[ICD]

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
*EDIT* I don't know how to change the title of this thread, but I meant it to say "[ICD] Power of Study"...

So another random idea that popped into my head:

Power of Study
Enchantment
Whenever you cast a spell, you may counter that spell. If you do, put up to X +1/+1 counters on target creature, where X is the converted mana cost of the countered spell.
Well, now that we know how this works...trash it and make something big.

C&C?

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

Not much difference between this way and the Knollspine Invocation way except that with this way you have to pay the colored mana in the spell's cost and you can't always do it at instant speed.

If you made it the knollspine invocation way, you could have a "only at sorcery speed" restriction if you're worried about that, and you could also make it mono green since it basically just lets you discard cards to get +1/+1 counters.
Its cool, I modified it a bit.
Genetic Infusion 
Enchantment
Whenever you cast a creature spell, you may exile that spell. If you do, put X +1/+1 counters on target creature, where X is the converted mana cost of the exiled spell.
Not much difference between this way and the Knollspine Invocation way except that with this way you have to pay the colored mana in the spell's cost and you can't always do it at instant speed.

If you made it the knollspine invocation way, you could have a "only at sorcery speed" restriction if you're worried about that, and you could also make it mono green since it basically just lets you discard cards to get +1/+1 counters.

Hm...I didn't know about Knollspine...perhaps that is a better idea? I don't know...I'm on the fence, because I wonder if perhaps counters should be worth the extra specified costs since they're more permanent than one-time burning?

Its cool, I modified it a bit.
Power of Study 
Enchantment
Whenever you cast a creature spell, you may exile that spell. If you do, put X +1/+1 counters on target creature, where X is the converted mana cost of the exiled spell.

Although without the blue mana, the "study" part loses its flavor...what's the benefit to exile over counter other than flashback and other recursion?

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

The fact that the enchantment costs more mana upfront is enough to balance the fact that +1/+1 counters are better than burning for the same amount.

Also, balance is a funny thing. A one shot +1/+1 counters spell is better than a burn spell, but when you have an enchantment that lets you do it repeatedly, the burn is probably better since it can either wipe out all their creatures or just kill the player. Whereas making a creature bigger becomes redundant after a certain point.
"other than flashback and other recursion?"

That's basicly it.