Feedback from a Druid and Cleric

Some friends and I have been playing a homebrew campaign using D&D Next and I thought I'd give my limited view of the Druid and Cleric.

I played the cleric first and used the sun cleric pre-gen that was included with the playtest packet.  At the time, our melee players were taking quite a bit of damage either due to poor tactics or excellent dm rolls.  The ability to channel positive energy was very beneficial and felt powerful and clutch.  Having the ability to cast a healing spell and then make an attack felt very good.

For our latest session, I built a halflinbg druid using the wildshape circle (the name of which escapes me).  I really enjoyed the shapeshift mechanic as it felt like a return to 3.5 era druids mixed with the shifting druid variant that came out later in that cycle that used a set template rather than the monster manual.  I chose to use the bear form.  It felt very much like a tank and didn't feel too worried when I was reduced to negative hit points.  The ability to stay concious felt very satisfying.  The spell selection looked interesting but the party wizard and I noticed that flaming sphere was a 1st level spell for him but a second level spell for druids.  We thought it might be a typo but I vaguely remembered that druids gained access to some spells a level after wizards and sorcerers did.  If that is the case then the spell entry should be updated to reflect that instead of being listed as a 2nd level spell in the spell's entry.

The bad: Attacks on "hybrid" type spellcasters felt wonky.  An effective cleric needed to pick an attack style  and allocate stats accordingly.  I would like to see most classes get something similar to 4E's combat training.  Not having the ability to effectively make attacks is a bit silly.

As a druid, I really enjoyed the wildshape mechanic but it would be nice to be able to cast a spell while wildshape, similar to the feat in 3.5 that allowed it.  It could be a class feature gained at a certain level and could even have some restrictions like requireing a full round action and causing the druid to grant advantage to enemies.  I say this because I found myself badly needing to heal myself as I was the biggest target for the enemies and I didn't want to waste my wildshape use for just a few rounds of combat.  Having the ability to heal myself without dropping out of wildhsape would be nice. 
It was pretty common in 3.5 for two classes to get the same spell at different spell levels. The Spells document needs to say "Wizard 1, Druid 2" and such in every spell description. It would make it a lot easier to browse spells without switching back and forth to the top of the document, too.
Some friends and I have been playing a homebrew campaign using D&D Next and I thought I'd give my limited view of the Druid and Cleric.

The bad: Attacks on "hybrid" type spellcasters felt wonky.  An effective cleric needed to pick an attack style  and allocate stats accordingly.  I would like to see most classes get something similar to 4E's combat training.  Not having the ability to effectively make attacks is a bit silly.

As a druid, I really enjoyed the wildshape mechanic but it would be nice to be able to cast a spell while wildshape, similar to the feat in 3.5 that allowed it.  It could be a class feature gained at a certain level and could even have some restrictions like requireing a full round action and causing the druid to grant advantage to enemies.  I say this because I found myself badly needing to heal myself as I was the biggest target for the enemies and I didn't want to waste my wildshape use for just a few rounds of combat.  Having the ability to heal myself without dropping out of wildhsape would be nice. 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the attacks felt wonky?  Are you refering to having to balance stats to cast spells and also make effective melee attacks in halfling form?  If so, isn't that the point?  If you have a character who can cast spells and make melee/ranged attacks well, why would you want or need to shapechange?  In wild forms you gain the bonuses associated with the form selected which improve later on with Dire Beast, Behemoth  .  Personally, I don't want to see druids who can cast awesome spells, attack well AND shapechange.  

Along those lines, please no spell casting animals.  That is the trade-off of being able to shape change.  You swap your spell ability for physical ability for a period of time.  If offered, I wouldn't want to see it until very high levels as an ahievement of a druid who has mastered all of his/her talents and has proven themself to be a worthy servant of their deity.  

If you have a small group of players/characters and the druid is the only healer, I certainly understand where you are coming from but thematically, I don't like it.  Regardless of the final decision, not like that can't easily be changed for any home gamge easily enough to suit the needs/desires of the group. 
Being able to shapeshift at will would solve the druid's problem, I think.
casting while shpaechanged "broke" the 3.5 druid so probably shouldn't happen again shapechange at will would mean a meaningless shapechange like in 4e which would also be bad its worth only being able to do something x/day if it getsto be something cool