and Resistance

It's become apparent, after the monk in the previous edition did 80 points of damage on a single hit, that perhaps doubling damage for a vulnerability is a bit much.  He used Flurry of Blows.  First hit - Touch of Stony Doom.  Second hit dump remaining MD and the +15 bonus in...then double.

Granted damage for the martial classes has been seriously downplayed, but with monster hit points being relatively low, we're debating going with a Vulnerable = Advantage on damage, Resistance = Disadvantage on damage.  It ties in with the existing rules and does away with double damage, which can be extreme.

Thoughts?
Obviously the monk in my Mud Tombs playtest used the Stone Path as well; but Touch of Stony Doom has some downsides:

1. It's not an automatic success

2. Ki is long rest resource; and ToSD shares it with a decent reaction

3. Particularly in the new test, there's no Flurry of Blows. So you have to go Two-Weapon Fighting, but fighting with two 1d6 fists is not as effective as fighting with 1d10/1d4 polearm due to how Deadly Strike works now. No such polearm is bludgeoning. The best a monk could do is be a dwarf for 1d8 weapon.
Obviously the monk in my Mud Tombs playtest used the Stone Path as well; but Touch of Stony Doom has some downsides:

1. It's not an automatic success

2. Ki is long rest resource; and ToSD shares it with a decent reaction

3. Particularly in the new test, there's no Flurry of Blows. So you have to go Two-Weapon Fighting, but fighting with two 1d6 fists is not as effective as fighting with 1d10/1d4 polearm due to how Deadly Strike works now. No such polearm is bludgeoning. The best a monk could do is be a dwarf for 1d8 weapon.

We don't have a Monk in our current playtest group so I haven't looked overly much at it.  Good to know some of it has been toned down though.

1)  It may as well be given the low bonuses to saves many monsters have.

2)  At the level for MST it's a 5/day resource, which means you can likely use a Ki ability every encounter without issue.

3)  Yay!  Though I think Flurry of Blows should be a monk power since it harkens back to the original monk back in the day.

1) I agree, monster saves have to be looked into

2) that actually depends on how much the monk is striker/debuffer vs tank for the group, as the reaction is tanky

3) The devs have stated they will revisit the monk and give more stuff (FoB included?) in a future playtest. At the moment the Monk is lackluster it's only interesting feature apart from Ki is the opportunity to take two 9th level feats
Our monk was very much a "hit them hard" monk, relying on the two fighters and the cleric to be more tanky.
Hrm. Come think of it, the big downside of ToSD is forcing the rest of the party to use bludgeoning weapons. This is a roleplaying downside, not a mechanical one, but still.
I think used to be 150% or 75%, maybe that would be better, though it's slightly harder to calculate.